- 56 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
CARRY ON is a classic Steve Seaton design, built by Ross Yachts as a go anywhere long range trawler. At her displacement speed of 7.9 knots she has a 1,900 +/- mile range, with her 1,700 gallon fuel capacity. Slow her down to 6.5 knots and her range goes up to 3,000 NM. In 2009 she was repowered with a pair of ultra-reliable John Deere 148 hp., M1 rated, continuous duty diesels with only 2,300 hours of easy running time! (UNDER WARRANTY) With fore and aft staterooms, both with ensuite heads and showers, she has very comfortable accommodations for four. The open and airy salon, with pass through from the galley, provides a gathering place for all on board and does not interfere with the goings on in the pilothouse! Outside areas are very easy to maneuver and the flying bridge is set up for operations with numerous guests, so as not to be in the captain’s way.
CARRY ON is fitted with the best equipment for safe, comfortable long passages as well as all of the amenities for extended living in remote areas. This boat is the product of very knowledgeable owners who kept her in better than perfect condition at all times!
To fully appreciate this unique long range design, look at the videos, and then view her in person!
If cruising in “off the grid” uncrowded cruising areas is in your future plans, CARRY ON should be on your short list of proper designs to see.
A very well-known boat yard owner proclaimed “this is the boat that the others pretend to be”!
For more photos and detailed interior & exterior videos, please contact the listing broker!
- Main Salon Bright, airy salon is located aft of the galley midships, with a large pass through between. Finished with white Formica and varnished ash trim for a clean, classic look. Port side L-shaped sofa and rosewood inlaid dining/ coffee table with adjustable size and height allows comfortable dining for 6 people. Forward of sofa is a large built in desk with four drawers. Built in end table with drawers aft; stereo system in overhead cabinetry above table. Three built in, flush lockers under windows along starboard side provide deep storage. Two matching leather Ekornes Stressless reclining chairs with matching ottomans. Two matching straight back chairs for desk and dining table. Recessed lighting through main salon and galley provide daytime utility and intimate, dimmed lighting by night. Ice maker, Primary HVAC unit and TV located forward on starboard side. Second HVAC unit under settee which also serve the Aft Head. Two opening windows in main salon and aft door, all with removable screens. Steps aft lead up to aft deck and down to aft stateroom. Pilot House Entry from galley area up four steps or from port and starboard side decks via heavy, dogged doors which have removable screens. Comfortable, bright area with good all-around visibility. All instruments and controls within easy reach on formica and varnished ash trimmed console for efficient piloting. Daylight visible displays ensure good readability under all conditions. Two large lockers forward accommodate computer system and provide access to helm wiring, as well as ample storage for equipment. Additional hanging locker provides ready access to foul weather gear and life jackets. Large Ultra leather bench with footrest provides comfortable seating for four people and doubles as a watch berth. Overhead mounted stereo/CD player. Large chart drawer under upholstered bench. Removable bookcase above bench seating provides wiring access to underside of Flybridge console. Additional counter space on either side for other equipment. Two small opening windows with removable screens aft on port and starboard provide ventilation and a handy pass through up to the Flybridge console. Galley Located on the port side, forward of the main salon. Large work space above refrigeration units is finished with high gloss epoxied rosewood and ash, white Corian with decorative heat resistant tile inlays. Large capacity Grunert holding plate refrigeration (18 cu.ft.) and freezer (9 cu.ft.) provide ample space and long term temperature stability. Separate temperature gauges allow easy monitoring. Equipped with a microwave, double stainless steel sink with spray head and disposal, and a 3-burner Force 10 gas stove with oven (New May 2008). Crystal locker accommodates glassware and wine stems. Overhead lockers and bins, as well as numerous