“Short Bus” is the highest standard of a true blue water cruising vessel. She has solid fiberglass construction to Lloyds 100 A1 Standard....it does not get any better than that! Her interior is spacious and upgraded and has plenty of storage for long passages. She is a Transatlantic and Trans Pacific veteran. These vessels are rarely ever found on the USA market and have an absolute cult following in the United Kingdom. This is only one of a very few built with a highly desirable centerboard. "Short Bus" is currently in the water only 15 minutes from our office. If you have a desire to safely and swiftly cross oceans and do worldwide cruising "Short Bus" is your vessel.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Starting forward is the spacious private "V" berth. Just aft of this stateroom is a large head with shower to port. The companionway has two double hanging lockers to starboard. Moving aft the main salon has a large "L" shaped settee to port with a short single settee to starboard. The galley is aft to starboard and has plenty of counter work space. A very proper navigation center is located to port of the companionway. She has tons of storage in lockers, bins and drawers.
- Main Salon
- The main salon is spacious and comfortable. A large L-shaped settee is to port and a single settee to Starboard. A drop table is located to port. Ventilation is provided by two overhead hatches and portals. The Teak and Holley sole gives a very rich look to finish off this wonderful area. Excellent storage 12 V lighting
- The Galley is located aft and to starboard in the main salon. The custom counter has plenty of work space for meal preparation. Plenty of storage is provided for dry goods, cooking utensils and silver ware. Highly-insulated ice box with excellent refrigeration. Single S/S Deep Sink 2 Burner Propane Stove Hot & Cold Pressure Water Cutting Board
- Master Stateroom & Head
- Forward is the master stateroom with a large V-Berth with filler. The head is located in the companionway and has a vanity with sink and shower. Excellent storage Opening hatch Privacy door Manual toilet Hot and cold pressure water Shower
- Deck & Rigging
- Designed by Holman & Pye and built to Lloyds 100A1 standards, “Short Bus” is a rock solid, true blue water yacht. She is Sloop-rigged and has a Teak cockpit with glass non-skid decks, lifting center plate keel, wheel steering and emergency tiller. Manual windlass Electric windlass CQR anchor with chain and Rhode Mainsail with cover Genoa Working Genoa
- AC/DC electrical panel 30 Amp shore power 2 x 27 group batteries AC/DC Power inverter Solar panel
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- “Short Bus” has a very clean engine and engine compartment which is located mid ships and slightly to port and is home to her economical 20 HP Volvo diesel. Volvo MD 11 C 20 HP diesel Manual and electric bilge pumps Fresh water pump Hot water heater
- Broker's Comments
- What an extremely well built vessel! Beautiful lines and old world craftsmanship. The owner says she sails like a dream and with the board down goes to wind "like a banshee"!
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.