- 65 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
SHELL CRACKER has more volume both in her exterior and interior than most other 65’ long range cruisers and additional speed when required with her 705hp Caterpillar C-12’s. Easily handled by a cruising couple with her bow and stern thrusters and handheld remote controls with three plug ins that allow for their use from any area of the yacht. One of the largest yachts built to traverse the Great Circle Route with bridge clearance of 19’. With less than 1000 hours on her main engines and generators, SHELL CRACKER offers many years of trouble free cruising to a new owner.
- WALK THROUGH
- SHELL CRACKER was built specifically to allow the yacht to cruise the Great Circle Route. Her hinged arch allows her to pass under bridges of 19’. The larger 705hp C-12 Caterpillar engines, without the weight and wind age of the standard hardtop on the 65’ Outer Reef series, also allow for cruising speeds when required between 16-17 knots, and a top speed in excess of 18 knots, although cruising in the 8-10 knot range will offer excellent economy and range. The master with King berth has hanging lockers, drawers, and a walk in hanging locker equal to yachts in excess of 80’, the Vip has a queen with ensuite head, and the port guest stateroom has an almost queen berth lower and upper berth above & ensuite head. Bow and stern thrusters allow easy maneuverability for a cruising couple, and her heavily built hull construction and design with stabilizers offer a dry and stable ride in rough seas. The underwater exhaust system with bypass, and substantial insulation allow for quiet cruising. Sporting the largest flybridge of any 65’ yacht series, there are two Stidd helm chairs and substantial exterior seating, and for entertaining a full size grill, wet bar, and fridge/icemaker, and custom 15’ tender. The stand up 6’ height engine room, offers good access to her main engines, twin 16kw generators, Chilled Water Air Conditioning system, and many other systems. An extended swim platform eases boarding and access to a large stand up lazarette with substantial storage through a watertight transom door, and from the swim platform steps on the port and starboard side lead to a covered aft deck with teak decks built in seating, custom teak table, and wet bar cabinet with icemaker/fridge and storage. The entire yachts interior has beautiful teak and holly floors and on entering the salon through double doors from the aft deck, there is a large flat screen TV and entertainment center housed in a custom built cabinetry and bar forward, built in couch to port and three comfortable oversized chairs. The galley with extended granite counters adjoins the salon and has additional space as specified during the build between the galley appliances, which include dual dishwasher drawers, an LP gas oven and stove top to port, and full size full height pantrys on other side of the GE Fridge/Freezer with shelves that pull out and lock in place when underway. A wine cooler and storage are built in as you move forward from the galley to a very spacious Pilothouse. The well instrumented Polothouse, also housing the 12/24/120/240 volt electrical panels has a Stidd helm seat and built in L- shaped seating with teak table. The Pilothouse has port and starboard Dutch doors, which lead out to covered walkways, and forward to a large foredeck with built in seating. Stainless handrails above the fiberglass bulwarks allow for easy movement of fenders, and with no exterior teak on her side decks, bow or flybridge, a lot less maintenance to deal with.
- CONSTRUCTION GENERAL
- Hand laid-up FRP hull, with pvc core sandwich construction above water line and vinylester barrier lamination for osmosis protection Hand laid-up FRP deck/house and flybridge with pvc rigid foam sandwich construction Full length longitudinal engine stringers and athwartship stringers Windows with 3/8" tempered glass in salon, 1/2" tempered in pilothouse Rub rails with stainless steel capping Bilge area finished smooth and coated with bright white epoxy paint Built-in swim platform with stainless steel swim ladder and rails Quiet Roll™ integrated spray rail system
- INTERIOR IN GENERAL
- Granite countertop in galley (including backsplash) and heads w/ white kohler under mount sinks, model 2209w. Drawers finished with formica, including guides and steps. Faucet in galley sink - Grohe Europlus II pull-out chrome spray, model 33 939 000 Faucet in head sinks - center set chrome Grohe Chiara model 33 148 Grohe Relexa plus chrome pulsator hand shower w/24" shower bar, hose & soap dish, model 28 649 000 Hanging lockers with automatic lighting. Headliner - removable foam backed vinyl. Light valance in salon and staterooms. L-shaped settee in salon with 5" foam seats. Reading lights in master stateroom, Cantalupi chrome, model queen Reading lights in VIP, guest & crew staterooms, Cantalupi chrome model VIP Salon to include: entertainment center, (1) free standing coffee table & (1) end table. Satin varnish on interior teak. Shower lighting - Cantalupi Luisella 155/20 S/S. Shower wall panel is Off-white FRP. (1)Stidd helm seat, model 500-xl, low back luxury admiral w/chrome base & ultra, ultraleather upholstery. Teak and holly cabin sole at galley, pilothouse and heads. Teak cabin doors and cabinet doors. Teak framed mirrors. Teak veneer panel/vinyl coverings on bulkhead. U-Line Wine Cooler. GE LP Gas Range GE Advantium Microwave & Oven (2) Fisher Paykel drawer dishwasher GE Profile double door fridge Bosch washer and dryer (2) ACR spot lights - remote controls Dutch doors in pilothouse both port and stbd Full height mirror in master stateroom New tiles floors in all showers May 2012 Optional 2nd warning panel for bilge and running lights installed in master by king birth. Drop down for TV in headliner in VIP (TV not installed)
- Wet bar with storage and BBQ grill behind seats. Large built in storage cabinet to port and fride and ice maker. Davit - Brower systems 1600 lb. Exclusive Deluxbridge™, full beam width all the way fwd. above the pilothouse.. 6 person RFD survival raft (survey complete May 2012) Additional life ring Custom Bimini (2) 20lb propane tanks Instrument console molded FRP Folding radar arch FRP. Safety rails - S/S on flybridge/boat deck. Sliding hatch and stairs down to pilothouse. Hatch and ladder to aft deck. Steering wheel S/S Destroyer. (2) Stidd helm seat, model 500-200, low back admiral w/powder coated base & naugahyde. Sunbrella ® furniture fabric for flybridge cushions. Venturi windscreen with stainless steel grab rails. Custom supports for radar arch in lower position for bridge clearence.