drawers provide ample storage space for tableware, cookware, linens and kitchen equipment. A tall locker provides accessible storage space for frequently used pantry items. A flush mounted spice rack provide easy access for the cook and is removable for wiring access. Opening window with removable screen above galley sink for the amusement of the cook or dishwasher. Across the galley passageway, starboard side, are the electrical distribution panels, the salon HVAC, TV and ice maker. Adjacent to the electrical panels is a locker containing the water maker controls. Pilot house access via steps with storage underneath. Access to the pump room via large opening hatch in the galley floor. Laundry Room and Pantry Conveniently located a few steps down from the galley just aft of the forward stateroom. Floor to ceiling shelving provides ample storage for pantry staples. Separate Miele washer and dryer (New Sept 2009). Large cedar lined closet across from the pantry with shelves and a hanging rod provides convenient and easily accessible storage for housekeeping items. Forward Stateroom Roomy and well lit guest stateroom with large double berth to port and a settee to starboard; the back of the settee lifts to create two sea berths, excellent for overnight passages. A small desk with bench provides a vanity table/ computer work surface. Drawers under the berth and settee, and four corner lockers above the berth and settee, as well as bins below the desk provide storage. Four opening stainless steel portlights with removable screens provide ventilation. HVAC unit (new Dec. 2012) under Port Berth which also serves the Forward Head. Forward Head Head is fitted with an electric, fresh water flush Raritan Crown II marine toilet with storage lockers above and deep lockers forward. White Corian trimmed with varnished ash, the sink area has additional storage above, below and forward. The ceramic stall shower is all the way forward with a deck escape hatch overhead that also supplies ventilation and abundant natural light. Additional natural light to the head is provided by an overhead deck prism. Aft Stateroom Airy, private and comfortable space for reading, watching TV and sleeping. The owners’ stateroom is all the way aft, with comfortable and proper sea berths port and starboard. Outboard of the berths is varnished white ash ceiling to compliment the classic white Formica and varnished ash trim. Bookcases at the foot of each berth provide shelving for books, manuals and CDs. Large built in bureau between the berths has 8 drawers and also houses the HVAC unit. There are 2 large drawers beneath the starboard berth; the aft holding tank is beneath the port berth. The TV/ DVD player is housed in varnished ash cabinetry over the center of the bureau. Two overhead hatches provide light, ventilation and emergency egress. Aft Head Located forward of the port berth with electric, fresh water flush Raritan Crown II marine toilet and Corian sink trimmed in varnished ash with large storage area underneath. Extra deep mirrored cabinet for storage of sundries, paper goods and towels. Ceramic stall shower. Opening port light with decorative etched glass for privacy provides ventilation and natural light. Flybridge Accessed by stairs from the aft deck, the flybridge provides a steering console centrally located forward with helm, engine instruments, engine and steering controls and navigation and communication equipment. Sliding windows that provide all weather ventilation to the pilot house serve as pass through ports from the pilot house. Flybridge forward bench accommodates 4 people comfortably, also housing 3 each 30 lb propane tanks underneath, with additional storage space on the starboard side. Just aft of the forward bench is an aft facing bench, then a large teak table with drop down leaves. Facing forward to the teak table is another upholstered bench above an air cooled Frigibar refrigerator/ freezer. Aft on the port side is a slide out drawer with "Tec Cherokee" gas grill. New canvas 03/13 The steering station and forward bench are covered by a large Sunbrella dodger (new 03/13) with stainless steel bows. An awning (new 03/13) which is easily attached keeps the entire flybridge table and seating area cool and shady. The dry exhaust structure doubles as support for the outriggers and the bridge between them provides a platform for lights, whip antennas, TV antenna, radar antenna and reflectors.
