- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Click here for the Virtual Tour! http://360.sc/NQEJUIQ
This is not your father's Kadey Krogen. This fast trawler has something for everyone in this model! For the trawler buyer, this model has the efficiency at hull speeds (2MPG at 9.5 knots) but her 440HP Yanmars have the capability to plane to speeds up to 20-21 knots. At 17 knots the yacht is still very efficient, only burning around 27 GPH, all the while maintaining a vibration free environment with her aqua drive shaft accessory. Lovingly owned by her first owner who completed the great loop and several other cruising destinations.
Loaded with equipment like a 2.5kW Trace Inverter, new house bank batteries, bow thruster, KVH Satellite TV, cablemaster GE stack washer and dryer, Dinghy with 25hp Yamaha and much more.
Legendary naval architect James S. Krogen and his son Kurt designed and styled the Krogen Express line of classic performance cruisers to deliver on their tradition of superior form and function. LOOSE STONES was originally commissioned as the Company's showboat and is richly decorated consistent with that mission.
This is an extremely rare opportunity to own a gorgeous, pre-enjoyed Krogen Express 52' for over $700k less than a new one. With classic Flag Blue hullsides and many upgrades, this distinctive pilothouse motoryacht will carry you in style to the destinations of your dreams. Beautifully appointed and immaculately maintained, she's turn-key and absolutely cruise ready. This is the only pre-enjoyed KE52' on the market and, because she's priced to sell, she won't be available for long.
$100,000 price drop. Owner says SELL!
- Boarding a Krogen Express couldn't be easier with a large transom door and wide boarding gates on either side of the spacious, covered cockpit. Ample storage for lines, fenders, cleaning supplies, and more is provided by the cavernous lazarette below. Entering the saloon through double, watertight aluminum doors, her owners are treated to an inviting cherry wood interior. Along with her sumptuous joinery, old world craftsmanship is obvious with the quality of her appointments and overall fit and finish. Legendary Krogen livability is evidenced by the large side windows and generous headroom along with the integral galley-up design. Inviting Stressless recliners to port and an L-settee to starboard are perfectly situated for enjoying the built-in 26" Dynex LCD TV and Sony home theater system. To port is generous additional underdeck storage and a built-in bookcase featuring fiddled shelves and still more lockers. Large covered aft deck with three boarding points Generous lazarette provides ample storage Galley up layout Double watertight aluminum doors Large opening windows and port lights with screens Surprising headroom stem to stern Thoughtful storage throughout
- Located to starboard, the comfortable L-shaped settee has storage beneath and a nice end table forward. The hi-lo table has leaves that fold out for expanded seating capacity and can be moved outside for dining al fresco. The settee is covered in soothing, light green fabric while tropical print window treatments provide privacy and protection from the sun. Storage below the L-settee Hi-lo table Sony 5.1 home theater system Dynex 26" LCD TV House battery bank, inverter/charger, and cable drum in laz below salon
- Hull Design
- Designed by James Krogen, the KE52 combines classic, timeless style with exceptional seakeeping and efficiency. Her plumb stem, raised bow, and broad beam forward allow her to slice through the waves with ease while providing surprising space in her accommodations. Her low profile allows her to get under bridges as low as 15' and with a draft of just 4', she'll take you places most 50 footers won't. Her semi-displacement hull delivers trawler efficiency at displacement speeds with true cruise capabilities in the mid-to-upper teens. And her generous keel provides stability and protection for her twin 26x26 propellers. Semi-displacement hull allows efficient operation at trawler speeds along with mid-to-upper teen cruise speeds Plumb stem provides for a long waterline and exceptional volume below decks Lengthy keel protects the props and adds stability 26x26 bronze 4-blade props 4' water draft Hard height of less than 15'
