- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
4 cabin/ 2 head layout. This Norseman is unique in that it is one of the only Norseman models built by Robertson & Caine, well-known for the manufacture of Leopard catamarans, and designed by Alexander Simonis.
Kwalu is a fast, performance-minded cruising catamaran with major racing history in South Africa.
- Layout and Accommodations
- Four cabin/ two head layout with raised cabins facing forward/aft. Hanging lockers and loads of storage in cabins. Aft cabin also features a settee. Heads have separate shower compartments. Salon has new Lexan windows forward and sides (2008). New upholstery in Salon (2011)
- Galley-UP and to port with a comfortable full U-shaped design and tons of counter space. Features: Double stainless steel sink Samsung microwave 2 burner 110V stove 12V fridge and freezer, water cooled system Large storage cabinets Under seat storage in salon
- Deck and Equipment
- Removable cockpit table 9' West Marine tender with 8hp Yamaha (6) cockpit lockers (2) deck lockers forward 2" x 2" nylon webbing trampoline S/S davits S/S swim ladder S/S stanchions and life lines Delta anchor with chain and 300ft. of rode Fortress anchore with 200ft. of rode White aluminum cross beam Lewmar low profile deck hatches
- Electronics and Navigation
- Furuno WAAS GPS, GP32 Raymarine tridata ST60 at nav. station E120 Raymarine navigation system (new 2009) Icom SSB M800 radio Icom VHF ICM56 (4) separate Pioneer stereo/cassette (one in ea. cabin) Pioneer CD/stereo with (2) speakers in salon, (2) in cockpit At helm: Davis Perception II for weather B & G network autopilot ST60 Tridata ST60 wind ST60 plus multi graphic display (new May 2008) Compass Remote windlass control
- Electrical and Power
- 110V shore power system, New 2008 Xantrex Inverter/charger 3kW, 30amp charge, 12V DC/110V AC Freshwater system with water heater, 110V and heated from engine Full power converter from 220V to 110V, all new wiring (2) 12V batteries G-27 (4) 8D, New May 2008 12V water pump 12V lighting throughout 110V power outlets
- Engine and Mechanical
- (2) Yanmar diesel engines, 18HP, 3000 hrs est.(June 2008) New engine start batteries (2011) Double engine throttles S/S Destroyer wheel Simpson Lawrence electric windlass, 12V 12V bilge pumps (2) Whale manual bilge pumps
- Sails and Rigging
- Double purchase main halyard (2) Genoa halyards Spinnaker halyard Staysail halyard Genoa: new UV strips, 120% roller furling, Facnor furling system 140% Genoa (2) Spinnakers North Sails stack pak Double ended main sheet S/S steps on mast Lewmar Traveler aft deck Double head stay for hank-on jib Storm Jib hank-on (6) Lewmar winches
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics, and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawl from market without notice.
- Please contact Brian Hermann for additional information and photos: Mobile 954.993.4195 Office 954.525.7637 Email email@example.com