- House 12 Volt DC Electrical System Five each 8D Lifeline AGM batteries (1100 amp-hours) new 2008. Magnum Energy remote battery management panel in Galley passageway [New May 2010]. WPS Model 8329N 160 amp alternator [New May 2011] mounted on Starboard engine. Heart Interface Incharge 3 stage external regulator. Redundant charging via battery combiners from all other charging systems (fully automatic). Parallel switching for engine starting or emergency house power. Volt and amp meters main destitution panel and Pilothouse console. Shore power Inlets both Port and Starboard, U.S. and Euro. Electronics 12 Volt DC Electrical System Three each 8D Lifeline AGM batteries (660 amp-hours) new May 2008. Redundant charging via battery combiners from all other charging systems (fully automatic). WPS Model 8329N 160 amp alternator [New May 2011] mounted on Port Engine. Heart Interface Incharge 3 stage external regulator. Volt and amp meters Pilothouse console. 120/240 Volt Electrical System Northern Lights M854 B/HE/20N, 20Kw Genset with soft sound shield (5,782 hrs. 12/11/12). Northern Lights M843NK.3-12KW, 12Kw Genset with soft sound shield (3,013 hrs. 12/11/12). Magnum MS2812 MagnaSine 2800VA Pure Sine Wave Inverter in House battery system with 125 amp battery charger [New Nov 2009]. ProNautica C3 Model 1240, 40-amp electronics battery charger (new 03/13). ProSine Pure Sine Wave 1000-watt inverter in Electronics battery system with remote panel. 50 amp, 25 ft. Shore Power Cord with a variety of adapters. 50 amp U.S and 50 amp International shore power outlets on both Port and Starboard sides. 120/240 volt AC Source Selection Panel with frequency, voltage and amp meters and reverse polarity indicator: (1) 20Kw Genset, (2) 12 Kw Genset, (3) U.S. Shore Power, (4) International Shore Power. 120/240 volt AC Distribution Panel with 28 circuit breakers.
- Electronics and Navigation
- Northstar 951 XDW Wass receiver. Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS [New Nov 2008]. Magellan GPS 3000 with external power and remote antenna mounted at chart table. Milltech Smart Radio SR161 AIS Receiver [New May 2008]. Simrad AP20 autopilot interfaced to GPS and computer systems with remote control at Flybridge steering station. Furuno Model 7112 12 KW Radar with Furuno C-2000 Heading Sensor. B&G depth and speed displays at both the Pilothouse and Flybridge steering stations. KVH Azimuth 314 digital compass at Pilothouse steering station. Autohelm ST-30 wind speed and direction displays both in Pilothouse and over owners berth with Autohelm Rotavecta wind sensor. Autohelm compass with display over the owners berth. Raymarine E-120 Multi-Function Displays at both the Pilothouse and Flybridge steering stations [New Nov 2008]. Raymarine DSM300 Digital Sounder (Fish & Bottom Finder) displayed on both E-120s [New Nov 2008]. Four video cameras (one aft facing on aft antenna platform, one in Pump Room and two in Engine Room) displayed on Pilothouse E-120 [New Nov 2008]. Navionics Digital Charts: CF/1XG All US & Northern Bahamas, CF905P US mid Atlantic & Canyons, CF/906PP US Southeast & Bahamas, CF/926PP Bahamas SE, displayed on both E-120s [New Nov 2008]. Rayline 10” Electric Remote Control Searchlight, Model 41120-2110 with remote controls at both Pilothouse and Flybridge steering stations. Danforth Constellation 6” Steering Compass at the Pilothouse helm. Danforth Constellation 4” Steering Compass at the Flybridge helm. Communication Electronics ICOM IC-M602 Marine VHF Radio Transceiver at Pilothouse steering station with remote microphone at the Flybridge steering station. ICOM IC-M504 Marine VHF Radio Transceiver at Flybridge steering station with remote microphone at the Pilothouse steering station. ICOM M700 Marine SSB Radiotelephone Transceiver at Pilothouse steering station. Kahlenberg Model D-1 dual-tone air horns mounted on Pilothouse roof. Signalmate Automated Horn Controller at Pilothouse steering station with manual button at Flybridge steering station [New May 2008]. Steering and Engine Control John Deere/ FW Murphy Helmview 1000 Engine Instrumentation at both steering stations [New Nov 2009]. FW Murphy XM500 with transducers for Transmission Pressure display on Helmview 1000 at both steering stations [New Oct 2010]. Teleflex Hynautic Dual Station, Twin Engine Shifters and Throttles. 