- 70 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Detroit 12-71 TIC-5 Covington
- Number of Engines
Nice Reduction And Priced Well Below Its Far Above Average Condition
This Hatteras is unique among her sister ships and only one of a few custom built models known as a “Lauderdale Lady” design. A white colored model, she has an LOA of 74’. Wide-beam and expansive salon with a very long list of amenities, well designed lay-out of the staterooms.....perfect for charters or entertaining, or like this owner who enjoyed it as a live aboard and long range cruiser. This boat can be managed by 2 people as has been the case with the current owner and his “first mate”.
This 74’ LOA Hatteras has no equals …owner has priced this Yacht to make it super attractive for the next owner to acquire a vessel that has all its mechanical and many cosmetic upgrades.
There are several Hatteras boats available in the 70’ class at all price levels and in various conditions. Many will require substantial investment at time of purchase either mechanically, cosmetically or structurally. The current market prices of a 70+ ‘Hatteras show a wide disparity from one boat to the next, and are a direct reflection of what was done in updating the vessels over time of ownership (more expensive), and what is needed today (less expensive) to make it sea worthy. Few if any are in great shape and are hard to find….THAT IS…. until you have boarded this owner loved Hatteras.
In this 4 Stateroom, 4 heads model the owners have invested heavily to make this boat the showpiece for what an up to date Hatteras should be. There is no better represented 70’ model produced between 1988 and 1998 than this one. This is a Factory Hatteras Cockpit Motor Yacht and not an add-on or stretch. The owner is constantly looking to make it stand tall and installed new carpet February, 2013.
One of only a very few custom built models referred to as LAUDERDALE LADY, whose customization upgrades added $250,000 to its price, and added features discussed in more detail within the specifications. They include many extras not found on any other Hatteras and even features a Hydraulic fold down mast to accommodate a maximum 20’ height among other significant and unique options.
Every area of this boat has had an upgrade starting with a total SMOH on the 12-71-TIC-5 (Detroit Diesels upgraded to Covington Power 905HP engines ). In the process of the overhaul only original new manufactured parts were used. The expert service from Gary Hardcastle was involved in the upgrades.
Hatteras white paint makes this boat a stand out visually and flawlessly, with its teak accents professionally refinished and in new condition. Featuring a stainless Spiral staircase, renovated floors, designer fabrics, massive owner stateroom, and impressive and unique to this boat in terms of size is the VIP Stateroom, marble floors in the heads, granite tables, upgraded electronics, new AC systems (8 total) throughout, 7 televisions, new cockpit freezer, and a very long list of improvements which makes this boat stand out. There are recent new fabrics on the flybridge seating in addition to a recent enclosure upgrade.
This boat shows no wear indicating its age….exceptionally nice is the consensus…. and that’s why she is unique among all Hatteras boats available.
She is a long haul vessel with added fuel capacity, superior stabilizers (go ahead and cruise at 10 knots for a 11 gallon fuel efficiency total, these stabilizers will keep her steady), and a 600 gallon water maker. For the serious Hatteras buyer she is a "must see" to be appreciated there will be no disappointment once on board!
- Main Salon New Carpet 2013 Step aft and enter the spacious main salon that will astound any knowledgeable Hatteras buyer for its one of a kind and unique layout thanks to the Lauderdale Lady upgrade . Fully updated with new blinds (featured throughout the boat) new valances, plush carpeting, and elegant comfortable furnishings. This salon with a large Bar to starboard features the interior designers clever use of glass, mirror, leather bar trim and designer fabrics to give the boat both elegance and at the same time cozy relaxed comfortable warm atmosphere. The bar features a U-line wine cooler, sink and ample cabinet space for your entire bar supplies. The bar cabinetry has a secondary function to holding the entertainment electronics including 42” flat screen TV, new Yamaha music system and DVD player, surround sound and multiple speakers for a rich listening experience. There are multiple speakers and controls to manage sound throughout the entire boat. The furnishings have all been updated in the refurbishment of this boat and consist of two elegant yet comfortable couches and chairs with end tables that will entertain the owner and several of his guests. There are several tastefully designed lamps and soft goods. The centerpiece of that seating area is a designer black on clear Plexiglas table that can be raised from a traditional coffee table height to cocktail table. Important to mention the headliner in the salon was replaced with ultra suede material with very few seams, giving the salon a more elegant elongated profile. A center rear door access from the salon to the cockpit is another special feature of this particular Hatteras and again seamlessly integrated between the designer fabrics, valances and mirrors that make the door more a part of the furnishings and less the naked stand out look of a doorway. Every detail has been thought well through Dining Area To port is an unusual wrap around custom glass dining table that is cleverly and seamlessly integrated into the rear stairwell leading to the staterooms below the main deck. The combination of the two serves as an art piece in addition to its