A high-volume, ocean-cruising ketch designed by Ron Holland to provide impressive sailing performance capabilities with a small crew alongside stability, comfort and low angles of heel.
For more information about "KESTREL" please take a look at the full specification.
- KESTREL Specification
- DIMENSIONS Length O.A. 32.4m (106ft) Length W.L. 21.7m (71ft) Length Deck 28.5m (94ft) Beam 6.74m (22ft) Draft (half load) 2.9m (9.5ft Air Draft 31.5m (103ft) TONNAGE Gross 96 tonnes YEAR BUILT 2012 BUILDER Aganlar Tersanesi, Bodrum, Turkey NAVAL ARCHITECT Ron Holland Design EXTERIOR DESIGNER Ron Holland Design INTERIOR DESIGNER Ron Holland Design & Kestrel Superyachts Ltd CONSTRUCTION Aluminium Hull, rigs and superstructure, teak laid decks CLASSIFICATION RINA Yacht Class C X HULL.MACH Ych (MCA) MCA coded for LY2 within 60 miles of safe haven
- MAIN ENGINE Scania D11259M with twin Disc STEERING Lewmar Whitlock Mamba torque rod and gearbox steering system GEAR BOX Twin Disc MG5114A SHAFTS & PROPELLERS Four bladed Brunton Aquaprop Folding propeller SPEEDS & FUEL Approx 10 knots at 1600RPM under engine CONSUMPTIONS Fuel consumption (main engine) approx. 50 Litres per hour at 1600 RPM 11 + knots under full sail with 14.7 knots achieved at 90 degrees apparent angle RANGE Main engine approx. 1500 nautical miles at 10 knots, 1700 at 8 knots Generator approx. 7 Litres per hour SAILS & RIGGING RIG MEASUREMENTS White sail area including genoa 519m2 White sail area excluding genoa 289m2 Optional mizzen staysail 140m2 Optional MPS 355m2 SPARS Aluminium 3 spreader main mast with jumper strut Aluminium two-spreader mizzen mast with jumper strut, Aluminium booms with lazyjacks Lewmar self-tacking jib track Blocks, tracks, travelers and cars by Harken STANDING RIGGING Ketch rigged, furling self- tacking inner jib, furling genoa on bowsprit, fully battened main and mizzen sails. Rod standing rigging FURLING GEAR Bamar hydraulic furler staysail Bamar hydraulic furler to genoa WINCHES 2 x Lewmar 111/3HST three-speed hydraulic winches (2 x primary/genoa) 1 x Lewmar 88/3HST three-speed hydraulic (mainsheet, self-tacking jib) 1 x Lewmar 58/HST two-speed hydraulic mizzen sheet winch 1 x Lewmar 58/ST two-speed manual mizzen halyard (mounted on mast) 2 x Lewmar 77/2HST two-speed hydraulic halyard winches to port and stbd of main mast SAIL WARDROBE Cruising wardrobe by UK sails Genoa Reacher Self tracking staysail Fully battened mainsail with reefing points Fully battened mizzen with reefing points RIG OPTIONS Schooner rig, Wishbone schooner rig, Cutter rig, in mast furling, rod rigging
- Auxiliary Machinery & Electrical Systems
- GENERATORS 2 x 28 Kohler Generators 28 EFOZD in engine room. ELECTRICITY 230v 50Hz A.C. system, 1 x 24v D.C. system – three phase system for air conditioning chiller and 5kW hydraulic motor Siemens transformer 2 x MASS 24/5000-120 Victron Quattro Combi inverter/chargers AC and DC switchboards Synoptic panel SHORE POWER 2 x single phase shore power supply @ 13kVA with auto transfer soft start for 110 & 230 volts. BATTERIES 12 x 2 volt gel traction service batteries, capacity 1,500 amps @ 10 hour discharge rate 2 x 200 Amps 12 v batteries for buffer bank/emergency radio battery bank 12 v engine cranking batteries 24v generator cranking batteries
- Founded in 1975, now with ten offices globally, Burgess is the superyacht industry leader, uniquely specialising in yachts of over 40 metres (130 feet). Renowned for its professional yachting services, the company leverages its expertise to guide clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including sale and purchase, technical consultancy, management and charter. Please contact us for a full listing of our Central Agency Yachts for sale.