- EXTERIOR IN GENERAL
- Aft deck bench seat with storage beneath, FRP Anchor - 75 lb C.Q.R. type plow w/ 300 feet 3/8" ht chain. Anchor chute/roller - single S/S at bow. Bottom: two (2) coats of black antifouling paint over five (5) coats of epoxy primer. Deck: white gelcoat with white color non-skid. Exterior lighting, Cantalupi model # "Luisella 155/20 S/S" Gate doors at fore, side and aft deck, FRP. Handrail - S/S on top of buwalk on port side, stbd side and potugues. Hatch - S/S framed plexi-glass on fore deck. Hatches - flush FRP over chain locker. Hawser holes - (8) S/S w/cleats. Hull & deck house side: white color gelcoat. PCM watertight doors on both sides of pilothouse and transom Portlights - S/S framed tempered glass with screens. Safety package: U.S. coast guard safety package included. (2) Searchlight - ACR model RCL-100D (24v dc) with remote and dual station controls Maxwell VWC-3500c (24v) vertical windlass w/ foot switches on fore deck and remote controls for dual stations. Stainless steel railings on main deck. Stairway built-in to port and stbd side from aft to swim platform Sunbrella ® furniture fabric for aft deck and portuguese seats. Swim ladder on swim platform is S/S and removable. U-rails - 1 1/2" removable S/S on swim platform. Teak on aft deck Wet bar cabinet (fridge, ice maker, sink) on aft deck (4) Teak chairs Built in spot lights 15' custom tender Tohatsu 40hp Waxed May 2013
- ENGINES AND MECHANICAL
- Twin Caterpillar C-12 (705 mhp) diesel engines w/ ZF transmissions (2) and electronics instruments for dual stations. Generators - Northern Lights pairing (2) 16kw w/sound shields. Port Generator hours 1190, Stbd Generator hours 1198. Side-Power SM220TCi 15.5hp (24v) bow thruster - electric w/dual station controls and two (2) AGM 8dl-255 ah batteries. Side-Power SP-240TC 15HP (24V) electric stern thruster A/C - 230v chilled water air conditioning system. ABT "trac" 220 stabilizers w/6.0 sq. ft. fins Ball-valve bronze seacocks on all through-hulls below waterline. Emergency tiller Evolution anti vibration system with soft engine mounts Fiberglass drip pans under engines Fuel transfer pump Groco 24v model no. SPO80r . Glendinning engine controls for dual stations Teleflex hydraulic steering system for dual stations Exhaust - Northern Lights uplift water system Oil change pump for engines and generators - One (1) Racor 75/1000 max dual fuel filters for main engines (2) Racor 75/1000 max single fuel filters for generators (2). Second dripless shaft bearing Stainless steel prop shafts (2) and (2) bronze propellers. Stainless steel rudders with bearings Stainless steel struts with bearings Tides packless shaft seals with one (1) spare seal for each shaft Under water exhaust system w/bypass and FRP mufflers. Diesel Tech fuel polishers. Fireboy clean agent system
- Raymarine E120 MFD Network Display (lower & helm) Raymarine DSM 300 Sounder Module (lower help) Raymarine SEATALK (lower helm) Raymarine ST 8002+ S3G, Type 2 HYD single station autopilot with two hydraulic (lower helm) Raymarine ST 60+ Depth Display (lower & upper helm) Raymarine G&E series 4kw pedestal HD (hard top) Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS Sensor (hard top) ICON Command Mic III (upper helm) Newmar Hailer horn 60/40 (hard top) Sharp LCD 42" LCD bottom speakers (salon) Bose LS-18 120V Region (salon) Concord DLO Home Dock Pro (salon) DIRECTV HD DSS Receiver (salon & master) XANTECH 6 way distribution AMP (salon, feeds pilothouse & flybridge) Bose SA-2 Stereo AMP 120V (salon, feeds aft deck & bow) Pollyplanar MA 6900 speakers 6x9 / 400watts (aft deck, bow) Pollyplanar MRD 60 AM/FM/CD (pilothouse & flybridge helm) Sharp LCD 32" HD LCD RS 232 1080P (master) Toshiba 19" LCD TV/DVD combo (VIP & guest) Rear camera from flybridge to Aft
- ENGINE ROOM
- Acoustically insulated, lined with sound absorbing material. Edura coin dot flooring in engine room. Fireboy fire suppression system including both intake and outlet air shutdown system with aluminum louvers. Fresh water faucet. Lights - 115v ac fluorescent and 24v dc Outlets - 115v ac gf with water proof cover. Sea chests Shelves for parts and optional equipments. Stainless steel safety rails in engine room. Two watertight bulkheads. Watertight aluminum engine room doors w/sight windows.