functionality. This table is a conversation piece and features an excellent intimate dining experience for 6. This again is a one of a kind style dining piece only found in the LAUDERDALE LADY upgrade and unique only to this Hatteras. There are strategically placed mirror walls which add to the beauty and spaciousness of the salon and dining area. The flying bridge is spectacular and very impressive with a full canvas cover from windshield to the rear couch. This is so nice because it makes the fly bridge usable even on the hottest days because you are under cover at all times. If you prefer to allow sun exposure, the top is removable. She has a refrigerator with a wet bar and counter at the base of the signal mast with four bar stools mounted. The water supply to the flying bridge has an in-line water filter. A separate refrigerator and icemaker are on the bridge. There are two helm seats in front of the steering console. There is seating aft for 10 to 12 people on fiberglass benches that wrap around in a U-shape. These all have good storage space as well. Guest Accommodations There are four staterooms and four ensuite heads, all of which have been part of the refurbishment of the past 4 years and are tastefully decorated with new warm tone accents and valances, elegant designer fabrics and much more. Inclusive in the upgrades were marble flooring in the heads, new carpet, drapes, bedspreads, lighting, custom made mahogany access floor hatches (to the generator room and AC units) that are integrated within the seams of the carpet for easy access and a nice designer touch. IMPORTANT!!! There are 8 AC units on board this boat which have been updated. Each stateroom has its own dedicated AC control for maximum comfort of its owners and guests. Forward Guest Stateroom (Captains Stateroom) Found forward of the Pilot house and via a curved stairwell below and is appointed with designer fabrics valances and Upper/ lower berths Flat screen TV A/C controls Cedar lined hanging locker Ample drawers and storage Bow access hatch for ample light **ENSUITE HEAD** Granite counter and marble floor Stall shower w/ seat Cabinetry and stor Lower Dinette/Office The lower dinette to starboard converts to sleep two. Updated drapes and beautiful teak wood in this FWD area in particular. With built in Color TV and WIFI connections as well as cable TV access throughout the boat via a KVH satellite station. The owner has made this area a very functional office. Guest Stateroom - Mid FWD Opposite the Dinette office with new fabrics, fine teak wood work and an ensuite head Upper and lower crossed twin berths Cedar lined hanging locker Ample drawers and storage reading lights air conditioning controls **ENSUITE HEAD** Spacious vanity and sink Stall shower w/ seat Cabinetry mirrors and storage Guest Stateroom VIP Mid Aft Three steps down from the Dinette and set to port finds this very large full width VIP suite part of the Lauderdale Lady upgrade: Large settee to port in matching fabric Queen size berth Lamps and night stand Ample storage Television The large guest head is across to starboard and offers full enclosed shower, plenty of storage, contrasting white Vanity with black sink marble floor and Galley Maid head. Master Stateroom New Carpet 2013 Full beam spacious and nicely appointed aft master stateroom that can be accessed through a private stairway with walk in Cedar Master closet and abundant storage in many drawers and the and a well appointed Ensuite head. Large built in seating area to port tastefully decorated with high end designer fabrics and accents and as in the rest of this boat there are new valances, window shades and much more. Nightstands are place on either side of the berth with matching lamps. This truly is a wonderful owners Master suite and larger than many Yachts of this size. Custom 13” mattress with pillow top from A.J. Schrader of West Palm Beach. Walk around King size bed **ENSUITE HEAD** Full length mirrored wall throughout Private and comfortable large tub shower Hidden Refrigerator Marble floors Large opening port lights on side and aft bulkhead Vanity with storage and mirrors Walk in Cedar lined closet with safe
- Aft of the pilothouse, with stainless steel appliances, which include a new side by side stainless refrigerator with entertainment center, 2 microwave ovens, one is a state of the art Panasonic Inverter Microwave. A large dining settee with black on white granite topped dinette to starboard that will accommodate several guests. The galley is well laid out with spacious countertops and storage, for the long voyages and any entertainment needs.. Appliances feature dishwasher, trash compactor, Jenn Air 5 burner glass cook-top, Jenn Air grill, double stainless sink and a hidden lighting center to control the lighting and ambiance of that section of the boat. The wood floor throughout the galley and Pilot house is simply remarkable and shows a very professional high standard refinish. Granite dinette table In-line water filter on flybridge and in Galley GE Dishwasher, stainless steel (new 2007) Side by side stainless steel refrigerator/ freezer (new 2007 Double stainless sink Jenn Air Five Burner Glass Cook top Garbage disposal Panasonic Inverter Convection Oven Blender & Food Processor Coffee Maker Whirlpool Trash compactor Jenn Air Grill in Galley Washer & Dryer (new 2007)