24” Destroyer Wheels at Pilothouse and Flybridge. Wagner Type N Dual Station Hydaulic Steering. Rudder Angle Indicators at both steering stations. Computer Network Gateway SX2800 Transceiver-01 Small Form Factor PC with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 GHz DDR2, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, HDMI, Windows 7 [New Feb 2010]. Apple Airport Extreme Model A1354 wireless router [New Feb 2010] Samsung SyncMaster 570S 15 LCD monitor fixed mounted over chart table. Rogue Wave WiFi Bridge mounted on aft Antenna Platform [New Feb 2010]. Samsung CLP-310, Color Laser Printer [New Jan 2010]. Rose Point Coastal Explorer Navigation software [New Feb 2010]. NMEA data ports Salon desk and Pilothouse helm station Entertainment Electronics Sharp flat screen TV with Sony DVD player Main Salon. Panasonic flat screen TV with integral DVD player in Aft Stateroom. Pioneer DEH-P4600MP AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereos Main Salon and Pilothouse with remote controls. Pioneer CDX-P680 6-disk CD changer in Main Salon with remote control. DC Gold Audio speakers recessed in salon and pilothouse overheads. Shakespeare Broadcast TV antenna on the Aft Antenna Platform [New Apr 2010]. KVH Tracvision G4 satellite TV system (no current subscription). Sony Satellite Receiver SAT-A50, SAT-B50 [Account#35480597; Mailgroup Code 290 908 201; Salon Card #0021 7673 4966; Salon Satellite A5O Box S/N 8061627 SAT 850, Aft Stateroom Card #0021 7673 4495, Satellite A5S Box s/n 8022708].
- Engine and Mechanical
- Port (2,384.7hrs) and Starboard (2,357.1 hrs)Main Engines: John Deere 6068TFM75/M1 148 hp.; [New Nov 2009]. (Extended Warranty until Nov. 2014 or 3000 hrs. total time.) John Deere electronic engine synchronization [New Nov 2009]. Deka 1231MF Cranking Battery for 20 kw Genset, 1125 CCA @ 0 degrees F Optima AGM 2012 Red Top cranking batteries (Main Engine and 12kw Genset) 800 CCA @ 0 degrees F (New Nov. 2012) Port and Starboard Twin Disc 507-1 1.98:1 reduction gears. Main engines are cooled by two Fernstrum grid coolers and have dry exhaust stacks. Four integral diesel fuel tanks with sight glasses. Diesel Fuel Tank Selection Manifold. Dual Algae-X Fuel Filters. Dual RCI Water/Sludge Filters with remote sensor gauges mounted in Galley Passageway. Two Redundant, Switchable Racor Filters/Water Separators for Main Engines with remote sensor gauges mounted in Galley Passageway. Two Walbro Electric Fuel Priming Pumps for main Engines. Three Racor Closed Crankcase Ventilators one on each main Engine [New Nov 2009] and one on 12Kw Genset [New Oct 2008]. Two Delta “T”, 9” axial air intake fans. An 8” exhaust blower [New Feb 2011]. Six overhead lighting fixtures, each with two compact florescent lamps. Groco MX Oil Change Pump with 3-Port Manifold serving 2 Main Engines and 12 KW Genset [Pump New May 2011]. Three Groco Hydromatic Model 970-1500 self-cleaning sea water strainers, one for each of the two Gensets and one for the raw water feed to the water maker. 15 gallon FRP tank molded integral gray water sump with a 12 volt Jabsco discharge pump and auto switch governed by a latching relay. Both generators have wet exhaust systems with water injection elbows at the exhaust manifold, water lift mufflers and exhaust thru the transom. Two 25x16 bronze propellers tuned to ISO 484 class I [MAR 2012]. Two 2" Stainless Steel Shafts. Two PYI PSS Packless Shaft Seals [New Nov 2009]. Two Spurs size “E” Line Cutters. 