- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- QSC 8.3
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The KNOT SLOW IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST UPDATED AND CUSTOMIZED 48’ Ocean Super Sport. I have known this boat since it was nearly new having visited the boat yard and observed during the time of the customization. The boat received custom appointments when it was a year or so old at LOST RIVER MARINE, a fine Yacht Yard with a terrific reputation.
The changes gave the boat a very distinctive custom look making it unlike any of the other 166, 48’ Ocean Super Sport built, a very popular boat. The sides of the deck house; aft end, were made more flowing, the flybridge deck was extended giving ample room to walk around the helm seats with custom aluminum hardtop supports and flybridge rail package including overhead grab rails, the flybridge ladder (originally landed in the cockpit interfering with the cockpit units) was moved to the inboard end of the cockpit unit and angled up to a useable larger flybridge access, a real (thicker/wider) teak toe rail and pulpit was installed, additional grab rails Transom door gate remove with transom reconstructed.
Over the years this boat has had a succession of good owners that have continued making it BETTER! Other uncommon features are; a real (thicker) teak transom, real teak covering boats (thicker) and a fiberglass cockpit sole. The current owner purchased the boat in 2007 and repowered it in 2008 with Cummins QSC 8.3 engines which made it into a vastly different boat…Faster, more economical, smoother, quieter, and smoke free! This is a fabulous 48’ Custom Ocean Yacht!
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The KNOT SLOW has one of the “standard” 2-stateroom, 2-head, galley down arrangements. All the way forward is the master stateroom w/walk around bed with private head and shower. Just aft on the left side is a guest stateroom with twin bunks and access to the guest/day head. Across is the galley. Moving aft up 4-steps to the saloon featuring a breakfast bar with 2 stools above the galley, 2-swivel club chairs, a large “L” shaped sofa upholstered in leather, a wet bar & ice maker. The “trade mark” Ocean teak paneling and joinery is found throughout. Teak parquet sole in galley & heads – refinished in 2010; much of the headliner is new since 2010.
- Main Salon
- Carpet Wood Blinds & Custom Lambrequins Leather sofa- storage under 2-swivel club chairs Wet bar & ice maker Custom installed Flat Screen TV Entertainment components
- Princess 3-burner stove w/oven GE microwave oven Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer Instant hot water tap Clothes washer/dryer Exhaust Fan 110v AC & 12v DC Water System Garbage Disposal Water Gauge Teak Parquet Sole
- Hull & Deck
- Distinctive Pale Grey hull finish White rub rail up Custom teak bow pulpit w/anchor roller & windlass w/capstan 3-anchors; 35# Plow; 25# Plow; Grapple Hook Newer FB windshield – thicker material than original Factory Hardtop w/custom alum. tube supports 3-side EZ2CY enclosure – very nice condition Custom Aluminum rail package; flybridge rail includes hardtop supports, FB ladder, low profile bow rail, strategically placed hand holds (replaced stainless steel) 2 – Pompanette teak ladder back helm chairs w/covers FB console cover New 2012 Remote controlled spotlight Cockpit mooring cover Custom fiberglass cockpit sole – 2004 Custom teak covering boards – much thicker stock – compare to original Coaming pads Under gunnel lockers P & S Custom teak transom – much thicker stock – compared to original Ring buoy w/line Cockpit table – mounts on fighting chair pedestal Foredeck sun pads Step box Armstrong boarding ladder Deckhouse side windows removed and resealed 2010
- Fishing Equipment
- Rupp 2x Outriggers W/Collapsible Back Supports Rupp Center Rigger Pompanette Fighting Chair W/Cover Live Well – In Deck Chilled Fish Box – In Deck FB Locking Rod Lockers Custom Transom Door – Gate Removed Reinforcing Transom & Providing Improve Crew Safety Cockpit Tackle Drawers – 2 Stacks Cockpit Freezer-New 2005 Bait Prep Sink Cockpit Engine Controls 6- Flybridge Rail Rod Holder 4- Gunnel Mount Rod Holder
- Electronics & Helm
- New 2012 Garmin GPS/Plotter 740 touch screen Garmin GPS/Plotter 4212 – 2008 - updated 2012 Simrad AP 200- updated by manufacturer 2012 Furuno FCV 292 Fish Finder Furuno Nav Net 64 mi radar – GPS/Plotter – Navionics Media Icom IC-M502 VHF New 2012 Furuno Digital Fathometer – Large Font Display Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF w/DSC – saloon New 2012 McMurdo 406 GPS EPIRB – battery expires 3/2015 Dytek surface water temperature gauge Satellite TV – new receiver 2011 Stereo Tuner/amp/CD/DVD
- 110vac/240vac & 12vdc systems 240vac shore power connection Cable master shore power cord reel Dedicated generator battery w/disconnect switch 12Kw Northern Lights generator (upgraded from original) w/1487 original hrs. 11/12 Charles 40amp battery charger/converter 2-8D battery
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The Awl Grip painted engine room is accessed via a hatch just inside saloon door. Cummins QSC 8.3 electronic controlled installed new May 2008; under 400hrs 11/12 Cummins electronic bridge engine displays Engine synchronizers ZF transmissions 1.5:1 Engine room sound insulation – new ‘08 New exhaust system ‘08 New block heaters Walker Air Seps Racor fuel filters; mains & generator Oil Change system Engine room lights Fire suppression system –needs inspection Flybridge/cockpit Hynautic engine controls (new 2005) Hydraulic steering – converted to pressurized system new hydraulic hoses 2010 Spare shaft Bilge blowers – thermostatically controlled 2-spare propellers SK Water Maker-pickled ’07- not used since – 3-bilge pumps + sump pump – bilge alarms/lights Galley Maid electric holding tank head systems; ’08 new & rebuilt pump, dockside & overboard discharge 2-Unit reverse cycle AC, 1 – unit new 2012 other unit new 2008 Central Vacuum System
- Broker's Comments
- The KNOT SLOW is a special one of a kind 48’ Ocean Yachts. The boat is clean and comfortable. The ride is fabulous; fast (when compared to original power), quiet, smooth, smoke free and economical. The KNOT SLOW is a timeless design made more so by all of the custom work and updates. The owner will consider all offers….
- Current owner hauls boat every 4 months to clean bottom, thru hull intakes and check zincs.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- To link to a video of "KNOT SLOW" - Please Click Here