- Flybridge The flying bridge is completely under cover with a new enclosure covering all the seating areas and designer fabrics in a spacious yet cozy entertainment and lounging area that has been tastefully decorated. This flybridge is the center of outdoor entertaining with enough seating to accommodate 10-15 guests and a helm seat for the Captain and favorite mate. With refrigerator, icemaker and wet bar, and several bar stools it completes the intimate center piece of the bridge. There is a filtered water supply to the bridge as well. You can watch your favorite game on the Flatscreen TV or E120 while underway Pilot House As you enter through the main deck at the pilothouse that features port and starboard wing doors, a large Captains and Mate custom made leather settee and unique one of a kind stainless steel circular staircase to the bridge as part of the Lauderdale Lady upgrade .. The pilot house offers full electronics and a printer station as well. Stainless 66 lb Lewmar Anchor in Bow Pulpit on Roller with 250 ft. of chain 2 nd Anchor – easily accessible and powder coated, has 250 ft, or more of Rhode Electric windlass with deck switches 2 deck boxes on foredeck with covers Wash down system - freshwater Dock lines, fenders and boat hook Bow Rail & Teak handrails, professionally maintained and as new and covered Boarding ladder with mounts, port and starboard, and quick releases Tide- Ride ladder with railing & quick releases Swim ladder Swim platform Transom lights Transom door & gate to swim platform Low profile davit for tender Radar mast-can be lowered hydraulically Deck lights – spreader lights – courtesy lights for evening ambiance cockpit coaming pads Spray rails on hull forward Complete set of designer cushions for all seats 4 rod holders Life ring throw line under stair case Ship’s bell
- Pilothouse Raymarine E120 GPS Chart plotter, depth sounder ,fish finder ( 2007) Foruno Radar – 72 mile color Speed and distance log (E120) VHF radio Simrad Autopilot (new) Intercom throughout the boat Compass Rudder position indicator (Simrad) Raymarine wind indicator custom wireless printer Fly Bridge Raymarine E120 ,sounder, Simrad autopilot Flat screen TV Low profile Davit 6 man Life Raft, Compass, Throw Ring, Flares VHF radio Speed and distance log (E120) Furuno Radar – 48 mile, color Hailer with new horn FM Stereo and Tape Player (2) Helm seats Rudder position indicator ( Simrad) Enclosure ( new)
- Additional Information
- There are many upgrades that are too numerous to mention here but include the following among others. Where many sister ships require a substantial investment to make them state of the art this owner has kept his check book open and completed the work from Bow to Stern Factory cockpit not usual for this style boat and not an add on 6 new AC Units total of 8 (an upgrade) Rebuild SMOH includes complete engines upper and lower that includes new turbos, injectors, blowers, cylinders, heads ORIGINAL factory new parts. An engine update of this caliber costs excess of $120,000…That sets this boat apart from other boats as the mechanics are turnkey as is the rest of the vessel. The new owner will have no investment in updating the vessel 600 gallon per day water maker was also recently updated Electronics were updated including autopilot 7 TV possibilities with KVH 5 sat system Painted stunning HATTERAS WHITE New flybridge enclosure (2011) New designer fabric upgrades on the Flybridge (2011) New wiper motors (2011) New SMX AC digital controls in Master Total fabric refit in Interior between 2007 and today All teak flooring professionally refinished (2007) All teak outside professionally redone Windows that showed signs of wear have been replaced New Davit Motor Freezer in cockpit (2011) Added Mahogany floor hatches New 8D Batteries ( 10/2011) Stabilizers are not the standard NIAD but heavy duty Sea Brace for an awesome ride in heavy seas Fuel burn at 10 knots = 11 Gallons total not each side The list goes on but we will stop here…..the condition of this Hatteras can be compared to a 10 year newer vessel Lauderdale Lady Package: We know only 2 Hatteras 68 Vessels that had the factory upgrade pioneered by the Fort Lauderdale Hatteras dealer of the time called “”Lauderdale Lady” That at was an upgrade of substantial value of approximately $250,000, and it makes the interior and other sections of the boat totally unique to any Hatteras out there. The Lauderdale Lady package made this 68’ the sister ship to the 70’ and should be compared accordingly to that vessel when considering the purchase, there is no equal on the market. Included in the Lauderdale Lady to mention a few items are: Extended factory deck that shows in more interior space Circular Stainless steel staircase to the bridge Curved Stairwell from salon to master stateroom Hydraulic fold down mast Designer Curved Glass dining area that wraps around the circular staircase Large Bar to starboard Center rear door to cockpit Expansive full width VIP stateroom 8 AC units 200 gallon additional fuel capacity for long voyages Covington upgraded engine package at 905 HP Built in safe and hidden refrigerator in owners stateroom all cedar walk in Master closet There is much more but the bottom line she is a superbly upgraded Hatteras and anything a buyer looks at will not be the same…this is the only boat available in the market with this above feature.
- Engines & Mechanical
- Detroit Diesel 12V71TIC-5 (motors built by Covington at Hatteras factory and upgraded to 905HP) Twin x 905/ HP Port (3225) 1100 hours SMOH Starboard (3407) 434 hours SMOH Stabilizers - built by Sea Brace (with heavy duty steering boxes) Emergency engine stops Watermaker 600 GPD (completely rebuilt with new membranes 2011) Fuel Filters Fire control system Fuel shut – off valves at pilothouse Fuel Management system Oil transfer system 4 Bilge pumps Raw water sea strainers Water filtration system Engine synchronizers by Glendenning Alternator Fire extinguisher system Engine temperature alarm Oil temperature alarm Water temperature alarm Fuel prime pump Bilge blowers Water tank level gauge Engine room sound insulation Water heater
- Office Manager
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.