2" Jabsco emergency bilge pump, clutch/belt driven by Starboard Engine with pick up in Pump Room bilge. Pump Room Mechanical 63 GPH Sea Recovery Reverse Osmosis FF Whisper Series Water maker with permanently installed servicing components. Two redundant Groco “PSR” Paragon Senior Automatic Fresh Water Pumps [one New Feb 2009] with fresh water manifold supplied by two fresh water tanks. Two Amtrol Well-X-Trol Professional Pre-pressurized Water Pressure accumulator tanks. Grunert Refrigeration Compressor and Control Box. Grunert Air Cooling Unit on refrigeration compressor [New Nov 2011]. Two, Redundant March LC-3CP-MD 2 Refrigeration Cooling Water Pumps [New ar 2010] with strainer and pump transfer manifold. Cooling water manifold that supplies five HVAC units and provides backup cooling for the refrigeration compressor is supplied by three redundant pumps supplied by two redundant strainers. Two Baldor Reliance JL3506A Raw Water Pumps [New May 2010]. One Oberdorfer 109MB-J19 Raw Water Pump with Century AC Motor [New Mar 2010]. Two Groco Hydromatic Model 970-1500 self-cleaning sea water strainers, one Port and one Starboard for selectable, redundant supply of raw water to the cooling manifold. 12 Gal. Raritan Marine Electric 1700 Series hot water heater [New 10/2010]. Two Rule 2000 gph electric bilge pumps with Ultra UPS-1 Bilge Pump Switches and high water alarm gong behind Pilothouse bookcase. 45 gallon FRP tank molded integral gray water sump with a 12 volt Jabsco discharge pump and auto switch governed by a latching relay. Groco MX Oil Change Pump serving 20 KW Genset [New May 2011]. Coleman Powermate 3/4 HP Air Compressor for horns.
- Maxwell Nilsson VC1200 anchor windless is on the foredeck with foot controls on deck and a remote control at the Pilothouse wheel. Chain Locker accessed from Foredeck through a Freeman hatch. 100 lb. Manson Plow working anchor with 250 ft of 3/8 G4 anchor chain in bow roller. Fortress FX55 aluminum anchor carried in chocks on the fore deck with 20 feet of chain and 200 ft of plaited nylon rode on an elevated shelf within the anchor locker. large Lazarette accessed through a Freeman hatch on the Aft Deck. 150 lb. Paul Luke Yachtsman storm anchor in Lazarrette. 60 lb. Danforth anchor in Lazarrette. Maxwell Nilsson warping drum with foot control on the aft deck. Six 15” Stainless Steel Cleats and Four 12” Stainless Steel Cleats. Six 7/8" Double Braided Black Nylon Dock Lines: 2 each 40 ft., 2 each 30 ft. with black ballistic nylon Chafe Gear, 2 each 20 ft. with black ballistic nylon Chafe Gear [New Feb 2011]. Six 15” x 41” Polyform Fenders each with a Black Polyform cover and two 7/16" x 8 ft. Fender Whips, with 6" eyes [New Feb 2011]. Large Foredeck Locker accessed through two Freemen hatches for storage of mooring gear. A raised counter on the aft deck contains a sink with spray head and two drawers for storage of small deck tools and a large locker. Avon 3.40 RIB tender (2000) with 25 hp Mercury electric-start outboard motor in custom deck chocks. Running lights installed on Avon RIB [New Apr 2011]. Nautical Structures electric dinghy davit. Recessed fresh water and salt water wash down hose bibs on both fore deck and aft deck. 1¼” Stainless Steel Stanchions and Pulpits. 3/16" Uncoated 1x19 Type 316 Stainless Steel Lifelines [New Dec 2010]. Two Outriggers with Paravane stabilizers and rigging [New Jun 2008]. Lewmar 46 self-tailing winch for outrigger retrieval [New Jun 2008]. Secondary Stainless Steel Paravane Storage Fixtures Port & Starboard [New Nov 2009]. Spare Paravane with halyard wire in Lazarette. Emergency tiller in Lazarette. Two Rule 3500 gph pumps with auto port and starboard in Lazarette bilge. 8” Bronze Bell on Flybridge for anchor watch signals. Custom Aluminum Boarding Ladder. Large teak swim platform with fold-down ladder. Two Aft Deck Flood Lights. Four Courtesy Lights: one adjacent to each of Pilothouse doors, one over aft door and one over aft deck sink. Bimini Oyster White Sunbrella (new 03/13) Cover, white Dacron Searchlight. Cover, white Dacron Upper Helm. Cover, white Dacron Forward Bench Seats. Cover, white Dacron Table. Cover, white Dacron Aft Bench Seat/Refer. Awning, Oyster White Dacron After Fly Bridge (new 03/13). Awning, white Dacron After Deck. Cover, Oyster white Sunbrella, Avon RIB (new 03/13). Cover, white Dacron Davit Winch.
