- 74 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Garbo originally left the Burger factory in Manitowoc, Wisconsin as a 67 foot flush deck motor yacht. In 1989 her owner’s had her extended with the addition of a cockpit at the Derektor yard in Florida to a length of 74 feet, 6 inches. Throughout her years, Garbo received many upgrades, improvements, and refits. Her timeless profile and classic beauty would make any owner proud in any port. Garbo’s current owner’s change of plans makes her available for sale and represents an excellent opportunity in a classic Burger.
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION! POSSIBLE OWNER FINANCING OPPORTUNITIES
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Entering the aftdeck/salon from the cockpit one finds an expansive and bright living area with all creature comforts to include air conditioning, wetbar, refrigeration and ice maker, flatscreen television, leather settee and lounge, teak parquet flooring, and fully enclosed with glass for excellent ambient lighting. Teak wing doors provide access to the side decks both port and starboard. Port and starboard teak pilothouse doors with integrated bi-folding screen doors offer additional access to the side decks from the pilothouse which is located just forward of the salon/aftdeck. Access to the flybridge is offered from the port side of the pilothouse via a teak ladder. Continuing forward from the pilothouse and down three steps, the lower salon affords additional entertaining/lounging area for owners and guests. A large sectional settee is located to port while the entertainment center along with 65 inch flatscreen display is located to starboard. Along the aft bulkhead in the lower salon houses a custom chest of drawers and additional entertainment/AV accessories. Moving forward and to port of the lower salon, the galley is expansive and includes all the modern appliances and conveniences of home. All appliances are full sized and the area is large enough to prepare gourmet meals for owners and guests. Continuing forward from the galley the crew/guest area includes a crew/guest stateroom, a small dinette, and utility area, head and shower, as well as access to the utility and engine room. The main living quarters are accessed from the companionway at the aft bulkhead of the lower salon. The guest stateroom is located amidships to port and includes twin berths. Adjacent to the guest stateroom is the guest head which serves as the day head for entertaining. Continuing aft the full beam master stateroom is enormous and includes storage ample enough for extended cruising and liveaboard usage. Total accommodations include three staterooms and three heads which sleeps six comfortably with additional accommodation available via the settees in the lower and main salon.
- Salon/Aft Deck
- Starting forward are twin teak wing doors with new wood blinds accessing the side decks. A full bulkhead between the wing doors separates this area from the forward Pilothouse. A teak and glass door in the bulkhead gives access to the Pilothouse. Centerline forward is a teak wet bar and cabinet housing a refrigerator, pull out glass and bottle storage on teak shelves, a Whirlpool Clear Ice icemaker and a stainless steel bar sink. All of the above are hidden behind recessed panel teak cabinet doors. Above is a large glass panel providing aft visibility from the Pilothouse. An etching of the yacht's profile has been sandblasted into the glass panel. The sole of this area is a teak plank finished to perfection in a golden matte color. Furniture in the Salon includes a leather nail head three cushion sofa to port, a matching large chair and ottoman and a teak steamer trunk coffee table with storage within. Between the sofa and chair is an end table. The aft end of the sofa has a reading light. To starboard is a matching loveseat, and a reading lamp. Across the aft bulkhead are teak cabinets port and starboard. The starboard quarter has a flatscreen TV, a DVD player and one air handler for the Salon. To port is a storage cabinet and the other SMX controlled air handler for the Salon. Centerline is the sliding door to the Cockpit. Also in the Salon are five large brass dimmable overhead lights, three dimmable mini spots over the bar, two stereo speakers with volume control and an area rug with matching mats in the main entryways. The side windows slide open and are covered with Hunter Douglas golden oak real wood blinds. The electric fixtures are upgraded Viamar fixtures. On both the port and starboard sides of the Salon there is an attractive teak wainscoating under the windows.
- Lower Salon
- A large sectional settee is located to port. Adjacent to starboard is the entertainment center to include a 65 inch flat panel display. On the aft bulkhead is a chest of five drawers with bamboo trim, a countertop and two bamboo and cane panel cabinets housing this area's entertainment electronics. They consist of a 19" Mitsubishi TV, a Sony SRTDE197 stereo receiver and a Pioneer PD-F908 100 disc CD changer. Outboard is a full size locker with two shelves within. On both the port and starboard side are large storage lockers that extend under the wide side decks. Forward is a lighted pass through to the Galley with cabinet access above. Overhead are ten dimmable mini spot lights and two stereo speakers. The windows crank down with screens that follow in true Burger style.
