- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This Hatteras 53 Classic was owned by a very good friend. He spent four years ( approx 2500hours) plus over $150,000 to get to stage one. At this point he purchased a larger yacht and another friend purchased her and did the finish. This cost was approx $170,000. Look at the rest of the listing to see some of what was done to her. There is way too much to put all down here. Total costs for 2009 – 2010 redo were over $350,000.
I can tell you that when you see Maggie Mae you will be very impressed and I bet you will want to own Maggie Mae.
MAGGIE MAE IS A TOTAL REMODEL & ONE OF A KIND
- First 4 Years
- Maggie Mae a 53ft Classic that was in the remodel stage for 4+ years She has Detroit diesel 871TI with approx 1500 hours The engine room is totally redone and painted All new hoses Some custom work in the engine room All new air conditioners and hoses and wiring (2007-2009) Brand new Vetus Bow Thruster (2009) Rebuilt pumps in all the heads (2010) Onan 15kw Genset New (2010) Total Custom Enclosure for Aft Salon with A/C and opening windows Helm Station on Flybridge has been moved forward All Custom Salon Total Custom redo (2009-2010) Look at Photos Flybridge Forward to Aft Totally Redone (2007-2010) Custom Hardtop on Flybridge Boat painted Pure White from top to bottom (2007) All Windows Replaced Frameless Custom (2007) Definitly a ONE OF A KIND HATTERAS Over 2500 man hours and lots of money spent on HER by past owner
- Main Salon
- Total remodel from frame in Look at photos All new (2010)
- Entire galley removed and new galley built with all new high end appliances including trash compactor Look at those photos and know better in person
- Master Stateroom
- All the way aft, through a privacy door (you’ll notice that this 53 offers a lot of privacy), in the Owner’s area. The stateroom is full-beam and the main feature is the queen-sized berth (water tank underneath) with a full entertainment center built in. The soft goods are in excellent condition. Natural light/ventilation comes from four opening port lights plus the two escape hatches in the transom, all of which have privacy drapes. There is overhead lighting as well and the overhead vinyl is the white perforated type which was replaced recently. The portside chest of drawers abuts a lighted makeup vanity with parson’s chair. The forward portion of the stateroom has two a bi-folding door behind which is a hanging locker with automatic light. Completely remodeled with marble counters, high gloss wood. The ensuite head is identical to the guest head. Overall, the arrangement of the master stateroom shows brand new with excellent storage, and proves very livable by today’s standards.
- Guest Staterooms
- Entry through a privacy door from the passageway just aft of the engine rooms. There are twin berths, with upholstered headboards and drawers under, separated by a night table with lamp. There is an overhead light plus a bullet light over each berth. A large mirror on the bulkhead reflects light from the two opening port lights w/ privacy drapes. A separate A/C control will be welcomed by guests, as well as a roomy hanging locker, outboard storage lockers. Across the hall from the stateroom is the guest head. Entry through a privacy door reveals a cheery light, bright room with a white granite vanity, white porcelain sink, nautical flag motif wallpaper, opening port light w/ drapery, Raritan Crown), medicine cabinet w/ mirrors, beige vinyl sole, separate shower stall (with a seat) with it’s own port light, an exhaust blower, fluorescent lighting. Hatteras has always excelled in the layout of a proper head and this one is a good example.
- Accessed from the aft deck hatch/ladder, this flybridge features a unique layout as it has been extended. This flybridge as the rest of Maggie Mae has been totally remodeled. The helm station has been moved forward for better visibility and easier functions with all new electronics (2009). All this and more with so much room for entertaining. The fly bridge sides are the modern ‘cut-down’ style for better visibility. Railings are all stainless steel and she has a Custom Hard Top new in 2008. There are locker doors accessing the console which are extra large to make this area easy to work in. The Plexiglas spray shield is new in 2008. This Flybridge has been a total redo, just one look at the photos and you can see all the time and work that went into making her the most functional Flybridge on any 53 Hatteras. The Helm Station is moved forward for more visibility and easier functions with all new electronics (2009). The Flybridge has been extended for more entertaining room. The addition of the Custom Hardtop gives plenty of shade. $50,000 in new electronics. Check those photos out
- Electronics & Helm
- 2009-2011 New 16000 BTU A/C- New 12000 BTU Self contained A/C New 7000 BTU A/C 2010 Maytag Full Sized Front Loader Washer/Dryer New Stainless Steel Double Sink Galley New Convection Oven/Microwave New Black Stovetop 5 Flat Screen TVs $50,000 in New Electronics
- Aft Deck
- The original Hatteras factory sales brochure calls this area “a veritable oasis”. This Aft Deck is one of the nicest features on “Maggie Mae” since the last owner did a partial remodel for 4 years until 2009. This aft deck is air-conditioned for your comfort. She has custom windows all around and custom built in seating with storage. She has a built in wet bar, sink, icemaker, refrigerator and flatscreen TV. This covered aft deck is arguably the most important part of the boat: whether at the dock or at anchor, or during a slow cruise, this is the spot to relax with a drink and some friends to just watch the scenery. The oversized custom built rear windows open out for fresh air, and the wing doors which also allow access to the foredeck. The finishing touches for the next year make’s this area one the most remarkable areas on Maggie Mae. This Aft Deck is a must see as the photos will never do her justice.
- Broker's Comments
- ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT WE COULD NOT PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING AS IT WOULD BE TWICE AS LONG. PLEASE READ AND LOOK AT ALL THE PHOTOS. THEN WHEN YOU COME PREVIEW HER YOU WILL SEE THAT MAGGIE MAE IS EVEN BETTER IN PERSON.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- FOR MORE QUALITY LISTINGS - Please Click Here