- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
VALHALLA has what a lot of sailors are looking for in a 42’ cruising yacht: Great looks, great maintenance, updated electronics, electric stoway mast, electric winches, new sails and the terrific value of a quality, pedigree builder.
- VALHALLA has only had three owners and is a keel and centerboard Stoway sloop set-up for shorthanded sailing. She sleeps seven in her reverse-cycle, air-conditioned Dinette layout with Nav Station, has many custom features and has been continually upgraded. She has many custom features such as: Additional overhead clearance Two additional dorade ventilators Generator Additional Espar heater Dual GPS and dual Chart plotters Burglar alarm Recent Improvements - include new 2012 Hood main and genoa sails.
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Green Awlgrip topsides - with clear Awlgrip topcoat White house and deck, with Cloud Grey nonskid molded into deck Gold Leaf cove stripe and hail White Boot Stripe Red Bottom Construction: Hand laid fiberglass deck and hull: Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight and deleted and reinforced in all high stress areas. Integrated mast step and engine mounts form a single unit that is strong and light. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio. Deck is set in a 6” flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place. Shoal draft keel with fiberglass centerboard with bronze leading edge Centerboard is operated from the cockpit with pennant and winch. Draft: 5’- board up, 9’1”- board down Marelon thru-hulls, bronze seacocks and plugs for seacocks Guard rail - Teak and stainless steel guard rail at sheer Deck Features: Polished stainless steel stemhead with integral mooring chocks; bow roller chock Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern pulpit, with teak step stern boarding ladder incorporated Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port and starboard gates (4) Four cowl vents in dorade boxes topped in white plexiglass-top, with flush cowl vent closures. Cowl vent interiors repainted red in 2012. Custom large cowl chain locker ventilator (2) Large cabin top hatches with white plexiglass hatch covers and screens Bow ventilator and (2) two opening ports Deck hardware includes springline cleats Varnished teak exterior trim including handrails 12-volt watertight outlet in forward dorade
- Large comfortable T-shaped cockpit is well laid-out for large crew or shorthanded sailing with a pair of #32 Barient electric winches within reach of helmsman and additional pair forward for use by crew. The cockpit dodger provides protection and visibility unobscured from the helm. Varnished teak-lined interior cockpit coaming and cap White Sunbrella dodger (new 2011) – has front and side windows and stainless steel elkhide covered grab rail. Two Cockpit awnings (one is Sunbrella, other is Weblon) - both zip to dodger and provide additional protection from the sun and foul weather elements respectively. Cockpit cushions Stereo speakers Sailing instruments - in vanished teak box above companionway Raymarine RL80C Chart Plotter and Radar - with custom mounts for Nav Station and under cockpit dodger, port side Easily viewed engine gauges are cockpit well flush-mounted The sail locker, lazarette and cockpit locker with stainless steel line hangers and shelves built-in offer far more storage area than normally found on much larger boats. 12-volt watertight outlet Hot and cold deck shower Manual bilge pump Two propane bottles (new 2008) – in stbd helmsman seat locker Entec generator – port sail locker - in stainless steel sound enclosure (see electrical section) Espar diesel heater - port sail locker Binnacle wheel steering features: Stainless steel 44” steering wheel with an elkhide covered rim. Stainless steel binnacle guard Engine controls, including kill-switch Ritchie 6” compass - binnacle mounted, with chrome cover Cockpit table – Varnished teak folding table - binnacle mounted Mug rack – binnacle mounted Icom HM-157B Remote VHF Command Mic II Raymarine RL70C Chart Plotter and Radar at Helm with custom SS binnacle guard
- Helm & Navigation Electronics