- The Galley is located forward of the Dining Salon and at the same deck level. This is not the typical Galley down cruiser arrangement. The area is full beam except for the passageway to the Forward Guest/Crew Stateroom. The sole is varnished teak parquet. The Galley is U-shaped from the port side with additional pantry storage to starboard. The counters are Corian and the cabinets have all been updated to a cane panel front. Overhead is a vinyl headliner with three overhead lights. All appliances were new in 1997. GE ceramic style flush 4 burner cooktop GE eye level oven Spice rack GE Spacemaker XL built-in microwave oven w/light & fan Grohe removable spray handle faucet Storage drawer Soap dispenser at sink (13) cabinet doors Frigidaire Gallery clothes dryer Corian counters w/built-in sink Maytag extra large capacity clothes washer Kenmore compact size dishwasher Insinkerator garbage disposal Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer w/water & ice in door
- Forward Crew/Guest Accommodations
- Laundry EQUIPMENT ROOM: Just forward of the Engine Room is an Equipment Room housing the yacht's Frigidair Gallery clothes dryer, several storage shelves and storage cabinets for the yacht's spares. This area is carpeted and well lit with two fluorescent lights and two incandescent lights. Lounge Down and forward four steps from the Galley is the Forward Lounge. Originally a Crew Lounge, the present owners do not utilize crew. The washing machine is in this area to starboard. The Frigidaire Gallery dryer is just aft in the companionway to the Engine Room. To port is a two person dinette with a white laminate table. Above are two teak cabinets. Below the dinette are four storage drawers. The entrance to the Engine Room and Equipment Room is aft from this area. A large storage hold is located below the sole. Above are rod holders, DC lighting and 110V track lighting. This area is presently used as a small office and is perfectly suited as such. Forward Guest Stateroom Starting in the fore peak is the shower with stainless steel shower pan, access to the rope locker, a DC light and Kholer fixtures for the shower. Next aft to starboard are two shelves and three drawers. Immediately aft are two bunks. Above the upper bunk are two opening portholes with curtains. Each berth has a reading light. Below the lower berth are four storage drawers. To starboard starting forward is a large hanging locker with a gun rack inside. Overhead is an escape hatch with fold down steps. Next aft is the Head with Galley Maid electric toilet connected to a Galley Maid "Delta" Coast Guard approved treatment system, four shelves for linen storage, a mirrored medicine cabinet, a stainless steel wash basin and a painted laminate countertop. Below is a storage cabinet in the vanity. Also in the Head is a vinyl sole, an auto flush timer for the head and AC and DC lighting.
- Main Accommodations
- Amidship Guest Stateroom Just aft of the Dining Salon and down five steps is the Guest Cabin on the portside of the yacht. Unusually large, there are twin bunks with two drawers under each berth. Between is a four drawer nightstand with Corian top. Wood headboards and a Corian shelf outboard contrast well with the dark blue textured wall covering. Above the berths is a white wood bookshelf. Forward are twin full size hanging lockers with auto lights and louvered wood doors. Between the lockers is a four drawer chest of drawers with a Corian top and porthole style mirror above. There is a full size dressing mirror behind the door. Large portholes with screens and drapes are outboard. Also in this cabin are pewter reading lights, a table lamp, stereo speakers, a TV outlet, a telephone and SMX A/C controls. Across the companionway is the private Guest Head which also serves as the Day Head. It includes a white tile sole, an upgraded china Galley Maid head with a Galley Maid auto flush timer connected to a Galley Maid "Delta" Coast Guard approved treatment system. The vanity has two cabinet doors below a Corian counter with molded sink with a three sided mirror above the sink. The shower has a stainless steel pan, clear glass door, Corian walls and overhead and white Moen fixtures. The head also has an exhaust fan, opening screened porthole with Hunter Douglas wood blinds and a Corian shelf behind the toilet. The sliding screened porthole has Hunter Douglas wood blinds. Master Stateroom On centerline in the large Master Stateroom is a king size pedestal berth with two large drawers at the foot of the berth. To both port and starboard are nightstands with two drawers and an access panel below the drawers. To both port and starboard on the outboard bulkheads are eight drawers each side. The tops are Corian counters. Above the Corian counter are two opening screened portholes with drapes on both the port and starboard sides. On the aft bulkhead are twin swing arm brass lamps. Centerline is artwork with a brass light covering the emergency escape hatch to the Lazarette. Located on both port and starboard sides forward there are two huge door hanging lockers with auto lights. The starboard side has a safe within. On the forward bulkhead is a built-in bookcase. Below are eight cabinet doors for storage. The TV sound plays through the overhead stereo speakers. Also in this cabin are SMX controls, DC and AC lighting as well as the entrance the en-suite head. The Master Stateroom Head is forward to starboard and has a white tile sole, and an upgraded Galley Maid ceramic toilet with auto flush connected to a Galley Maid "Delta" Coast Guard approved treatment system. Behind the toilet are two cabinets doors serving as the medicine cabinet. The vanity has three cabinet doors below and a molded sink in the Corian countertop above. The outboard and aft sides are all mirrored with built-in lights and make up mirror. The full size tub has a clear glass sliding enclosure, Corian walls and ceiling, a hand held or wall mountable fixture and an exhaust fan. The lighting is both AC and DC. A sliding screen porthole with Hunter Douglas wood shades is above.
