"Orion the Hunter's" keel was laid in 1990 and like most custom built boats it took until July 10th, 1992, for actual delivery. This can be verified with Huckins at their yard in Jacksonville. She has 680 hours SMOH. The owner has spent over $220,000.00 in upgrades over the past year; $150,000.00 on maintenance, engine room, bottom, etc.; $40,000.00 spent on interior decor; and $30,000.00 replacing the cockpit teak. Orion shows spectacular and will fly through a rigid survey. This vessel is every custom boat buyer's dream.
Huge price reduction as of August 5th, 2008, as the owner, like so many people, is fed up with the South Florida hoopla and the mood surrounding the boating industry. He plainly wants out.
- Sleeps 6 in 3 staterooms.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Beneath the surface, the 70' Huckins is constructed of a lightweight Airex core, a technique Huckins has perfected and used since 1975; she's engineered for maximum structural strength. The famous Huckins quadraconic hull has outstanding sea-keeping qualities permitting both a soft and dry ride. Additionally, the time honored hull configuration offers an exceptionally stable fishing platform even in rough waters. "Orion The Hunter" is a spacious three stateroom vessel with a centerline queen forward. The guest stateroom has two full size beds with lamp and table between. To port and aft is the third stateroom with plenty of cabinets which are equipped with slides on most and one unique cabinet with a slide that will hold pots & pans. The interior is light and airy with Pickled Ash and Bird's Eye Maple on all woodwork giving this vessel the feel of being much larger than her 70'.
- Master Stateroom
- The Master Stateroom features a centerline queen berth with multiple drawers, settee, large cedar lined closet and barrel chair to port. The entrance to the Master Head is forward featuring head, shower and tub. The entertainment center to port has a 19" color TV with VCR, satellite controls for the Bang & Olufsen surround sound and TV controls. Ample drawer space of Ash and Bird's Eye Maple are located beneath the entertainment center. The cedar lined hanging closet is to port and there is a large bookshelf surrounding the queen berth.
- The Salon features the following amenities: Large L-shaped sofa; several occasional chairs; cocktail table; abundant counter space; storage cabinets; Entertainment Center to port w/ master controls for stereo, TV, VCR and Bank & Olufsen surround system.
- Guest Stateroom
- Moving aft through the hallway, a large linen closet is to port with a hall entrance to the Guest Head starboard. A Guest Stateroom is located aft from the aforementioned head and features (2) twin beds with lamp and table between, a large hanging locker and private entrance to the Guest Head.
- Guest Stateroom 2
- The third stateroom is located aft and to the port side. This stateroom features upper/lower berths, hanging locker and ensuite head with full shower and head.
- The Dinette Area, located across from the Galley, features room for (6) large adults at a semi-circle bench and table. The forward mirrored bulkhead features AC/DC master panel w/ system monitors and VHF and SSB radio. Insta Hot Water GE dishwasher Amana side-by-side refrigerator/freezer Jenn-Aire 4 burner stove Convection oven Microwave oven Electric GJ2455 dumb waiter to flybridge Double stainless steel sink Abundant cabinet & counter space Wunderbar drink dispenser Garbage disposal Grill Scottsman commercial icemaker
- Deck Equipment
- Fortress 90 anchor Ideal Go-3 electric windlass Marquipt 1500 electric dinghy davits Hydraulic/electric windshield washer & wiper Coast Guard Safety Package Swim ladder Swim platform Aft deck curtains Personal flotation devices Winter covers Fenders w/ lines Transom door Navigation lights Bow pulpit w/ rails Electric controlled search light Freshwater & saltwater wash down system Spreader lights Awlgrip hull paint - top side Avon 8 man life raft - serviced 2005
- The oversized cockpit provides plenty of space to work in. The action area has been designed to include 20 cu. ft. refrigerated fish box, circulating live bait well, gaff storage, and wide transom door. She also contains the usual gear: fighting chair, outriggers, rod holders and halogen flood lights.
- (2) 12 volt 100 amp battery chargers for electronics DDEC system going to 4 house batteries and (1) back up for generators only Dual cable master power cord retractors 110/220 volt AC electrical system 12 volt DC electrical system (2) 30 kw Northern Lights generators - runs on 1 battery bank Automatic/manual battery charger (4) new batteries Dockside electrical cables Dockside telephone Dockside television
- New flat panel chart navigation New GPS 15 kw antenna Furuno 72 mile radar Furuno 291 color Furuno fish finder Northstar 941X GPS/Loran New Northstar 951 New flat panel chart navigation laser plotter ACR remote controlled 100 spotlight ACR remote controlled 50 spotlight (2) ICOM M800 SSB radios Standard hailer Standard VHF (aft & flybridge) Datamarine speed indicator Datamarine depth indicator Robertson rudder angle indicator Robertson autopilot Danforth Constellation compass Full controls DDEC controls
- Computerized electronic engine governing system (D-DEC) optimizes control of critical engine operations. D-DEC eliminates tune-ups, reduces fuel consumption, optimizes combustion, reduces acceleration smoke, and eliminates an external synchronizer. It also improves performance through faster response to propeller load variations. Main control station features compact CRT unit that displays constant readouts of all vital functions. If any malfunction occurs, the CRT provides instruction for the helmsman to follow. The engine room offers 6'4" headroom and wide center aisle for easy checking of dipsticks, switches and batteries. 16V92DDEC w/ updated computers & displays Air start engines (2) Air compressors (2) Air expansion tanks Emergency generator driven bilge pump Air seps on main engines DDEC interface module (2) Racor 900 per engine (1) Racor 500 per generator (2) Refrigeration compressor for back deck refrigerator/freezer (2) AC pumps (2) Fresh water pumps Complete engine & generator control panels AC compressors Sea Recovery 500 g/p/d water maker Washer & Dryer K-Way bar system & tool storage Engine synchronizers 74000 btu Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioner Automatic halon fire control system Engine temperature alarm Freshwater cooling system (2) Bilge blowers-110AC - 1 in/1 out Lube oil transfer system Emergency engine stop (2) spare props Fuel filters Raw water sea strainers Engine fuel shut-off valve Cockpit hydraulic steering system Automatic/manual bilge pumps Bridge hydraulic steering system Acoustical thermal insulation
- Fishing Equipment
- (1) Fighting chair Bait freezer Fish box Cockpit sink Live fish well Rod holders Rupp outriggers
- New carpet throughout in 2005 along with new linens, shams, etc. in all staterooms.
- "Orion the Hunter's" keel was laid in 1990 and like most custom built boats it took until July 10th, 1992, for actual delivery. This can be verified with Huckins at their yard in Jacksonville. She has 680 hours SMOH. The owner has spent over $220,000.00 in upgrades over the past year; $150,000.00 on maintenance, engine room, bottom, etc.; $40,000.00 spent on interior decor; and $30,000.00 replacing the cockpit teak. Orion shows spectacular and will fly through a rigid survey. This vessel is every custom boat buyer's dream. Huge price reduction as of August 5th, 2008, as the owner, like so many people, is fed up with the South Florida hoopla and the mood surrounding the boating industry. He plainly wants out.
- Owner's personal items.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.