- Safety Equipment
- EPIRB: ACR GlobalFix 406 MHz RLB-35. Fireboy-Xintex Series 3000, 5000 & 8000 Halon Series II - Halon 1301 Automatic Extinguishing and Engine Shutdown Systems with Halon cylinders located in Engine Room, Pump Room and under console in Pilothouse (Inspected & certified 03/13). Four hand-held Fire Extinguishers stored in brackets throughout vessel (inspected & certified 03/13). Family Guard GCD1 Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm. First Alert Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm. Emergency flares and signaling devices. Life Vest, 2 each, Omega Gran Prix Model GP-40 Type III PDF , Adult Small (Chest 28”-34”). Life Vest, 3 each, Omega Gran Prix Model GP-50 Type III PDF, Adult Medium (Chest 34”-38”). Life Vest, 2 each, Omega Gran Prix Model GP-60 Type III PDF, Adult Large (Chest 40”-44”). Life Vest, 2 each, Kent Model 3A Type III PDF, Adult Universal (Chest 30”-52”). Life Vest, 4 each, Kent Model KF Type II PDF, Adult Universal (Chest 30”-52”). Horseshoe life ring on fly bridge aft.
- Domestic Equipment
- Force 10 model 63351, Gimballed, 3-burner Gas Stove [New May 2008]. Hood: Rangaire H833/H835/H837. Marinetics 580 Gas Control Solenoid Valve with Control Panel-581. Amana Radarange Plus Model RMC 720 Microwave Convection Oven. TEC Cherokee CH10SS Grill on Flybridge. Three 30 lb. Aluminum Propane tanks with regulators. Ten opening portlights provide cross ventilation in all staterooms and living areas. Four deck hatches, three opening windows and three deck doors for ventilation and egress. All ten opening ports, three opening windows, four hatches and three doors have removable insect screening. Five Marine Air HVAC units—Wheelhouse 12k BTU, Fwd Cabin 12k BTU, Main Salon Starboard 16k BTU, Main Salon Port & Aft Head 12k BTU, Aft Stateroom 12k BTU]. Two Groco GM-50 Holding Tank Level Displays with Alarms and Groco 450 Sensor Assemblies [one of each New Oct 2011]. Ceramic window tinting on all Main Salon, Galley and Galley Passageway windows [New Dec 2011]. Sunbrella stripped seat and back cushions on Flybridge. Three pairs of Weems & Plath Clock & Barometer in polished brass cases. Window curtains in Main Salon and Galley. Portlight curtains in Forward and Aft Staterooms.
- Broker Comments
- CARRY ON is a classic Steve Seaton design, built by Ross Yachts as a go anywhere long range trawler. At her displacement speed of 7.9 knots she has a 1,900 +/- mile range, with her 1,700 gallon fuel capacity. Slow down to 6.5 knots and her range goes up to 3,000 NM. CARRY ON was repowered in 2009 with a pair of ultrareliable John Deere continuous duty diesels. She has very comfortable accommodations for six and the open and airy salon, with pass through from the galley, provides a gathering place for all on board and does not interfere with the goings on in the pilothouse! CARRY ON is fitted with the best equipment for safe, comfortable long passages as well as all of the amenities for extended living in remote areas. This boat is the product of very knowledgeable owners who kept her in better than perfect condition at all times! If "off the grid" cruising areas is in your future plans, CARRY ON should be on your short list of proper designs to see. A very well-known boat yard owner proclaimed "this is the boat that the other pretend to be!"
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Steve Deane email@example.com (954)224-4572 or Marc Thomas (410)991-0939 firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details. Click Here for VIRTUAL TOURS: https://360.sc/DFWPWCM