- Fore Deck (3) Step plate w/yacht's name (1) boarding gate port Teak decks (2) Boarding gates stbd (fwd & midship) Stainless steel anchor chute Khalenburg air horns Varnished bow staff w/burgee Electric/air horns (2) Rope deck pipes Custom bow seat w/ storage below & back rest, alum. work & cushions new 2000 Varnished teak eye brow trim on Flybridge & trunk cabin Varnished cap rails (4) Fold down steps to coach roof Varnished hand rails Varnished teak name boards Aluminum bow rail (forward) removed for more classic look (2) Spring line cleats port Ideal electric windlass w/foot switch (2) Spring line cleats starboard (3) Windshield wipers Varnished teak burgee staff Varnished Pilothouse doors Fijord 125 lb. anchor mounted in chute Varnished wing doors Burger anchor davit Canvas cover for bow seat 7 step Marquipt Tide Ride boarding ladder w/teak hand rail Fore Deck hatch 6 step Marquipt Tide Ride boarding ladder w/teak hand rail International navigation lights Side stanchions w/life lines (2) Fore Deck lights Fresh water wash down system Carlisle Finch 12" spot light Salt water wash down system Cockpit (3) Steps from Salon Cockpit shower Under deck catch well w/drain Swim platform Tuthill Fill Rite fuel transfer meter Walk through transom door w/varnished gate Fuel transfer pump Live fish well w/circulating pump Varnished teak coaming board Cockpit fresh water wash down system Cockpit lighting (2) Flush mount rod holders Flag socket w/varnished flag staff Three person bench seat w/new cushions & storage locker below (2) Teak chairs w/table Teak sole Removable tender mooring whips w/flush mount hardware Under Cockpit access hatch Cockpit sunshade Corian top cabinet w/flush sink & Grohe removable spray faucet Under platform swim ladder Flybridge Flybridge carpet Northstar 800X GPS New L shaped seating & cushions port & stbd & storage below House phone /12 station intercom on Flybridge 38" stainless steel Destroyer wheel Full gauges on Flybridge 8 man Avon life raft in canister ? not currently certified Datamarine 3030 digital depth gauge Northstar 952 color GPS/plotter (new '04) Full mast w/dual radar scanners Robertson remote for autopilot (2) New Pompanette teak ladder back helm chairs w/removable cushions, cover & footrest (2) Burger electric tender davits 1 port, 1 stbd, allows for port or stbd launching Flybridge speakers w/volume control Newer Bimini top & frame Remote speaker for Flybridge VHF 48mi Furuno model 1940 radar Pompanette stool at third helm position Motorola Triton M200 VHF radio Flybridge cover Panish clutch & throttle control Covers for Flybridge seating Vosper control for stabilizers Hatch to Pilothouse below Control for synchronizers (2) Spreader lights on mast Custom rails to mount tender Meal & absent lights Man overboard light Danforth/Kelvin White 10" compass in chrome binnacle Tinted plexiglass windshield w/frame
- Electrical and Mechanical
- Electrical System Danforth Charicator battery condition meter at helm 20kW Westebeke stbd genset w/"Super Silencer" lead sound shield covers-850 hr Dual line volt meter for yacht's electric system at helm 20kW Westebeke port genset w/"Super Silencer" lead sound shield covers-950 hr Dual line amp meter for yacht's electric system at helm Panasonic phone system w/12 station intercom 32 volt volt meter at Engine Room panel (3) incoming land phone lines plus cell & Sat lines 32 volt amp meter at Engine Room panel 40 amp 12 volt Sentry battery charger 12 volt volt meter at Engine Room panel 30 amp 32 volt Lamarch battery charger 12 volt amp meter at Engine Room panel Battery parallel switch 110 volt frequency meter at Engine Room panel Electric distribution panel in Engine Room (new '96) (8) 8 volt batteries (2 banks) in Lazarette for house system & main engine starting (new 2006) (2) 15 KVA Acme general purpose electrical transformers (3) Ea. telephone & TV shore cords Pro Mariner yacht corrosion monitor (4) Battery shut off switches Galvanic Isolation system at shore cord inlets 110V/220 volt AC electrical system (2) 50 amp 120/240 Hubbel power inlets (new 2000) 12V/32 volt DC electrical system (3) Telephone/TV Hubell inlets (new 2000) Electrical