- 49 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Here is a quality-built Carolina Custom Express Sportfisherman with cold-molded hull and many of the latest features offered in the market today. Designed for the CAT/Zeus pod-drive system this boat’s sea ability is outstanding for her length and the maneuverability is remarkable. Personal inspection is recommended as the photos do not give justice to the vessel. 30+Knot cruising with tremendous economy and the comfort of a temperture-controlled bridge deck. This boat is something special, please click the full spec tab above and review all the details. Seller may consider late model larger center-console vessels as partial trade.
This beautiful Carolina Express will be on display during the Palm Beach Boat Show from March 21 - 24. Our slips are near the northeast corner of the show, out Ramp 1.
- One of the benefits of pod drive propulsion is that the engine room is located further aft in the boat allowing for a larger interior. There are two staterooms with 4 berths. The forward stateroom has criss-cross arranged upper-lower twins. The main stateroom is aft and below the helm deck and it has split full-size berths.
- Cockpit & Mezzanine
- The cockpit features a raised mezzanine deck with full cushioned seating. There are teak coverboards bordering the cockpit with a transom fish box. The steps to the bridge deck and mezzanine have a teak sole with thick bullnose curved edges. Cockpit deck is non-skid and has a white, full-size Pompanette fighting chair with 4 rod rocket launcher/tray back mounted on a 4" chrome stanchion. There is a transom door to the starboard side. Chrome corner-placed line hausers are high on the transom. Six flush rod-holders are in the coverboards. This is a large cockpit with plenty of space around the chair, including between the footrest and the fishbox. Beneath the mezzanine seating to the portside is a large crushed ice well supplied by a 600#/day Eskimo machine. The next tier down beneath the teak deck is a large insulated locker. All hatches in this area are supported by stainless gas-shock rams and have well defined edges, gutters and gaskets for a positive fit. Beneath the center seat of the mezz is the engine room entrance with aluminum ladder access. The lower tier opening box is an insulated storage locker. To the starboard side behind the mezz seat backrest is a shelfed storage compartment and below beneath the seat and deck are insulated compartments. Two of the bridge deck steps (without shock keepers) are areas suitable for storage of cleaning supplies. At the top of the mezz seating are 6 flush mounted rod holders.
- Bridge Deck
- Bridge Deck area is surrounded by three sides of polycarbonite enclosure and an aft side of eisenglass. There is non-skid fiberglass deck and this entire area is climate controlled by MarineAir digital thermostat (under helm console). The helm is centerline and aft and offers excellent 360 degree visibility. There is a varnished teak helm pod with bright chrome custom helm wheel and single lever controls. Just to the port of the pod is the Zeus joystick control. There are two white ladder-back Pompanette helm & companion chairs with molded cushions mounted on chrome stanchions. The helmseat has a swing out footrest. Plenty of room to move around the chairs and the helm console has a upright electronics box that carries to the portside with clear, hinged and gas shock supported doors. Hardtop above has LED lighting. To the starboard side of the Bridge Deck is a straight settee with Sunbrella upholstered cushions (textured tan with black piping). Beneath this settee is a large storage area currently used for life jacket storage. Forward of the settee on the same side is a console cabinet with refridgerated drink box top and tackle drawer storage below. To the portside forward of the Bridge Deck is a raised settee area with L-shaped seat. This is a very comfortable riding and conversation area. Beneath the deck by this forward settee is hatch opening to another handy storage area. Beneath the settee is a large freezer compartment (adjustable digital thermostat under helm console). To the starboard side forward is the door to the cabin and it is a sliding unit with tinted windows and quality lockset. Main Helm Electronics: Two Furuno NavNet 3D units with 