- Autohelm ST7002 Plus and fully-functional spare Autohelm 6000 Autopilot control heads - with updated course computer and rudder position indicator Magnavox GPS with separate GPS antenna - Nav Station Icom IC-M602 with GPS and Distress Calling VHF/FM Icom HM-157B Remote VHF Command Mic II - in the cockpit Raymarine 4-kw Raydome - backstay Questus mounted Raymarine differential DGPS Antenna on Questus Raymarine RL80C Chart Plotter and Radar - with custom mounts at both Nav Station and under the cockpit dodger on port side locations Raymarine RL70C Chart Plotter and Radar at Helm with custom SS binnacle guard Raymarine Navigator Pad - Nav Station Raymarine NEMA interface for computer connection - Nav Station DatamarineWindspeed/Wind Direction Datamarine Speed & Log Datamarine AWX Wind Expander Datamarine Depthsounder
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- VALHALLA sleeps 7 in two cabins. Cockpit companionway, windows and opening ports and hatches provide natural light and ventilation. The interior is satin-varnished mahogany, with white overhead. The teak and holly cabin sole is satin urethane varnish. Varnished teak handrails throughout the interior Port and starboard handrails at companionway. Interior cushions are finished in Green fabric. Curtains throughout. Opening port in the head. Access to the forward partitioned chain locker. Interior lighting throughout is by Ocean Frigast fixtures and additional dome light Fans Interior comfort is maintained by: Espar D3L diesel heater – with outlets in forward cabin, main cabin and head Reverse-cycle Lunaire heat/air conditioning. Interior Walk-through: Access is from the cockpit, down a companionway ladder that can be stored up and out of the way. The companionway enters the aft Main Cabin with the Galley, Quarterberth, Nav Station and Salon. Galley – aft to port Aft Quarterberth - aft starboard Nav Station – Next starboard forward Main Salon – with Dinette to port and entertainment center starboard Private Head – next forward to port Forward Owner’s Stateroom Entertainment electronics: Kenwood MVP619 Stereo and CD with (2) ADS interior speakers and two exterior speakers (for the cockpit) Forward Cabin: Starting forward, the Owner Stateroom has: V-berth forward – berths are custom 4” longer from standard Insert to form a double berth. Seat between the V-berths Drawer storage is available in drawers below the berths and in lockers above the berths. Bureau Hanging locker Opening hatch to the foredeck has a screen Private entry to the head area Separate access forward to the forepeak – forepeak has shelves Head: The Head is next aft to port, finished with white Formica bulkheads There is entry from the Main Cabin and from the Forward Stateroom: Corian countertop with molded sink Pressure hot & cold water and manual hand pump. Wilcox-Crittenden head – to NEW 2010 20 gallon rigid Sealand holding tank with Y-valve Movable shower head with curtain and teak sole grate Linen lockers Stainless steel grab rails/towel bars Mirror Exhaust fan One opening port Custom dorade box for ventilation – has a reversing fan and a manual vent opening Main Salon : To port is a U-shaped Dinette with a drop-leaf dining table and U-shaped surround cushioned seating. The center seat can slide inboard with cushion to create an extra double berth. There is custom liquor storage in the dining table. There are two louvered door storage lockers over outboard. Custom dorade box for ventilation Starboard are a transom berth with a pilot berth outboard. There are additional drawers under the berth. Forward is cedar-lined hanging locker, across from the head. After the hanging locker is a small bureau with locker over outboard, before the berths Custom dorade boxes for ventilation (2) places Navigation Station The Nav Station is aft of the Main Salon and faces forward on the starboard side: Full-size opening nav table with storage drawers (one locking). There is a cushioned nav seat – that opens for storage Complete instrumentation mounted in custom cabinetry. Electrical panel Chart light Computer connection Aft Quarterberth - This area is aft to starboard, outboard the companionway: Single berth - that has been extended 8” Ample storage in closed lockers over berths. outboard hanging locker inboard Bureau shelf with hot water heater beneath One opening port Galley: Aft to port is the U-shaped Galley with an oiled teak countertop. Force 10 propane stove with broiler and oven with Marinetics switch, gimbaled in stainless steel enclosure Large double, stainless steel sink Pressure hot and cold water with manual back-up hand pump Grunert AR-50 refrigeration and freezer with eutectic plates - with factory compressor overhaul and upgrade to R409 Drop-leaf counter inboard Fold-down trash bin Storage for dishes and silverware Glass rack and mug rack Knife rack Spice rack
