- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Yanmar 4jh3e
- Engine Type
42 ft Hunter 426DS
- Brokers Comments
- This Hunter 426 Deck Salon offers the space and accomodations normally found in much larger boats. She is bright, airy and spacious below, with plenty of storage. Coupled with easy single-handed sailing capability and excellent sailing performance, she is perfect for day-sailing, long passage-making or live-aboard. Easy sail-handling with in-mast roller furling, furling genoa and all lines leading aft to the cockpit, make this boat ideal for sailing with limited crew, or single-handed. Her excellent performance on all points of sail make her a comfortable passage-maker, a worthy competitor when racing and, always a fun and responsive boat to sail. This is a well maintained boat with only 405 engine hours. She is in 'sail away' condition; fully air-conditioned with reverse cycle heat and a 'quietly-located', sound-encased 5.5kW generator with only 20 hours. The owner (original) is motivated to sell and will consider all reasonable offers!
- Accomodations and General Layout
- There are two (2) private double cabins, each containing complete heads with glass-door enclosed showers. Both beds have inner-spring mattresses. There is a convertible double dinette plus a facing full settee allowing comfortable sleeping for seven (7) people. The salon is large and open and contains seven (7) large fixed windows with shades and a large centered hatch with sunshade and screen. A large flat-screen TV with a Bose sound system is located on the forward bulkhead. A large U-shaped dinette table is located on the port side with comfortable seating for six (6) people. Aft, on the port side, is a huge L-shaped galley - extensively equipped, and an overhead hatch with sunshade and screen. To starboard is a sit-down Nav Station with ample room space for charts and serious navigation. There is generous storage throughout.
- A large and well-equipped galley makes food preparation and entertainment a true joy! It is one of the best galley layouts you will ever see on a boat of this size. Main features include: Force 10 stainless steel, propane, two-burner stove with oven, and control/shutoff solenoid. Separate front-loading stainless steel refrigerator and freezer. Recessed double stainless steel sinks with cutting board and chrome multi-function faucet. Microwave oven. Portable dishwasher. Corian counter tops. Large pantry with shelving. Five (5) drawers. Three (3) storage cabinets. Three (3) shelf spice racks. In-counter trash bin. Under-sole storage bin. Lighted, self-draining, dish storage cabinet.
- Electronics and Electrical
- Raymarine ST7001 Autopilot with remote control at the helm. Garmin 2006C color GPS/Chartplotter at helm, with Garmin sounder and fish-finder. Raymarine ST 60 speed, depth and wind (new in 2010). All the instruments described above are linked. Icom VHF at the nav-station, with remote mic at the helm. Dual 110vac 30 amp dockside power, with two (2) shore-side cords and 50 amp converter pigtail. Freedom 2500 battery charger and inverter. Two (2) Xantrex galvanic isolators (new). High output alternator. Tank guages for fuel, water and waste. Sharp 'Aquos' 15" flat-screen LCD TV with Bose sound system. Bose 3.2.1. DVD/CD/FM/AM entertainment system. Stereo system (new) in cockpit, with speakers in arch above the helm. Carbon Monoxide detectors in each cabin. Smoke detectors. Overhead fluorescent lighting throughout. Three (3) reading lights in the aft cabin; two (2) in the saloon; three (3) in the forward cabin. Courtesy floor lighting. Cable TV/telephone receptacle in cockpit. Sump pump for each shower. Automatic bilge pump.
- Yanmar Diesel engine - 56hp, model 4JH3E - well maintained with only 405 engine hours. 360 degrees access by lifting-up and removing the companionway steps and aft-cabin vanity. Next Generation generator - 5.5kW, model USM2-5.5 - well maintained with only 70 engine hours. Sound dampening enclosure. Automatic Halon engineroom fire extinguishing system. Aft cabin air and heat - 12,000BTU. Salon and forward cabin air and heat - 16,000BTU.
- Deck and Hull
- The boat has been recently hauled, bottom painted and waxed. The decks are wide, providing easy access forward. Stainless Steel grab rails extend well forward of the mast to provide confident, safe movement when underway. A large foredeck makes handling dock lines easy. Ground tackle is located in a deep well, forward, and is easily accessible.There is a recessed electric windlass with deck switches. And, you will enjoy sitting in one of the aft stern seats at dockside, at anchor or underway using the remote control for the autopilot! HKT Kevlar Hull Re-inforcement from Keel to stem. Dual, off-set, anchor rollers. Thirty-five (35) pound CQR anchor with all-chain rode. Delta anchor with chain and nylon rode. 360 degree rubrail in stainless steel mounting extrusion. Dockside freshwater hook-up. Hot and cold pressure transom shower. Eight (8) stainless steel cleats. Seven (7) opening deck hatches, five (5) with screens. Seven (7) opening ports with screens. Double lifelines with three (3) gates. Hinged helm seat for access to swim platform. Swim platform with telescoping stainless steel ladder. Stainless steel handrails extend to foredeck. MaxGuard UV-inhibited gelcoat. Molded-in gray non-skid walking surfaces. Inboard genoa tracks with cars. Winged, shoal-draft, antimonios lead keel.
- The mast and rigging were fully inspected in the fall of 2010 Selden B&R double swept-back spreader fractional rig with in-mast roller furling. Selden solid boom vang. Harken genoa roller furling. Harken ball-bearing mainsheet traveler on stainless steel structural arch. This arrangement is designed to reduce the number of lines running to the cockpit. Stainless steel shrouds and turnbuckles. Internal halyard led to the cockpit. All sheets and lines are led to the cockpit. Eight (8) Spinlock sheet stoppers (two gangs of four). Two (2) Harken 46 ST 2-speed genoa winches with covers. Two (2) Harken 40 ST 2-speed rigging winches with covers. Dutchman boom-brake/preventer. Spinnaker - spare halyard. Dual flag halyards.
- The cockpit is exceptionally roomy, without obstructions, and provides ease of movement.Its coamings are tall and properly angled, which makes its back seats ergonomically correct and very comfortable. There are plenty of hold and brace points. The seats are long and there is plenty of room to stretch-out. The cockpit is big enough for six (6) adults to sit comfortably, and two long teak-trimmed stern pulpit seats can hold four (4) more. Four (4) cockpit/transom storage lockers with extra large portside 'Mega Locker'. Double stern pulpit seats with drink-holders. Tail storage wells. Stainless steel cockpit arch with chart light and (new) stereo speakers. Cockpit grab-rail and fold-out cockpit table. Whitlock helm with instrument pods and helm cover - provides a good viewing angle over the coach roof. Whitlock direct drive steering with single lever engine/transmission control. Companionway doors. Full Yanmar instrumentation.
- Full complement of fenders and lines. Life jackets USCG Safety package. Hunter cruise package.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.