This very well equipped Farr 40 has an excellent record. A more than complete sail inventory is included and plenty of spares! Catagory 2 Offshore Equipment and many other extras. If you want to have fun racing the FAR NIENTE is the ready to go!
The deck was stripped to bare fiberglass and repainted in January 2011, this is also when the vinyl wrap graphics were applied. It was converted to tiller steering in September 2011. The epoxy bottom was done when it was last hauled out April 2012, the boat has been out of the water since then. The owner unfortunately has no time to campaign the boat and is looking for offers.
- Hull/ Deck Construction
- Construction is detailed in foam core with vacuum-bagged E-glass-reinforced skins. Rudder has a carbon stock and shell. Internal moldings combine with bulkheads and composite frames to provide a sturdy and serviceable interior. Cast iron fin - Lead bulb Tiller Steering Aluminum Grid For Mast Support & Keel Attachment Epoxy Race Bottom (Sprayed With Pro Line 3066 April 2012)
- Interior Layout
- Interior layout was kept clean and simple while still providing the basic elements for long distance work. A full private head forward, saloon with galley and centrally located navigation station aft make the boat ocean racing ready. The cabin was sized in excess of minimum IMS requirements to give the boat a spacious feeling for those who would choose to do limited cruising and to provide a reasonable area for after race gatherings. 4 lower tilting berths with cushions and a sit down navigation station on centerline. Port & Starboard Main Saloon Settees Forepeak Open for Sail Storage Marine Head with Holding Tank and Y-valve Wash basin with Pressure Water Removable Engine Enclosure
- Minimal Racing Galley 3 Burner Sea Swing Stove Sink with Pressure Water Storage Lockers Trash Bin Ice box
- 12V DC Distribution Panel with Circuit Breakers 2- 12V 105AH Deep Cycle Marine Batteries Main Battery Selector Switch 110V Battery Charger 80 Amp Alternator on Engine 12 volt electrical panel ORC Approved Navigation Lights Red and White Dome Lights
- Electronics & Navigation
- Full Ockam Instrumentation Package with 4 Large Mast Displays Carbon Wand Extension for Masthead Wind Instruments Panasonic Toughbook CF-VDW07 Tablet with Deckman Software Lenovo IBM Thinkpad R61 Laptap Computer Raymarine Tiller Autopilot Garmin 545 GPS Garmin 76cx Handheld GPS West Marine Handheld VHF w/ Charger Stand West Marine Onboard VHF Radio AM/FM/CD Stereo with 2 Deck Speakers EPIRB Speed & Depth Transducer Pack 12V Outlet at Nav Station Suunto Deck Compass Navigation Table Power Inverter
- Sail Inventory
- #1 Jib Quantum 2011 #1 Jib Quantum 2010 #1 Jib Quantum 2011 #2 Jib Quantum 2010 #2 Jib Quantum 2011 #3 Jib Quantum 2010 #4 Class Jib North 2007 Light Staysail Quantum 2010 Storm Jib Quantum 2010 Storm Trysail Quantum 2010 Mainsail Quantum 2011 Mainsail Quantum 2010 Mainsail Quantum 2009 1oz Spinnaker Quantum 2011 1oz Spinnaker Quantum 2010 1.5oz Spinnaker Quantum 2011 1.5oz Spinnaker Quantum 2010 2oz Spinnaker Quantum 2011 2oz Spinnaker Quantum 2011 1.5oz Asymmetrical Spinnaker 2010 2oz Asymmetrical Spinnaker 2010 Code Zero Quantum 2010 Several Light Jibs North 2006-2008 Heavy Jib North 2007 Drifter North 2007 VMG Spinnaker North 2006 2oz Spinnaker North 2008 2oz Spinnaker North 2007 1.5oz AP Spinnaker North 2007 Assorted Spare Sail Battens
- Rig & Rigging
- Sparcraft Carbon Fiber Mast with 2 sets of swept carbon fiber spreaders. Simple, no running backstays rig! Rig Dimensions: I: 16.200m J: 4.705m P: 16.700m E: 5.900m ISP: 18.400m SPL: 5.200m Aluminum Boom Painted with Black LPU Sailtec Hydraulic Quick Release Backstay Adjuster Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole (Fractional Spinnaker Length) Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Spinnaker pole (Mast Head Spinnaker Length) 2:1 Main Halyard Under-deck Mainsheet Cunningham Traveler Controls Genoa Sheets Jib Lead Adjusters Genoa Sheet In-haulers Discontinuous SS Rod Rigging Kevlar Cable Backstay Harken Spinnaker Pole Track Spring Loaded Vang Outhaul Reef Line Foreguy Spinnaker Sheet Twing Lines Windex Masthead Fly Jib Foil System Tapered Halyards with Tylaska Shackles 2 pairs Racing Jib Sheets with Shackles 2 pairs Racing Spinnaker Sheets
- Deck Gear
- Harken Blocks and Cam Cleats Rope clutches for halyards and topping lift Custom Painted SS Bow Pulpit, Stern Pulpit & Stanchions with 1X19 SS Lifelines 2 Lewmar Vented Ports in Cockpit Harken Traveler, Adjustable Jib Leads & Spinnaker Pole Track Mainsheet control pod fairleads Custom Padded Lifeline Cushions Aluminum Tiller with Forespar D-handle Adjustable Extension Lewmar Foredeck Hatch
- Winch Package
- 2 - Primaries: Harken 3-Speed 2 - Mainsheet: Harken 2-Speed Self-Tailing 2 - Halyard: Harken Quattro 2-Speed Self-Tailing 5- One Touch Winch Handles
- Equipment, Hardware & Tools
- Carbon Fiber Kelp Stick Hydraulic Mast Jack & Shims Rigging Adjustment Tools Harken Bosun’s Chair Sail Repair Kit 2 Loose Tension Gauges Tool Bag with Hand Tools 4 Rectangular Padded Boat Fenders 2011 Berth cushions Sunbrella Boom Tent Boat Cover 2011 Sunbrella Mainsail Cover 2011 Dehumidifier First aid kit Handheld compass Flare kit Code flag set Class anchor & rode Dock Lines
- Engine spares kit Man Overboard Module Maintenance Gear and Supplies Rudder (for wheel steering) Carbon Fiber Steering Quadrant Emergency tiller 2 Aluminum Destroyer Wheels Wheel Hub and Fiberglass Pedestal Cover Fiberglass Foot Chocks Stainless Foot Chock Railings (new) 2 Pipe Berth Frames Lifeline Cables Padded Lower Lifeline Covers 2 Large Boat Fenders Sailing Hardware and Rigging Running Rigging Lines Offshore Gear, Jack Lines & Inflatable Safety Harnesses Offshore Anchor with Chain & Rode Mainsail Cover Boom Tent Cover Assorted Overnight Gear Misc chargers, adapters, battery packs Electronics
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Rick at 310-720-2577 or email email@example.com