- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Don't let the age of this boat fool you! She was one of 24 produced by Intercontinental Trimarans in NC and she is still a beauty. The current owner has owned her for over 18 years and has kept her in great shape. She has had many of her features updated and improved including the engine. She is equipped with a genset, air conditioning, new Raymarine A57D chartplotter, watermaker and more.
Let's talk about her construction. The hull was professionally hand laid-up moulded glass with end balsa core for lightness. She was built before the oil embargo of 1974 when many manufacturers cheapened their mix resulting in the blisters of more recent boats. The owner had a core sample, but doesn't think he has it anymore - he tells me "it was substantial!" Also, the fact that she is almost 40 years old and still doesn't show any signs of structural weakness is good evidence of her sound construction and quality materials.
Room to sleep 6 easily and since she is a trimaran, she can entertain a lot more than that when you have your friends over.
Shallow 3'2" draft makes her a perfect Bahamas boat.
Call today and start cruising tomorrow!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Displacement: 9700
- Total Power: 36HP
- Fuel: 18 Fresh Water: 26 Holding: yes
- Very spacious cockpit (with easy engine access in cockpit) full leatherette cushions. New canvas and eisenglass enclosure (2010) w/stainless steel frame, so cockpit is fully enclosed offering great all-around visibility for the captain. Cockpit enclosures roll up easily and can be removed. Rear sunscreen for cockpit. A large wooden,folding table attaches to the front of the helm and can be stowed under the helm seating area. Entering the salon down the companionway, the galley is first with the propane stove on port and new Isotherm refrigerator on starboard. Going forward, a settee is on port and a seat on starboard with the dining table forward of the seat. When folded up, can seat 4 people easily. Two full size berths mirror each other in the outboard hulls and are above the settee and seat. There is storage under the port settee. Forward of the salon is the head which has an electric Jabsco head. Forward of this compartment in the bow is a very nice storage area. Back outside, aft of the cockpit, the center hull has another small berth with an insert to convert into a double berth or offer great storage. Headroom in salon is 72", headroom in head is 70". Berths measure 47" X 78" on both sides. The clearance above the berths is 24" near center and slopes down to 18" on the outer sides. The cockpit has 54" headroom with the bimini up. Pompanette Mark 1 Series 10K BTU Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning (2010) w/electronic control panel New Ivory leatherette interior upholstery New cockpit cushions Memory foam mattress on port berth Fresh water foot pump in head Jabsco electric flush head (w/backup hand pump) (2010) Holding tank w/dedicated macerator and deck pump out 17" Trutech LCD TV w/dvd player & Shakespeare TV/FM antenna (2010) Sony AM/FM/CD w/MP3 input and Sirius radio (2008) Isotemp 4.2 Gal Water heater 110Vac and engine recurculated (2008) (7) Upgraded Lewmar opening ports w/awnings (2010) Cockpit shower (hot & cold)
- Hilde 3 burner propane stove/oven (2) 20 lbs. propane tanks Isotherm Cruise 85 3.7 cu ft coldplate refrigerator 12Vdc/ 110Vac w/smart controller (New 2010) Engel 35 Portable 110Vac/12Vdc freezer Stainless steel sink w/tap miser Emerson .7 cu ft Microwave Magma gas grill PUR 12Vdc RO Power Survivor Watermaker (30 gpd) Pressurized fresh hot and cold water Salt water foot pump at sink
- New Raymarine A57D Chartplotter w/SR50 Sirius weather (subscription required) B744 bronze transducer (2009) Raymarine ST6002 Wheelpilot Autopilot (2010) Uniden Oceanus VHF w/DSC Uniden WHAM portable Mic Standard Horizon DS35 Depth Instrument w/forward and aft bronze transducers Bios Weather Center 3" Richie Helm compass
- 30 Amp shorepower service (1) 132W Kyocera Solar panel w/Sunsaver controller & adj. angle mount (2010) (2) 6Vdc deep cycle house batteries (135min@75 amp) (2010) (1) 12Vdc group 24 starting battery(2010) Xantrex Link Lite Battery Monitor (2010) 2 kW Yamaha Genset (runs on either propane or gasoline) in watertight box (2010) Freedom HF 1000W Inverter/Charger (2009) (5) high water alarms (2) automatic bilge pumps (4) manual bilge pumps Masthead tri-color/anchor/strobe Running sidelights, foredeck light, steaming light
- Deck and Hull
- As with all multihulls, there is tons of room. Each of the outboard hulls have spacious lockers which are great for sails and all of other gear we need to go sailing. Being a trimaran, she does have a keel on the center hull which protects the centerline rudder and engine prop. All lines are lead aft to the cockpit which makes the boat a breeze to handle if you are single or short handed. Outboard motor hoist and mount Cabin top and decks painted w/Awlgrip two years ago According to the last survey in 2/2008, the hull is molded, cored laminate of fiberglass reinforce plastic (FRP) further reinforced with bulkheads and other transverse and longitudinal members bonded to the hull structure. Hull finish is painted white. The deck is molded, cored FRP laminate and painted.
- Engine & Mechanical
- The owner replaced the original engine in 1993 with a 37HP Yanmar which now has 2100 hours on her. Cruise speed is 7 kts. @2100 RPM, using 3/4 gph. New engine mounts in 2010. PSS Dripless stuffing box I" shaft 14" 3-blade Michigan fixed prop CDI 3-blade feathering prop 2-blade Martec folding prop
- Sails & rigging
- Main was replaced in 1994. New Tides Strong battens, teflon sail track and batten cars added 2010 for ease of raising. Stores in a new Sunbrella stack pack w/lazy jacks. Two jibs, (1) 120 and (1) working jib. Both operate on Hood roller furling (2008). Garhauer E-Z Glide adjustable genoa car system (2008). Full spinaker. All standing rigging replaced in 2008. Safety: Life Sling Overboard Rescue System (2010) MOB Pole Life jackets (4) Fire extinguishers Fortress FX23 w/30' chain, 180' 9/16 nylon rode (2009) Danforth 25# w/5' chain & 1/2" nylon rode (2009)
- // Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook Click here to search for more Multihulls! Financing available at 4.9% Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax!
- Brokers Comments
- You won't believe that this boat is a 1968. The owner has taken great care in upgrading and maintaining this boat. She is currently in the Bahamas where they having a great time. This boat appears to be ready to leave the dock tomorrow to return. If you're looking for a shallow draft trimaran, make sure to see this one. Exclusions: Dingy and outboard Personal items This boat was last surveyed in January 2011. Surveyor's comments were as follows (he also surveyed her in 2009): "This is a well outfitted example of this model that exhibits ample evidence throughout of responsible care and upkeep. The overall condition appears well above average for a fourty year old sailing auxiliary in active service in the harsh, saltwater, Florida environment. At fourty years of age, many of the systems have been changed or updated. The Yanmar diesel is a later model replacement with only 2100 hours of recorded service, the mast was modified under parameters established by O.H. Rogers, a respected Tampa Bay area navel architect. During this haulout and re-fit period at Salt Creek Boat Works: the hull was being painted by Johnny Armstrong and the mast had been removed for inspection, evaluation and replacements as needed of rigging by SSMR rigging services while the vessel was hauled."