- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Outboard 4 Stroke
- Engine Hours
One Owner! Never chartered!!
Ready for the Great Loop, Bahamas and beyond!!!
This is possibly the finest live aboard layout this broker has seen.
There is lots of storage space and hanging lockers. She is laid out with the cruising couple in mind with great guest quarters,
bright and airy with excellent ventilation.
Superior construction techniques from the aero space industry were
used throughout the vessel.
Her interior is spacious and offers all the comforts of much larger boats. The interior finish is simple beauty.
THIS IS A MUST SEE BOAT !!!
- A word about the builder
- Cat House was built by Kit-Cats and Custom Cats MI, Inc., a subsidiary of Aerocomp Inc. Their expertise in light weight composite construction for the Aero Space industry is the foundation on which this boat was built. She is built of triaxial and multi-axial E-glass with Kevlar used in critical areas. The core material is Nida-core. Iso-Ortho resin blends were used to create a strong layup. Vinylester resin was used under the water line. The bottom was then barrier coated with multiple coats of epoxy. There are eight separate water tight compartments with collision bulkheads to prevent sinking. Not to mention that the Nida-core material is a positive buoyancy product.
- A word about the boat
- Cat House has had only one owner. She was custom built for this very knowledgeable couple and then factory modified as the finish product evolved. They have sailed the Keys and east coast of Florida, the Okeechobee waterway and the length of the St. Johns River. Then it was off on The Great Loop! Their trip included the inside passages of New Jersey (very shallow) and the Chicago River (very low bridge) and the Trent-Severn Canal. The trip of close to 6,000 miles was completed with an average of 2.9 miles per gallon.
- Accommodations / Overview
- Salon entry is a centerline acrylic sliding door with a separate screen door. The galley is to port and navigation table to starboard. There is a long settee forward. The port hull offers an aft cabin with a combo Washer Dryer, Desk and storage lockers. Moving forward there is a head with vanity and sink, and a separate shower stall. The forward cabin is part of the master stateroom with lots of closets, cabinets, drawers and dressing area. The starboard hull has a queen berth guest cabin aft, a head with separate shower and then the forward cabin with additional sink, and storage. As with the port forward cabin the starboard is part of the master. This design offers a cavernous master with a full queen mattress and there is room to make it a king. Lots of book storage and more hanging space than you’ll find in a much larger vessel. Sole is high quality vinyl or carpet. Headliners are vinyl over plywood. Cabinets are white birch with satin finish and contrasting trim.
- Salon / Dinette
- Large panoramic windows for 360% views (5 Sliding, 4 Fixed). Curtains for all windows. Opening hatch at centerline in windshield with screens. (2) Opening overhead hatches, with screens. Settee with storage under (converts to 92” x 62” berth). Dining table (can be moved to cockpit). Entertainment center to port facing settee. (2) 12VDC Guest fans. (2) Overhead lights. (2) Reading lights. (4) Bose speakers. (2) Stereo systems (1 interior; 1 exterior). Entertainment center with 37” flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Large U-shaped galley to port. “Starboard” counter tops. Lift up trash bin in counter with side cabinet door for removal. Lots of storage and pantry areas. Large pan storage locker. Dual stainless steel sinks. European style single lever faucet with sprayer and soap dispenser. Kenwood water filtration system. Seaward Princess two burner cook top. Seaward propane solenoid control. Norcold 120VAC/propane two door refrigerator/freezer. Kenmore microwave/convection oven. (4) Ceiling lights (1 red). (3) Spot lights over sinks. (4) 120VAC outlets with GFCI protection. (1) 12VDC outlet. Smoke and CO2 alarms .
- Owner's Stateroom
- Master can be entered through either forward cabin. Fore to aft queen berth on centerline (room for a king mattress). Night tables at head of bed. Lots of book shelves. (4) Opening hatches with screens. (2) 12VDC Guest fans. (2) Opening port lights each side. (2) Reading lights. Red courtesy lights. 120VAC GFCI receptacle. Reverse cycle heat and air conditioning. Vanity with sink to starboard. (2) Very large hanging lockers . Large shelved cabinets. (2) Large cubby hole cabinets. Dressing settees port and starboard. Master can easily be converted to two queen berth rooms.