- The gourmet galley is located up where her chef can always be part of the action. She's well equipped for meal preparation with a 3-burner, Force 10 propane range, 14 cu. ft. refrigerator, GE convection microwave oven, and deep Elkay sink with pullout sprayer faucet. Neutral Corian counter tops are easy to maintain and will complement any decor, and the raised section is ideal for serving the crew. Traditional round port lights provides ventilation while abundant storage ensures a good home can be found for all provisions. Beneath the starboard side bookcase, the U-line ice maker frees up space in the ice box and ensures drinks will be well chilled. Galley up layout Force 10, 3-burner propane range 14 cu. ft. GE refrigerator w/ cherrywood overlays GE convection microwave oven Elkay stainless steel sink Pullout sprayer faucent Corian countertops U-line ice maker
- The centerline helm console in the raised pilothouse is equipped with a full complement of navigational electronics, all within easy reach of the fine Ultraleather Stidd helm chair. Precise Mathers Micro-Commander controls allow smooth control of the 440hp Yanmars while her rudders are guided by a custom, handcrafted cherry helm wheel. Top of the line Simrad electronics occupy the helm. The Simrad AP20 auto pilot delivers accurate hands free steering while a dedicated depth display adds redundancy. The Uniden VHF ensures good communication with other vessels. A Garmin 152 mounted overhead serves as a backup chartplotter and provides GPS and data logging capabilities. Two large chart drawers and a wide, lighted table to starboard allow for easy storage and use of paper charts. An ABT bow thruster assures comfortable close quarters handling. Controls for the dual trumpet Kahlenberg horns, intermittent Exalto wiper/washer system, Maxwell windlass, and Bennett trim tabs are all close at hand. Centerline helm with hi-back Ultraleather Stidd chair Custom cherry helm wheel Simrad CX44 10" color radar chartplotter Simrad AP20 autopilot with remote Uniden 525 VHF radio Simrad IS15 depth display Garmin 152 backup GPS chartplotter Kahlenberg dual note horns with auto-whistle control panel Chart drawers and table to starboard
- Pilothouse Settee
- The pilothouse watch berth is elevated for optimal forward visibility, long enough for naps underway, and converts to a 3/4 double berth to accommodate overnight guests. A table provides a convenient work surface and the wall mounted lamp to starboard makes this an ideal location to retire with a good book. Above the settee, a color coordinated half hull model showcases her elegant lines and makes for interesting conversation. Beneath the settee are several small lockers for equipment storage. High quality, weathertight Dutch doors lead directly to the wide side decks while stairs to the port side of the settee provide easy access to the flybridge. Textilene screens for all pilothouse windows provide sun protection. Proper watch berth is elevated for visibility and long enough for sleeping Half hull model Textilene screens for all PH windows Lockers beneath settee Weathertight Dutch doors provide access to both side decks Inside access to flybridge
- Guest Stateroom/Den
- An L-settee that converts to a double berth highlights the flexible nature of the guest stateroom, while the Pullman berth provides additional sleeping capacity. Located inboard is a large desk with drawers. A deep hanging locker and huge drawers under the settee provide ample storage. Two port lights and a screened hatch overhead make the GSR light and airy. A full head is located across the companionway. Flexible office/den/stateroom layout Settee converts to double berth Pullman berth Desk with four drawers 3 brass reading lamps Hanging locker Large drawers below settee Screened overhead hatch and two port lights AC and other systems located below GE washer/dryer in adjacent companionway
- Master Stateroom
- A true queen island berth is the centerpiece of the master stateroom. With over 7' of headroom and light provided by 4 ports and a large deck hatch, the MSR feels surprisingly generous for a motoryacht this size. Hanging lockers on both sides, 6 deep drawers under the berth, and a dresser with drawers and shelved storage ensure her owners have ample room for their belongings. A look beneath the berth reveals additional cavernous storage and provides access to the dedicated battery bank for the bow thruster and windlass. The ensuite head features a molded fiberglass shower stall with a seat, Vacuflush head, and Corian countertops. Centerline standard queen island berth Over 7' headroom Screened overhead hatch and 4 portlights 2 reading lamps 6 deep drawers beneath berth Ensuite full head has molded shower with seat Large dresser with drawers and shelved storage Hanging lockers (2) on both port and starboard Additional small lockers and cubbies at hullsides Storage beneath berth and access to bow thruster and dedicated battery bank