bonding system New generator batteries - 2006 Lazarette Steering gear w/Hynautic hydraulic assist Open to under Cockpit storage area 5 step vertical Marquipt boarding ladder Emergency escape hatch from Master Stateroom (2) 32 volt battery banks (new 2006) Thermostatically controlled exhaust fan (2) Spare propellers Engine Room High water alarm system Engine Room carpet w/bound edge over diamond plate sole Dual Racor 1000F fuel filters w/vacuum gauge for each engine Vulcan drive saver on main engine shafts Single Racor 500F fuel filters for each generator Perko main engine intake strainer Full manual Engine Room gauges w/start/stop switches Raw water cooled shaft log w/crossover valves (3) Hersey pneumatic fuel tank gauges Pre Lube oil lubrications system for main engines Hersey pneumatic water tank gauge (2) Dayton 110V engine room blower 40 gal. hot water heater (new 12/03) Fresh water spigot in Engine Room Carpeted sole (outdoor type) Engine lube oil storage tank (5) AC fluorescent light fixtures Shaft log drip pan plumbed to gray water tank (4) DC incandescent light fixtures A/C condensate & showers plumbed to gray water tank Strobe light for telephone ring signal in Engine Room Emergency engine stop cable Kahlenberg 32V air compressor for air horn system Flotech house water accumulator tank Fiberglass wrapped single wall exhaust system Fresh water spigot w/hose (7) Portable fire extinguishers various sizes throughout yacht Drive Saver Vulcan coupling - on main engine shafts Engine Room sound insulation Doggable engine room door w/gasket GE/Myers 110V house fresh water pump (2) Kidde 35 lb. C02 auto/manual fire control systems 110 volt belt driven emergency Engine Room bilge pump /wash down pump 2 1/2" Aquamet 17 main & stub shaft (2) Stewart Warner electric fuel pumps 2 1/2" Aquamet 17 spare stub shaft inside port tube Oberdorfer 110V lube oil change pump (4 point) "spurs" shaft line cutters (2) Rule 2000 gph auto/manual bilge pumps Vosper minifin hydraulic stabilizer rebuilt 1997 w/updated controls Rule 1750 gph auto/manual bilge pump Glendinning engine synchronizers Engine driven emergency bilge pump Twin Disc MG-514 2:1 transmissions Par 32 volt pump for gray water tank (4) Round opening portholes in Engine Room Oberdorpher 110V air conditioner cooling pump for A/C compressors Engine alarm system for high temp, low oil pressure Cruiseair air conditioning cooling pump for Salon A/C's (7) Cruiseair A/C compressors as follows: Pilothouse 16,000 BTU Galley 12, 000 BTU Master Stateroom 12,000 BTU Forward Stateroom 12, 000 BTU Guest Stateroom 7000 BTU Salon Port 16,000 BTU Salon Starboard 16,000 BTU
- Additional Information
- Remarks The following items were replaced during an extensive refit at Rybovich Spencer in 1997: All Galley appliances All headliners including most overhead light fixtures All 7 air conditioning compressors Both shaft log tubes and logs New exhaust system for main engines Replating of keel area, bottom plates and tank tops as needed Both 20 kW Westebeke gensets (2) Galley Maid household style heads with fresh water flush (1) Galley Maid Marine head w/salt water flush (3) Galley Maid "Delta" Coast Guard approved treatment systems Engine Room and Lazarette ventilation blowers All bilge pumps Stabilizers rebuilt and updated New teak cabinetry and wainscoating in Salon Additionally in 2000 considerable upgrades via newly designed welded aluminum for the yacht's bow seat and bridge seating, updating the seating to emulate Burger's built in the 80's. All new shore cord and telephone/TV inlets upgraded during the yacht's repaint. Note: Actual LOA with swim platform is 77'.
- Thanks to Jeff Stanley for the use of information relating to history, upgrades, and maintenance of Garbo through 2009. All of the information noted within relating to completion dates of upgrades and specific equipment was compiled and provided by Jeff.
- Owner's personal belongings
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Garbo is easy to preview at our Marina Jack's location in beautiful downtown Sarasota. Contact Jason today at (941) 345-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org