- Master and Guest Head
- Separate shower stall with glass enclosure and door. Hand shower with single lever control. Manual toilets with integral holding tank. Vanity with sink. Medicine cabinet with mirrored door. (2) Overhead lights. (2) Opening port with screen. (2) Opening overhead hatches with screens. 120VAC outlet with GFCI. 12VDC outlet. Fiberglass sole with non-skid pattern. Electric shower drain system. Toilets flush to holding tanks and can be evacuated via macerator pump or deck plate.
- Starboard Aft Guest Cabin
- Double berth with 6” foam mattress. Storage under. (1) Hanging locker. Large cubby cabinet. (2) Opening port lights with screens. (1) Opening Hatch with screen. (1) Guest fan. (1) Overhead light. (2) Reading lights. Reverse cycle heat and air conditioning.
- Port Aft Cabin
- Splendide 2000E washer and dryer combination. Desk with shelves above and below (set up for computer). Large cabinet with security safe built in. (1) Large storage locker. (1) Cubby hole locker. Super large hatch in aft bulkhead into cockpit. (1) 12VDC guest fan. Overhead and desk lighting. Overhead hatch with screen. Opening port with screen. Reverse cycle heat and air conditioning. 120VAC outlet.
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot control. Si-Tex Colormax 11 Chart plotter/GPS with depth finder. Raymarine DSC VHF radio. Ritchie Navigator compass. Full engine gauges with alarms. Electronic TV antenna with booster.
- Honda portable 3KW gasoline generator (mounted in dedicated locker in aft cockpit locker. (2) AGM 105 Amp Hour 31 series house batteries (12/2008). (2) Lead/acid engine start batteries (4/2011-11/2010). (2) 40Amp alternators. Xantrex 3kw inverter with 125amp three stage smart charger. (1) 30Amp 120vac inlet. (1) 50Amp 120VAC inlet. (1) 30Amp 50 foot electrical cable. (1) 50Amp to 30 amp adaptor. (1) 120VAC Blue Sea electrical panel with 2 master breaker a 9 branch breakers. (1) 12VDC Blue Sea panel with 22 branch breakers and battery voltage monitor. Blue Sea battery management panel with crossover solenoid control. 120VAC outlets throughout vessel with GFCI in appropriate places.
- (2) Shurflo fresh water pump systems with accumulator tanks. 11 Gallon 120VAC water heater. (2) 55 Gallon plastic water tanks. Cockpit hot and cold shower. (2) 11 gallon holding tank with deck and macerator pump out systems.
- Deck Equipment and Features
- (6) Large foredeck lockers with drains to overboard. Heavy duty full length rub rails. (11) Stainless steel cleats. (7) Reinforced plastic cleats. 1 ¼” Welded Stainless steel bow and side rails. Fore and aft fold-up boarding ladders. Quick 1000 electric anchor windlass with deck and remote helm controls. Dual stainless steel bow rollers. (2) Stainless steel chain stoppers. 44 Lb Claw anchor with chain and rode. 35 Lb Delta anchor with chain and rode. Fortress 23 spare anchor (on stern). (2) Specially reinforced cleats for hurricane bridal. Hurricane bridal. Aqua-Jet deck wash. (6) Large fenders. Smoke alarms. CO2 alarms. Propane control solenoid. Running lights. Anchor light. PFD’s. (10) Stainless steel hand rails. (6) Bilge pumps. Fire extinguishers.
- Cockpit and Deck Features
- Very large floor area. Side seats with storage lockers. Walk through transom to swim platform. Propane locker. Full hardtop covers all of cockpit and aft side decks. Dinghy davit off hardtop. Generator locker in aft cockpit bulkhead. Serving bar. (2) Overhead lights. (2) Cockpit speakers. Steps up to fly bridge.
- Twin Todd pedestal helm seats mounted on fiberglass pod. Full helm station to starboard with controls and navigation gear. Large U-shaped settee with custom cushions. Cocktail table with storage below. Full bimini with full enclosure. U-Zip opening panels in enclosure. Access to hardtop. Mast on hinged tabernacle allows lowering the mast easily. Wet bar sink and counter.
- Mechanical and Engine Details.
- (2) 140 HP Suzuki four stroke gasoline outboard engines (1080 hrs). (2) Stainless steel. Remote fuel filters. Single lever Suzuki engine controls. (1) 106 kbtu Marine Air reverse cycle heat and air conditioning systems. Second A/C system has been removed but all plumbing, electrical and ducting is intact. Full engine control panels (with gauges). Dinghy engine mount.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Jerry Wheeler - Central Listing Agent - 830-377-7463