- Flybridge & Boat Deck
- While her pilothouse is fully capable, most Krogen Express owners prefer operating their vessels up top where they can better experience her cruising capabilities. Conversations are easy as little engine noise makes its way up here, leaving only the soothing sounds of sea breezes and ocean waves with which to compete. A frameless venturi windscreen deflects air above the captain sitting in the comfortable, raised centerline Pompanette helm chair. Navigation support includes a Simrad 10" color radar chartplotter, a large Danforth compass, and a dedicated Uniden VHF radio. Controls for the bow thruster, trim tabs, and windlass are close at hand. The 4' open radar array and satellite TV dome are mounted on an aluminum spar-style mast that can be lowered when needed. Shaded by a Navy Blue Sunbrella bimini top, the L-settee with Yellow and White cushions provides ample seating for crew and guests and contains storage beneath for the extensive canvas package. Situated aft of the settee, the open boat deck easily accommodates two folding deck chairs and serves as access to the 11' Avon luxury tender. This is the ideal place to enjoy a cup of morning coffee or catch a beautiful evening sunset. The dinghy, with a raised console and seating for 4, is powered by a 25 hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboard and launched with the electric Nautical Structures davit. Centerline helm and deluxe Pompanette helm chair Simrad DX44 10" color radar chartplotter Uniden 525 VHF radio Electronics mast folds for bridge clearance Boat deck with large dock box for storage Nautical Structures electric crane 11' Avon320DL tender w/ 25 hp Yamaha Ditch bag
- Engine Room & Systems
- An exceptional stand up engine room houses a pair of 440 hp Yanmar diesels which can be easily accessed all around. The engines are fired by dedicated 8D starting batteries and drive through matched ZF transmissions. Vibration is kept to a minimum with the standard Aqua-Drive systems. The 12kw Northern Lights genset sits on the centerline and has its own starting battery, isolated from the others to ensure she starts every time. A Reverso fluid changing system is connected to both engines, both transmissions, and the genset to improve serviceability, while a fuel transfer pump makes equalizing the tanks a breeze. As with the water tanks, diesel fuel levels can be easily assessed with convenient sight tubes. An automatic fire suppression system, freshwater washdown, and storage for tools and supplies above and alongside the water tanks are additional features welcomed by her owners. Located in a separate spacious bilge area, away from the heat of the engine room, are the three CruiseAir reverse-cycle A/C systems. In the same compartment is a 20 gallon hot water heater which is supplemented with heat from the main engines. Beneath the salon, a Trace 2500w inverter/charger, 960Ah house battery bank, and Cablemaster drum storage are also easily accessed. Twin 440 hp Yanmar 6-cyl diesels with ZF transmissions Approximately 2500 hours on mains Northern Lights 12 kw genset - 332 hours at listing Tides dripless shaft seals 220V and 12V engine room blowers Fuel transfer pump Freshwater washdown in engine room Reverso oil changer for engines, gears, and generator Trace SW2512 2500 watt inverter/120 amp charger Newmar 40 amp charger for start batteries Dedicated start batteries for main engines and genset (new 2012) 960 Ah house battery bank (new 2012) Dedicated battery bank for windlass and bow thruster ABT 12 hp, 24V bow thruster Exalto electric wiper/washer system KVH M3 satellite TV system Shakespeare over-the-air antenna Cable TV inlet jacks in cockpit and forward Freshwater outlets on foredeck and in cockpit Torrid 20 gallon electric water heater with heat exchanger 3 Cruise Air reverse cycle air conditioners Groco Paragon Senior freshwater pump GE stacked washer/dryer. Dryer is 220V and vented Cablemaster with wireless remote drives 75' 50 amp shorepower cord 2nd 50 amp connection forward Maxell 2200 windlass with foot controls plus controls at both helm stations 33 lb. aluminum Spade anchor 2nd Danforth anchor mounted to starboard Freeman weathertight deck hatch for anchor locker Collision bulkhead forward of MSR Full abandon ship kit with handheld watermaker, VHF radio, epirb, rations, and more Kahlenberg dual trumpet air horns with control panel Hot/cold freshwater shower in transom Magma stainless steel propane grill mounted on flybrdige rail
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click here for the virtual tour!