European specialist MSAR focuses on design, building & leasing (rental) of high speed all-weather, multi-purpose self-righting mission craft of 14 to 18 meters. The platform design of the aluminum vessels allows for a wide variety of applications and configurations such as SAR operations, (border) patrol, maritime security, fire-fighting & fisheries control.
They are primarily intended for use by state and governmental entities such as armed forces, coast guards, police force, customs and emergency/civil protection departments. Designed to operate in severe weather conditions, the vessels have the ability to be deployed in missions out of the operational range for other vessels. Being built as a semi-custom, the vessel allows specific equipment and hardware to be installed for a variety of configurations.
- About the MSAR
- MSAR, Ltd. was formally introduced in October at the Euronaval 2012 Exhibition & Conference in Paris, France. MSAR Ltd., the manufacturer, unveiled their exciting new vessels to the world's maritime marketplace. Creating a series of configurations, MSAR has answered the call for up to date innovation for SAR operations, (border) patrol, maritime security, fire-fighting & fisheries control. The utilization of efficient power plants coupled with pod drive and jet drive propulsion systems powering these new vessels efficiently and economically. Their unique Leasing Solutions have taken the market by storm. The 50 foot MSAR Search & Rescue model is impressive. It is designed as a first response rescue resource in high seas, surf and heavy weather environments. It is built to withstand the most severe conditions at sea and is capable of completing a rescue even under the most difficult circumstances. It is self-bailing, self-righting, almost unsinkable, and has a long cruising radius for its size. MSAR, Ltd. offers full service leasing options such as Operating Dry Leases; Operating Wet Leases and Charter Contracts.
- Brief Overview of Features and Benefits
- The MSAR Rescue and Patrol platforms are 50 feet long, have a beam of 14 feet, and draw 4.5 feet of water. Their displacement is 20 tons at full load and they have a compliment of 6. The 50' MSAR can accommodate up to 8 additional passengers/survivors. Their speeds will vary depending on the engine options chosen which currently include models from both Rolls Royce and Cummins and whether the vessel is equipped with two, three or four engines. The propulsion systems include the use of Pod Drives or Jet Drives. Their cruising range will of course vary depending on the engines chosen. The MSAR vessel has a 100-ton towing capacity. The 50' MSAR is of an all-aluminum construction, is capable of operating in 20' breaking seas and winds of 60 knots, and can survive impacts at three times the force of gravity. The 50' MSAR is self-righting, and can return to an upright, operational configuration within 10 seconds, whether "pitch-polled" (rolled fore and aft) or rolled into swells (rolled across the boat's beam.) In addition, the MSAR is self-bailing and its machinery is not subject to operational interruption, even while inverted. The boat can be operated from both an exposed bridge (offering better visibility in rescue situations) or from the enclosed pilothouse (to limit crew fatigue during extended surf operations.) To mitigate the pounding effects associated with surf operations, the 50' MSAR incorporates shock absorbing crew seats. The Crew/ Passengers compliment is a total of 14 with six (6) crew and eight (8) passengers/survivors. These seats feature 360 degrees of rotation, lap belts, armrests, and lumbar supports. The survivor compartment is also watertight and climate-controlled, for survivor safety, comfort, and medical recovery.
- Recent International Press Release
- MSAR participates in Abu Dhabi exhibition « go back 3 months ago - Wednesday, 20 March 2013, 17:46 MSAR Ltd, a specialised company in leasing of Search and Rescue, Patrol and Offshore Support vessels, has presented its new Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) concept during NAVDEX, a leading military trade show in Abu Dhabi between the 18 th and the 21 st February. MSAR builds a series of vessels between 15 to 42 metres long with custom outfitting of hardware and equipment, meeting the needs of a vast array of rescue and patrol requirements. Mr. Jack Wijnants, Managing Director of MSAR Ltd., said that the company offers diverse options for its clients, including medical, scientific and military equipment, bullet-proof protection, secure communications, cameras, customization for extreme climates, passenger comfort features, extended range and more. Mr. Wijnants expressed satisfaction about the fact that the MSAR stand at the exhibition was very well attended and that a considerable number of international clients registered interest in MSAR’s vessels and solutions. During the NAVDEX 2013 exhibition, MSAR featured three vessels: · The Interceptor with waterjet propulsion intended for Patrol purposes · Protector with pod drives for Search and Rescue applications · The new Offshore Patrol Vessel 42M concept with standard propeller drives and an additional marine turbine for fast operations. The OPV 42M was designed following requests from the Middle-East and South-Western Africa for Anti-Piracy and Oil Platform protection. All three models available are being offered with similar leasing solutions which cover acquisition, support for 12 years, customized design to any specification, 24/7 remote monitoring and technical assistance, annual maintenance and refitting of vessel and equipment after 6 years. MSAR is a privately owned subsidiary of the Oxbridge Group with operations in Belgium, the United Kingdom and Malta. The company designs, develops, builds and leases multipurpose vessels complete with a life cycle maintenance support including an end-of-life cycle recycling solution .
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Scale testing has been performed for sea keeping and stability by the independent firm of Sea Speed Marine Consulting in Chichester, West Sussex, UK. The video describes the scale of the test vessel as well as giving profile, fore and aft views. To review the video please click on this link: http://youtu.be/B_BlQPI0A1A Interested parties are encouraged to contact Affiniti/MSAR, Ltd. at either firstname.lastname@example.org or at +44 845 8696963 to discussed the many advantages of the Affiniti/MSAR, Ltd product line and the innovative leasing programs options. Discover the Affiniti/MSAR Advantage!