12" displays 64-mile range radar with open-array scanner Furuno GPS/WAAS GP-32 navigator Furuno RD-30 digital data display (with sea-temp) Sirius Weather interface Two ICOM M-504 Vhf radios Cummins/Merc Precision Pilot with Sky Hook dynamic positioning Cummins/Merc Zeus automatic/manual trim tabs control panel GP Link Sat information transmitter with Caterpiller interface (tracking, com & engine data) SmartCraft VesselView digital engine control display CAT color Marine Power Display screen E-Plex touchscreen ships system control panel Tower Helm Electronics: Furuno NavNet 3D unit with 8" display (networked with all functions of lower helm units) ICOM M-504 Vhf radio Precision Pilot remote panel SmartCraft VesselView digital engine display, trim tab controls and Zeus Joystick SAT & Entertainment Electronics: KVH M3 Sat TV dome antenna mounted on buggy hardtop KVH FB150 Sat Tracphone with handset at bridgedeck helm ACR Global Fix GPIRB #4475 mounted on hardtop with hydrostatic release Fusion MS-IP 500 AM/FM/SiriusSATradio/IPOD docking Stereo Sony 600amp Amplifier & Pioneer speakers (4 on helm deck, 2 under cockpit gunwale) Fusion remote control unit in tower with speakers TV or Video from Salon can be displayed with audio on NavNet Screen
- Salon Cabin
- Entering the cabin of REELIN & DEALIN there are four steps down from the Bridge Deck. The fit and finish of the cabin is well done with functional design as the focus. This interior features high-gloss finished Cherrywood cabinetry, doors, framing and bed platforms. The cabin sole is Cherry and Holly strip laminate flooring and compliments the space. Immediately to your right side entering the cabin is a cabinet containing a 2nd E-Plex control panel, AC power switching, generator control panel, Eskimo Ice remote control, and cabin MarineAir thermostat. Along the starboard side is the hideaway galley area with Corian countertop (Ebony Mosaic) including an undermounted brushed stainless sink and brushed Nickel finish single lever spray faucet. To the aft of the galley cabinetry is a flush mounted 32" Samsung flat panel HDTV. Across to the portside is a large, comfortable L-shape settee. The settee is tailor fitted with leatherette material in a Harvest Gold color and accented with striped decor pillows. Behind the sofa there is a cabinet on the wall above that hinges open to a carpeted rod storage compartment. Beneath the sofa is another large carpeted storage area. The forward stateroom area is open to the salon area giving a spacious feel, although it can be closed off with a combination of a pocket door and bi-folding door. The forward cabin area has a wood framed overhead deck hatch which provides natural light. Beneath the top berth is a hinged opening rod storage area and beneath the lower berth is another large carpeted storage area. To the rear portside of the cabin is the entry door and step up to the head & shower. The vanity here is the Corian matched to the galley and has a white undermounted sink with brushed Nickel faucet. A large shower stall has a hinged cherrywood and glass door with handle and towel bar. A mirrored medicine cabinet is above the sink. Freshwater head, Cherry and Holly laminate flooring, linen cabinet, and cleaning supply cabinet below the sink. Moen faucet & shower fixtures. There is also an exhaust blower in the shower locker. Centerline aft is the door entry to the Master Cabin. Cabin Entertainment Center: Samsung 32' Flat Panel HDTV with remote control Denon AVR 790 AV surround-sound receiver with remote SpeakerCraft speakers flush-mounted overhead in headliner Direct TV Sat receiver with remote Sony PS3 game console also functions as Blu-ray/DVD/CD player
- Master Stateroom
- The master stateroom is aft and has two full size berths separated by a nightstand cabinet with Corian top. There is a Toshiba 17" flat-panel TV mounted on the foward bulkhead. This cabin has it's own Direct TV receiver with remote. Cherry cabinetry surrounds three walls of the cabin and the aft compartment is a large locker suitable for additional rod storage. To either side there are spacious storage areas currently fitted for larger reels and rod butts. Also the starboard side forward has a hanging closet area. The cabin sole is Cherry and Holly laminate and there are matching bedspreads, shams and accent decor pillows.
