- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
DON'T MISS THIS ONE! LOWEST PRICES VALIANT 42 ON THE MARKET. See this one and then compare. No disappointments.
For more than 30 years the world's most experienced blue water sailors have chosen Valiant Yachts for the real world of offshore live-aboard cruising. By using time-tested, proven design concepts and construction techniques, Valiant Yachts has remained a favorite among cruising sailors the world over. In fact, there have been more short-handed and single handed long distance voyages and circumnavigations in Valiant Yachts than any other line of sailboat. Most of which were accomplished by cruising couples.
Valiant Yachts are known for their legendary sailing performance, quality construction, safety and comfort at sea. Designed by renowned naval architect, Robert Perry, every Valiant utilizes proven concepts such as the cutter rig, modified fin keel, skeg rudder, and canoe stern to create true offshore sailing magic. It is why experienced cruising sailors and newcomers to blue water sailing continue to choose Valiant for their offshore adventures.
Valiant Yachts has been recognized as one of the best sailing yachts you can buy. Everything on a Valiant is overbuilt and there is certainly nothing done inexpensively. The solid nature of the boat is evident from the moment you step onboard. The detail and workmanship is incredible as the boat was built in Texas by a group of highly skilled craftsman dedicated to perfection. Valiant Yachts is proud to have sent so many couples to sea in a boat that was built to take them there. If you are looking for a Valiant Yacht you already know that this is the most well designed and safe blue water sailing vessel that exists for two people or a crew to sail the world. You will know immediately after you step onboard that TENACITY is an exceptional value.
- All interior spaces are made of hand rubbed cherry with fiddles and sea rails on all horizontal surfaces. The use of white fiberglass panels with ash ceiling battens and the stainless steel ports make the interior feel like a much larger sailing yacht. The cabin sole is teak with inlaid basswood for a beautiful finish. All drawers are all dovetailed, not stapled together. The interior design is well laid out with easy flow and maneuverability. Boarding TENACITY by way of the port or starboard boarding gates the side decks are wide and offer ease of maneuverability. Walking aft to the “U” shaped cockpit with wide seating and ample room for a crowd you appreciate the flow of the Valiant 42. Down the companionway you enter the main cabin. Behind the companionway steps is easy access to battery and other switches. At the base of the companionway is a teak grate draining area keeping water away from the main cabin while the hanging “wet” locker is located inside the head compartment. Lifting the companionway allows wonderful access into the engine room. To port is access into the aft cabin which features an opening to the companionway for added natural light, ventilation and easy storage. The opening is closed for privacy. The aft cabin features a double berth, ample storage and hanging spaces, a small settee with mirror. Across from the guest cabin is the head. In the head is a large door along the aft bulkhead that allows complete entry into the engine room space. The head features a separate shower stall, mirrored vanity and ample storage. Further forward and to port is the large and well thought out “U” shaped galley area. To starboard is a cabinet containing the galley pantry with 4 large pull out drawers. The galley offers ample counter top and storage spaces, and trash receptacle. The galley will please even the most discriminating chef. Across from the galley is the large navigation station with in desk storage and spacious electronics area. The main cabin features a port side “L” shaped dinette with folding center line table. To starboard is a settee. Forward is access into the master stateroom with a center line queen berth. There is an abundance of storage in the master with port and starboard custom cherry lockers. Under the mattress is (4) storage areas and under the berth are storage drawers. There are port and starboard small settees with storage under the cushions. Additionally there is a port side cedar lined hanging locker and a starboard side locker with storage shelves.
