- 78 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
VIEW VIRTUAL TOURS at https://yachtprofile.com/ypm78t
HOOLIGAN V is one of the few 78 Marlow Explorers to be built with Caterpillar C18 diesels.
- When one steps aboard HOOLIGAN V , they immediately get the impression of being on a much larger vessel. This is due in part to a 20+’ beam and innovative design. The aft deck is larger than what you would typically find on a 100 footer, and integrates smartly with the extended swim platform. Entering the main salon, one will immediately become impressed with the ambiance and feeling of spaciousness due in part to her excellent sight lines, large windows, and limited separation between the salon and galley/wheelhouse. It’s hard to believe that you’re on a 78 footer with generous side decks. The owner’s stateroom is located midship on the lower deck, positioned forward of the engine room, near center where the beam is the greatest. This provides the owner the most spacious and comfortable cabin of any vessel in HOOLIGAN V’s size range. His and Her baths are located aft of the stateroom. It should be noted that aft of the owner’s accommodations, are the fuel tanks in the forward section of the engine room which greatly reduces sound levels. The VIP stateroom is located all the way forward. The second guest stateroom is located between the Master and VIP on the port side. Each of the two guest staterooms have their own private heads with stall showers. Crew’s quarters are all the way aft, accessed from a companionway on the aft deck. This provides excellent segregation between the owner, their guests, and the crew. The flybridge deck and oversized hard top affords all on board a great place to enjoy their surroundings. We encourage your personal inspection of this very special vessel. We strongly feel that it will exceed your expectations.
- Sharp Carousel microwave oven Braun trash compactor Krups coffee maker Kitchen Aid 3 hp stainless steel in sink macerator Sub-Zero 700 BR 4-drawer refrigerator Sub-Zero open door freezer Approximately 20-gallon electric (240V) hot water heater
- Raymarine ST60 digital depth meter at flybridge Raymarine ST60 speed log at flybridge Raymarine ST60 at pilothouse Raymarine ST 60 speed/log at pilothouse Simrad AP 25 autopilot with 2 stations (2) Northstar 6000I's at helm at pilothouse (2) Northstar 6000I's at helm on flybridge, one is not operational Interphase sonar at lower helm Interphase color twin scope with forward looking sonar (3) Station intercom on board SEA 157 VHF radio telephone at pilothouse KVH Trac phone at lower helm
- Uniden ES VHF at flybridge with distress mode 100-watt AM/FM/CD stereo at flybridge Sharp 15" flat screen TV at forward cabin Sharp Carousel microwave oven at crew's room Sharp flat screen TV at port side guest room Bose surround sound system DVD player at master stateroom Sony AM/FM/CD player at master stateroom Sony AM/FM/cassette deck at lower helm with 10-disc CD player Sony AM/FM/CD player at port side guest room Sony AM/FM/CD player at forward cabin Panasonic flat screen TV at port side guest room ASKO T701 Independent clothes washer and dryer between cabins
- Twin Caterpillar diesel engines at 1001 BHP, each at 2300 RPM's. Hours: 1,516.70 starboard and 1,517.80 port. ZF 550A Exhaust silencer, molded fiberglass Racor twin 1000 fuel filters, manifolded together each engine and Racor 500's also manifolded to each gen set Naiad stabilzers Bow and stern thrusters Engine Room air conditioning 5-Blade bronze right and left hand props, 38" Stainless steel propeller shafts, 3" diameter Twin spade type and stainless steel rudders (6) 24-volt DC automatic bilge pumps
- Newmar PT70A battery charger Newmar PT24-40 battery charger Newmar 32-15-50 DC converter Trace 120-amp Max inverter charger (2) Northern Lights 25 kW generators. Hours: 1,320 port and 1,285 starboard Wiring is thermoplastic and stranded copper wire
- Safety and Fire Protection
- (5) Kidde BC dry chemical portable fire extinguishers throughout vessel Halon 1301 "Fire-Boy" located at aft engine room to starboard Fire alarms in cabins
- Novurania inflatable hard bottom dinghy HIN PKD15349J405 Yamaha 60 hp outboard, 2005 1600 lb. stainless steel low profile dinghy davit
- Fittings and Equipment
- Remote operated station at aft deck cable connected with bow and system thruster controls Shore water hook-up for dock side use, fore and aft Cable Master In-Out Haul systems to shore power at bow, port and starboard Fresh and salt water wash down at starboard bow Fresh water wash down at flybridge, starboard under sink/grill Wet bar on flybridge complete with Miele electric grill and refrigerator to starboard Chilled water A/C system Wine cooler "L" shaped bench seating at flybridge, aft of helm with tear drop fixed tables, port and starboard Twin Stidd help chairs on flybridge Chart area port side of help station with see-through glass cabinet Fiberglass hardtop over flybridge Reverso oil change system at engine room Matrix 800 GDP water maker at engine room Lube oil reserve tank at port side engine room aft VacuFlush toilets Sony "VEGA Engine" large flat screen TV in main salon Bose surround sound system in main salon
- Broker Comments
- We have always been a fan of Marlow Yachts and in particular, the 78 Marlow Explorer. HOOLIGAN V is one of the best examples of this highly successful model. While there is little variation in the fit and finish of the Marlows that we have inspected, I feel that HOOLIGAN V’s standard of finish exceeds the norm. The teak interior on the main deck is exquisite. The lower deck accommodations are finished off in a soothing light maple, which gives the illusion of more volume than there actually is and contrasts beautifully from the teak on the main deck. The soles on both decks are teak with inlaid holly. HOOLIGAN V is one of the few 78 Marlow Explorers to be built with Caterpillar C18 diesels. These smaller engines are perfectly suited for the owners that choose to cruise in the more economical speed ranges. Furthermore, their smaller size affords far more space in the engine room to access the machinery. The Marlow 78 uniquely combines the special features of an offshore trawler with the speeds and versatility of a contemporary motoryacht. They afford their owners and guests an exceptionally, beautifully crafted interior, magnificent styling, with economical, and reliable offshore capability.
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.