- GE Sensor Microwave Oven Vitrifrigio Drawer-style Refrigerator Vitrifrigio Drawer-style Freezer Stainless steel basin sink with single lever faucet Raritan hot water heater Pressure water system with Headhunter Mach 5 pump Corian countertop Coffeemaker in cabinet Various storage compartments and shelfs
- Deck Equipment
- Foredeck anchor locker with fresh-water washdown spigot Fortress FX-23 anchor with 50' 3/8 inch chain and 300' 1/2 inch nylon rode Bomar forward deck opening hatch Adult life jackets, Signal flare kit Tuna tower has fiberglass tower standing base with 5 aft arranged spreader lights molded below Tower helm has cushioned belly band and seat with backrest Fresh-water washdown spigot in tower LED running lights in tower hardtop forward corners and center aft Mounted in aluminum cradle on aft bridge deck hardtop is a Switlik cannister liferaft (6-man) Twin chrome trumpet air-horns mounted on hardtop Fresh and Saltwater washdown spigots in cockpit Three 24-volt Blue transom underwater lights White canvas covers for fighting chair and tower helm console Bottom sounder transducer is flush mounted in oil bath housing
- Fishing Equipment
- Barry LeRay Custom Tuna Tower with hardtop over Bridge Deck and hardtop over tower station with tri-color lights Rupp Triple spreader outriggers with Auto-lok hold-in arms Rigger halyards threaded thru coverboard to a jam-cleat below Rupp Center rigger Two 24 volt Miya Epoch US-6 teaser reels in hardtop Two DC electric reel plugs under forward gunwales
- Electrical System
- This vessel features the E-Plex touchscreen electrical system which controls DC and AC power sources aboard. Panels are in leiu of light switches and control dimming as well. Almost all lights aboard are LED. Northern Lights 16Kw generator (1800rpm) with Racor fuel filter 50 Amp shorepower plug with Glendinning cablemaster shorecord winder Charles Industries shore power booster/transformer Eight 12V maintenance-free Optima Blue batteries in boxes with disconnects Newmar Phase Three battery charger 24v, 45amp Vanner VannGuard power management system / battery equalizer, 60amp Newmar 24v to 12v converter LED rope lighting under cockpit gunwales 12v lighter plug at helm
- Mechanical Equipment
- Twin CAT C-9 ACERT 575hp diesels (inline 6-cylinder) with remainder of 5-year Platinum warrantee coverage transferrable ZF reduction gears with trolling valves Tower helm has chrome dual lever binnacle Dual Racor primary fuel filters with vacuum gauges and CAT secondary fuel filters Delta T inlet air control system Marine Exhaust Systems fiberglass mufflers Groco inboard sea-water stainers 4 inch graphite jack shafts (inside saftey covers) mate to Cummins/Zeus pod drive units Dual counter-rotating stainless steel Z15 props Zeus hydraulic electronic steering with joystick - two stations Cummins/Merc Zeus Automatic/manual trim tabs 5 Rule Auto/Manual bilge pumps with Ultra Sensor float switches Holding tank and sink/shower sump box Headhunter X Calibur Salt water washdown pump SeaLand MasterFlush head MarineAir reverse cycle air-condioning system with digital thermostats (16k and 12k for cabin, 24k for bridge deck) Fireboy automatic fire suppression system in engine compartment The GP Link sat-information system also monitors bilge water level, fire alarm, battery levels, and shorepower interruption. It also allows digital creation of geo-fence boundaries to keep boat owner notified of vessel movement. Reportedly the boat is burning a little over 42 gallons/hr at 31 knots cruising speed (in climate controlled comfort on the bridge deck!).
- This hand crafted hull is built using the cold molding process with epoxy and wood. With his shop near Wilmington, NC the builder Donnie Caison is proudly creating some of the finest riding sea boats coming from the Carolinas. Ice Blue painted hull with white topsides, she has a black boot stripe and dark blue bottom. Paint is Dupont Imron MS600. The hull was designed for utilizing the pod drive propulsion and this boat is efficient to operate and has minimal bow rise throughout the power curve. The hull shape has generous flare forward which melds into the broken shearline with hull side vents and carries a tumblehome at the transom. Oval exhaust ports and no hull side thru hulls give her that clean and finished appearance.
- There are a few personal belonging still aboard the boat and they are excluded as well as any tools, fishing tackle, paper charts. Direct TV boxes may need to be returned when service is changed to a new account.
- A very comfortable fishing platform, this vessel offers a combination of performance, economy, and sea-ability. Incredible manuverability afforded by the pod drives and joystick ease of use. The skyhook dynamic positioning feature also opens many fishing possibilites as well as providing a safety factor in many situations. The boat is loaded with features yet has a relatively low maintenance exterior. A great opportunity to acquire a prime fishing machine at a young age. Transferrable engine warrantees and the GP Link system are a nice extra perk.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.