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Hinckley built, aluminum, Stoway, double spreader mast – painted gray Awlgrip. Stainless steel rod rigging with turnbuckle tensioners Harken Seafurl on headstay Hall Quickvang Insulated backstay Harken/Barbarossa backstay tensioning device Stainless steel genoa tracks Stainless steel storm trysail track with additional halyard 2 nd jib halyard hardware and inner forestay gear Full spinnaker gear with pole, track, etc. All Harken blocks New jib sheets (2013) Winches: (2) Barient #32 ST 2-speed electric primaries - cockpit (2) Barient #32 ST secondaries - cockpit (2) Barient #24 STC - main sheet and main outhaul under dodger (2) Barient #24 S – inner forestay and spinnaker halyards (1) Barient #24 – Jib Halyard Lewmar single-speed wire - Main Halyard Winch handles Sails: Main - Hood, Stoway (2012) Genoa - Hood, vectran (2012) Main – North, Stoway 9.0 oz Jib – North, 9.5 oz 135% Genoa – North, full hoist with foam luff pad – white sun cover Inner Forestaysail - North Storm Jib – North, International orange Storm Trysail – North, International orange Asymmetrical Spinnaker – Doyle, with sock
- Separate 12-Volt Systems for starting and accessories: Engine Start Battery: Lifeline AGM deep-cycle 4D Group 27 battery (2010) with 53-amp charging alternator Accessories Batteries: (4) Lifeline 6-volt AGM deep-cycle batteries (in series) (2008), total 450-amp/hrs battery capacity with 105-amp/hr charging alternator Two alternators: 65-amp starting, 105-amp lighting Emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries 110-Volt System: 110-Volt shore power system 40-amp Converter with (7) 110-volt outlets Xantrex XC5012 Battery Charger - 50-amp/12-volt Shore cord: 50-ft x 30-amp shore cord with 30-15 amp adapter Generator: Entec West Inc. EW4200D diesel generator (660-hrs 2011) - in stainless steel sound enclosure - supplies 110-volt when away from dock, with control panel in galley area. Distribution panel: 12-volt breaker panel with separate 110-volt breaker panel.
- 1989 Westerbeke FWC 46-hp diesel engine with 2:2.1 Hurst reduction gear transmission and Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft. 3-blade Max feathering propeller Racor fuel filter Electric oil change pump with Y-valve for engine and genset PYI Packless Sealing System for shaft Freshwater pump (2010) Jabsco 6900 deckwash pump - mounted in forepeak Automatic electric bilge pump (2010) Manual bilge pump in cabin Manual bilge pump in cockpit Grunert AR50 saltwater-cooled and eutectic plate refrigeration and freezer with factory overhaul and upgrade to R409 12-gallon hot water heater with engine coil and electric coil Three Fire extinguishers Carbon Monoxide and Smoke detector Lunaire electric reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning pump Espar D3L diesel heater – located in port sail locker
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Simpson Lawrence 12-volt windlass with chain pipe, deck switch 45# CQR plow anchor 300 ft high tensile all chain anchor rode 5/8” x 200’ anchor rode Danforth T-4000 anchor in chocks Salt water deck wash Docklines - New 2011 Fenders and fleece covers - New 2011 Anti-bird wires on mast - New 2011 Jacklines – port and stbd Outboard motor bracket (2) Horseshoe life rings Man overboard pole Man overboard light Lensref radar reflector Windex Tri-color masthead light Running lights on bow and stern rails Mast-mounted Foredeck light Mast-mounted Steaming light Flares (3) Fire extinguishers 12-volt horn - spreader mounted Emergency tiller Weather covers – Forward hatch, dorades, instrument pod, wheel, etc. Burglar alarm system Switlick 6-Person liferaft - with inflatable floor and OffShore pack with ICOM marine transceiver in deck mounted rigid container with hydrostatic release - inspected and repacked 2011. Alden SATFIND 406 EPIRB MOM 8 Lifesling (2) Custom Fenderboards – Bright varnished with half-round stainless steel rub rails
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378