- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Grand ‘Large means “Open Ocean” and that is where this luxurious performance cruiser belongs. The Dufour 525 interior is sober, nautical, and welcoming, with ergonomics well-designed for both stopovers in port and fine sailing trips.
Built in 2007 and delivered to its current owner in 2010 this boat has everything an experienced yachtsman would wish for to cruise the world or simply the coast.
A 3 cabin owner’s version with a linear galley she is well equipped with a generator, water maker, washer/dryer, bow thruster, air/heat and upgraded with leather upholstery.
- Sail Area
- Offshore sails Fullbatten Mainsail Roller Furling Genoa Code D Spinnker I : 57.58 ft J : 18.25 ft P : 56.50 ft E : 18.83 ft
- Keel Details
- Keel #1 Keel Type: Other Ballast: 9920 lb Max Draft: 7.58 ft
- Self-draining cockpit floor Large size cockpit benches with teak trim. Steering wheel seat included Very convenient, safe cockpit coamings with winch areas in teak. Large fixed cockpit table fitted with a teak tray and stainless fiddles with hinged leaves: easy movement and lots of seating around the table. A cubby-hole behind each helm console. For keeping ropes tidy, the cockpit has a rope tub at the entrance to the companionway, as well as 2 rope stowages port and starboard for the genoa sheets. Companionway sprayhood, cockpit cushions and sunbathing platform cushions Navigation instrument location above companionway. Gas cylinder locker. Cockpit lighting via dedicated spotlight built in under boom. Electric Halyard winch Electric genoa winches Teak seats on pushpit
- Electrical Equipment
- Supply: Engine starter battery (12 V / 135 Ah) 3 service batteries (12 V / 3 ? 135 Ah) The set of batteries is fitted with a relay. Service batteries stowed beneath floor at foot of companionway. 300 W inverter incorporating a socket for a laptop computer. High-output 120 Ah alternator. Generator, 7.7 kW Panda Electrical equipment: Electrical distribution panel with 21 functions on 12 V and 6 functions on 220 V, including: Voltmeter for service battery and engine (220 V and 12 V). Ammeter for consumption. Electrical water level gauges. Electrical fuel gauges. The 12 V electrical circuit is protected by circuit-breakers. The 220 V circuit has dual protection, via one thermal-magnetic circuit-breaker per function, and an overall 30 mA differential circuit-breaker on the distribution panel. 60 Ah battery charger. Shore supply socket forward of sun platform. Deck flood light. LED cockpit lighting on end of boom. 220 V power sockets in all parts of the yacht, 2 in forward cabin(s), at chart table, one per aft cabin, in galley. Chrome-finish halogen ceiling lights. Chrome-finish reading lamps. Pre-equipment for optional cable installation. Navigation lights: LED navigation lights port and starboard on bow pulpit. LED stern light on stern pushpit. Steaming and LED anchor lights on mast.
- Auto Pilot, upper and lower Chart Plotter/GPS, upper and lower Radar AIS Sonar
- Linear Galley: Headroom: 1.96 m Corian worktop with wooden fiddle. Double sink with synthetic resin cover doubling as a chopping-board. Waste bin below sink. Table waste bin built in to worktop. Under-sink storage and cutlery drawer. Sliding storage bins. Stowage cubby holes along side of hull. Gimbal-mounted stainless steel 3-ring gas cooker with grill/oven, with stainless fiddle and anchor-point for safety strop. Microwave Bottle stowage. System for securing crockery in dedicated unit fitted with pegs. Central hull port. 5 ceiling lights and one spotlight. Top-opening 12 V-operated cool-box w/freezer Front-opening 12 V refrigerator.
- Engine installation: Volvo 75 hp engine with Sail-drive transmission. Carefully-designed foam soundproofing. Engine compartment ventilation via 100 mm ducts leading to transom (invisible ventilation openings). Engine sump. Engine control lever and engine control panel built into aft sun platform, aft of the port helm position. Rev counter and hour meter. Fixed three-bladed prop. 2 x 250 liter rotomoulded fuel tank beneath aft bunks, with electric fuel gauge remoted to chart table. Fuel filter with water separator, plus sea-water filter, anti-siphon valve. Engine compartment light.
- Construction - Hull and Deck
- The sandwich design of the hull makes for very good thermal and acoustic insulation. The lamination of the network of ribs reinforces the hull?s solidity and in this way makes allows very good spreading of the forces from the keel and rigging. The inner molding liner with its perfect surface finish produces additional stowage space under the floors and makes for easier cleaning. Prevention of osmosis on hull with the use of a NPG gelcoat. Deck The deck is produced by infusion for an optimum rigidity/lightness ratio along with excellent thermal and acoustic insulation, and has an inner moulding liner for a perfect finish. All working and traffic areas have a ?diamond-point? nonslip surface. Localized monolithic reinforcing areas are included under deck fittings (winches, tracks, chain-plates, cleats). To increase the boat?s durability, Dufour?s team of engineers have opted to minimize wooden structural inserts beneath deck fittings.
- Additional Information
- 2011 Dinghy with 6 HP Suzuki motor Dodger and Bimini Watermaker, 100l per hr, 12V/22V Generator 7.7kW Panda TV / radio/MP3 / blueray DVD player / audio system bose Air Conditioning and Heat Dual remote control for windlass at bow and cockpit S/S Bow protection Pier gangway
- Helm System
- 2 leather-sleeved stainless steering wheels, 1100 mm in diameter. The steering wheels are easily controllable from a seated position on the helmsman?s side bench seats. Transmission system via chain and cranks connected to the rudder quadrant. The rudder blade is semi-elliptical in shape, taking advantage of the latest research in hydrodynamics, and filled with very high density closed-cell epoxy foam to avoid any ingress of water. The solid stainless rudder stock is mounted on selfaligning bearings for greater precision and lightness of the helm whatever the wind conditions. Stainless steel emergency tiller Access deck-plate for emergency tiller.
- Contact Denise George for an appointment to view this boat @ 310-490-9432 or by email @ Denise @DenisonYachtSales.com