- Work bench and storage shelves to port Storage lockers Aft. Storage cabinet and large built in tool box stbd. (6) Rod holders Scuba tank storage stbd aft corner in cabinet folding dive ladder.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Main electric distribution panel with gauges and circuit breakers for 230/115v ac and 24/12v dc system (ac panel can be used with either 50 amps or 100 amps). Accessible wiring raceway throughout. Batteries in FRP boxes : a. Two (2) engine banks w/two (2) AGM 8d-204ah batteries for each bank. b. Two (2) house banks w/ two (2) AGM 8d-204ah batteries for each bank. c. Two (2) generator banks w/one (1) AGM 30h-105ah battery each. Battery chargers - one (1) 24v and one (1) 12v . Battery isolators two (2) . Blowers in engine room - two (2) 115v ac and two (2) 24v dc Blowers for head ventilation - three (3) 24v dc Converter - 24v dc to 12v dc. Compasses - Two (2) Danforth 5" magnetic. Copper bonding system to all underwater fittings with zinc anodes. Electrical outlets - 115v ac throughout, gf outlets for heads and exterior. Engine battery interconnection system. Glendinning 50 amp cablemaster w/75' of cable on transom Inlet for TV/cable, phone on transom. Inverter - Trace 4kw (24v dc to 115v ac). Isolation transformers - two (2) 50 amp Kahlenburg D-OA dual-trumpet air horn with compressor. Lights - 24v dc Chart light Lights - 24v dc courtesy/step lights throughout and automatic in wardrobe. Lights - 24v dc overhead halogen fixtures throughout. Lights - 24v dc rope style valance at salon and staterooms. Lights for engine room - 115v ac fluorescent and 24v dc Lights - Aqua Signal navigation set of five (5) Shaft brushes in engine room - two (2) . Shore power inlet, 50 amp, on aft deck. Shoreline power transfer rotary switches. Windshield wipers - three (3) "Exalto" dual speed self parking w/wash down system. (10) LED underwater lights
- PLUMBING & TANKAGE
- Bilge high water alarm system with warning panel at pilothouse. Bilge pump in engine room - One (1) manual . Bilge pumps - Four (4) automatic 24v dc and emergency bilge suction on engine. Cleanout and sight gauge for tanks. Faucets - Grohe single level mixing taps for sinks at galley, head and shower. Fresh water faucet in engine room. Fresh water pump, Headhunter model XR-124, w/accumulator tank, 24v dc . Fuel manifold system S/S (supply & return). Fuel tanks - three (3) aluminum, total capacity 2000 gallons. Holding tank (100 gallons) FRP with macerator pump Rigid fresh water pipes and color cord copper fuel lines. Shore water inlet on transom. Shower pumps - two (2) automatic 24v dc Tank gauge for fuel and water tanks. Toilets - Three (3) Tecma electric marine with y-valves and sanitary hose for all discharge plumbing, model 508 white Transom shower in recessed box w/ hot & cold supply. Wash down outlets fresh water on fore deck, aft deck and f/b. Wash down salt water pump w/ outlet on foredeck Water heater w/heat exchanger 115v ac 20 gallons. Water tank (capacity: 400 gallons) - Stainless steel
- BROKER'S REMARKS
- SHELL CRACKER has more volume both in her exterior and interior than most other 65’ long range cruisers and additional speed when required with her 705hp Caterpillar C-12’s. Easily handled by a cruising couple with her bow and stern thrusters and handheld remote controls with three plug ins that allow for their use from any area of the yacht. One of the largest yachts built to traverse the Great Circle Route with bridge clearance of 19’. With less than 1000 hours on her main engines and generators, SHELL CRACKER offers many years of trouble free cruising to a new owner.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.