- Located along the port side of the main cabin, the “U” shaped galley offers excellent onboard food preparation and cooking capabilities which will certainly please any chef. Double stainless steel sink with faucets for filtered and unfiltered water Seagull IV-IFP water filter under galley sink Seafrost BG1000 110 volt single plate system with separate freezer compartment Princess three burner propane stove top and oven Propane solenoid and safety switch in galley Fresh water foot pump Large pantry cabinet on starboard side with pull out drawers Ample counter top space Ample storage cabinets and drawers with deep dry storage
- Ritchie SP5 compass mounted at binnacle Raymarine ST-60 TRIDATA with wind, speed and depth with repeaters ICOM M502 HVF with RAM microphone in cockpit ICOM 802 SSB at navigation station with automatic tuning Furuno GP 37 GPS display at navigation station Garmin GPS Map 76 display at navigation station Furuno 1724 color chartplotter and RADAR display in cockpit Furuno 36 mile radar dome on mast Alpha 3000 autopilot with remote control at helm Furuno weather fax Pactor III computer modem
- Lighthouse 1501 electric anchor windlass with foot switches Exceptional stainless steel bow pulpit with double anchor rollers Divided anchor locker Deck and anchor raw water wash down system Delta 55 lbs. primary anchor with anchor swivel and 300 ft. of chain rode Bruce 44 lbs. secondary anchor with 25 ft. of chain and 200 ft. of rope rode Fortress FX-23 15 lbs. stern anchor with 25 ft. of chain and 200 ft. rope rode Anchor chain snubber with custom bridle and stainless steel claw for chain Valiant custom hard dodger with screens for acrylic windows Solid Sunbrella window covers for sun protection Custom stainless steel wrap around double rail stern rail Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines Port and starboard boarding gates Side mounted stainless steel and teak swim ladder for port or starboard gates Valiant custom non-skid system on deck and cabin top Cockpit lazarettes port and starboard Propane storage in cockpit locker, self-draining (6) Lewmar Ocean Series offshore hatches (11) Hood stainless steel opening ports with screens (6) 12 inch mooring cleats (4) custom stainless steel grab rails Extended stern rail to aft gates with additional stanchions port and starboard (2) chrome dorade vents with stainless steel guards Outboard motor mount on stern rail Emergency bilge pump Emergency tiller Magma BBQ propane grill mounted in stern rail (2) 20 lbs. propane tanks
- Sails and Rigging
- Sail Area : IJPE: 850 square feet I: 52.92 feet J: 19.75 feet P: 48.33 feet E: 13.58 feet True Cutter rig All lines lead to line stoppers in cockpit with line bags Custom Valiant painted aluminum mast with double spreaders Custom Valiant painted aluminum boom with internal outhaul and topping lift Windex 15 spar fly at masthead Traveler is a custom Valiant bridge with offshore hardware for mid boom sheeting Custom installed brackets for removable staysail stay at mast and on deck Navtec marine turnbuckles Navtec adjustable back stay Solid stainless steel rods for rigging Working Sail Area : 849 square feet Quantum mainsail Quantum 130% genoa Quantum 120% genoa Quantum hanked-on staysail Quantum storm sail Stainless steel chain plates with backing thru-bolted to solid fiberglass (2) Lewmar 58 CST Ocean Series primary winches (2) Lewmar 40 CST Ocean Series staysail winches Lewmar 40 CST Ocean Series halyard winch Lewmar 44 CST Ocean Series main sheet winch Winch handles Recessed genoa track with twin lead blocks Schaefer lazy jacks for main sail Main sail Sunbrella cover with lazy cut outs Staysail Sunbrella cover
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power Valiant custom circuit breaker panel with DC/AC voltmeters and Amp meters 30 Amp shore power cords with adapters Westerbeke 5Kw generator with 1700 hours Tru-Charge 40 Amp battery charger Link 20 battery monitor (5) Group 27 AGM batteries, one start and 4 house (460 total Amp hours) Newmar battery isolator Battery switches and battery parallel switch WEMA tank indicators for (2) water and (2) fuel tanks Clarion 6 disc CD player Clarion CMD5 AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with Sirius satellite (4) remote stereo speakers with (2) in salon and (2) in cockpit Village Marine Little Wonder 350 series water maker Seaward S-600 six gallon water heater with heat exchanger 110 volt GFI protected outlets Lightning bonding protection system Xintrex CO2 detector Hella ventilation fans throughout the vessel 12 volt LED lighting for navigation and anchor lights
- Westerbeke 44 hp, fresh water cooled diesel engine with 1900 hours V-drive transmission with reduction gear Nautilloy 1 ¼ inch stainless steel shaft Dripless PPS shaft seal Max Prop 3 blade feathering propeller 1 ½ inch bronze seawater strainer for engine intake Dual Racor primary filter/water separator Deluxe engine panel recessed in cockpit with tach, hour meter and gauges Single level side mounted transmission and throttle control Bronze seawater strainer and ball valve through hulls Aqua-Lift engine muffler with anti-siphon system Removable (if needed) aluminum fuel tanks Engine oil exchanging system custom to Valiant Yachts for engine and genset Engine remote oil filter for ease of changing Upgraded Belmar 100 Amp engine alternator with smart regulator
- Broker's Comments
- As you can see from reviewing this listing, Valiant Yachts are built of the highest standards and are well known for sailing in comfort and safety. If you are in the market for an exceptional sailing yacht, do not pass by TENACITY. The owner’s plans dictate the sale. Recent in the water survey available for serious Buyers. FINANCING, INSURANCE and DELIVERY information available through the Listing Broker.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES