This first and original owner collaborated with the designer, Bill Crealock; and the manufacturer, Pacific Seacraft; to make an outstanding sea boat. The owner knew he was going deep blue water cruising and wanted a safe boat, (everything is secured in case of a roll) as well as a fast cruiser (finishing in the top 3 in class in Bermuda races). Those goals were met. Two Atlantic round trips, multiple round trips from New England to the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Some Highlights: Mast, boom, spreaders, radar brackets, and poles have all been professionally painted as of March 4, 2013. New upper chain plates are now on order. All 8 batteries have been replaced. Water maker (20 gallons per hour), extra fuel (110 gallons), Leisure Boom Furling with electric halyard winch, zero engine hours, meticulous labeling of inventory and ships’ systems, 3-bladed feathering Maxi prop, new overhead liner, new countertops, 8” thick custom mattresses in each stateroom, Winslow 6 man liferaft, etc.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- See the Manufacturers’ original Brochure below for the layout of “North Star” with the exception of a wet locker originally built in by the maker at the request of the owner. This locker is located to starboard of the center lined companionway.
- Force 10 – 3-burner propane stove (2 – 20 lb. tanks) with oven and solenoid system. Double stainless steel deep sinks with hot and cold fresh water pressure as well as foot pedal fresh water system. Seafrost/Adler Barbour/Crosby refrigeration and freezer system, 12 volt powered. Independently controlled units.
- Deck & Hull
- Maxwell Electric Windlass Bruce Anchor Fortress Anchor Chain and nylon Rodes Paratech Sea Anchor Mast Pulpits Safety Jack lines Bow and Stern Pulpits Double Lifelines Cockpit Shower Fenders, Dock lines, Lifejackets Elkhide Covered Steering Wheel Overboard Bag Winslow Life Raft (Current Certification) Weems and Plath Clock and Weems and Plath Barometer
- Rigging & Sails
- Mast, boom, spreaders, radar brackets, and poles have all been professionally painted as of March 4, 2013. Forespar tapered mast was installed 2001, Forespar (Leisure Furl) in boom added 2005 and all standing and running rigging (2001) Collapsible whisker pole mast stored Harken Furling unit built on a rod headstay Removable staysail stay Navtec Hydraulic backstay adjuster Solid Boom Vang Cruising Spinnaker on Flexible/Removable Bow Sprit Two Mainsails Yankee Two Genoas Storm Tri-sail Storm Jib New upper chain plates are now on order
- Electronics & Helm
- Raytheon E120 System B&G Network Data, Speed, Depth, Wind, Options, Lights Icom MBO2 HF SSB, Receives and sends Standard Horizon GPS Chart 170C Icom VHF w/OB Position
- Electronics at Helm
- Raytheon E80 System Raytheon St 7001 AutoPilot B&G Network, Wind, Speed, Depth B&G Network Quad Compass
- House and engine battery selector switches. 2 banks of 3–Series 31 batteries (Brand New 2013) and a single Series 27 battery for the Aqua Pac. The AC/DC main electrical panel is equipped with power meters, circuit breakers and 3 bank battery test circuit. There is a Balmar Power Inverter w/ control panel for the Aqua Pac and a lighted Balmar monitor panel for the desalinator. Newmar Universal, multi-bank battery charging system. Shore power with a 50’ cable. AquaMarine (AquaPac) 7 hp Kubota diesel engine (APPROX 500 hrs), located under the cockpit, drives a 150 amp alternator and a 20 gph watermaker through a power take-off. Xantrex Pro Inverter All 8 batteries have been replaced
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The 50 HP Yanmar 4JH2E diesel engine is located on center under the galley counter and has 360 degree access. Last year (2011), the owner noticed a rear seal leak and after 6187 hours of use, he decided to have the engine removed and completely overhauled in early 2012. As is evidenced by the photos (Dec’12) of the engine, it not only looks brand new but has ZERO (O) engine hours as the engine has not yet (Dec’12) been commissioned. The overhaul included new engine mounts. See attached engine manufacturers’ brochures. The engine compartment is well insulated as it was completely redone.
- Broker's Comments
- North Star is an outstanding example of how to rig and furnish a sea boat. Collaboration of designer, builder and owner produced a safe and fast sea boat. Some unique features: Paper chart storage drawers under the galley sink island which lock. Hanging wet locker which drains into the bilge, extra fuel tank because you can’t make diesel, water maker because you can. Stern anchor when you have to. Multiple use electric halyard winch. Dodger and connector Bimini with viewing windows, custom refrigerator shelve access panel, galley fan, Sunbrella sea covers for salon cushions, extra thick (8”) custom mattresses, Leisure furl mainsail into boom and storm tri-sail track, custom overhead liner, custom counter tops, electric water closets and much, much more.
- Items Not Included In Sale
- Small Yachtsmans’ Anchor Personal Tools Artwork Some Galley Items Two Needle Point Pillows
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.