- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 1550 Common Rail
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Immaculate Condition is an Understatement
OWNER WANTS SOLD - BRING OFFERS!!
HOLY COW…the name says it all!!! You will not believe your eyes when you first step onto this exceptional 2006 52’ Cabo Express. She has been handled with care and you can count the amount of times she’s been fished on with one hand. Her current owner maintained her with an open checkbook and this boat will be talked about throughout the bluewater team fleets. One must lay their eyes on her to believe it. If you are looking for a “10” in a pre-enjoyed large express, look no further. No boat can touch the high level of care the owner and captain have taken to maintain this vessel.
She features a 110 sq. ft. of cockpit with “all of the upgrades”, including: MAN 1550 Common Rail Diesel engines, Flat screen TV’s, custom lighting, leather sofas, Corian Counters, Release Marine Fighting Chair and an electronics package that would make any Captain blush. There was nothing left out on this boat.
She has been maintained by the owner’s full time Captain with all detailed records, including: a complete library of receipts, maintenance records, service intervals, fuel burn records, engine oil analysis on everything and much more. There is no question as to when, where and how this vessel was used and maintained.
The owner and his wife have picked out their next vessel. Take advantage of the rare opportunity to own a vessel in such impeccable condition! You will be the envy of everyone else out on the water.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The cabin of the 52' Express showcases graceful spaciousness and refined comfort, amidst the boat's hard-core fishability. The main salon of the 52' Express features a large L-shaped lounge. Forward, the master stateroom accommodates an island queen-sized berth. To port, a second stateroom has twin berths and a dresser. A spacious galley and two head compartments are conveniently located and fully equipped for cruising comfort. The helm deck's molded command console is carefully positioned, providing the captain with a clear view forward, abeam, and astern. It has room for a complete assortment of modern marine electronics and digital readouts, plus numerous custom switch panels, warning lights, and alarms. Comfortable helm and companion seats include adjustable footrests. Extra lockable storage for tackle and accessories has been built-in under the L-shaped lounge. Designed from the keel up with the needs of the avid sport fisherman in mind, the cockpit of the 52' Express includes a professional bait prep center, an abundance of tackle storage, a 75-gallon circulating bait tank molded into the transom, large-capacity insulated fish boxes, and much, much more. As on every CABO, the 52' Express includes an aluminum reinforcement plate molded into the cockpit deck for mounting a fighting chair. Gaff and tag stick holders are positioned under the gunnels, and five rod holders come standard. Self-bailing cockpit scuppers, a transom gate and outward opening "tuna door" fitted with CABO's beefy custom hinges, and quick-disconnect fresh and saltwater wash-down systems add to the utility of the cockpit fishing space.
- Main Salon
- A sliding door leads to the open salon area featuring L-shaped seating with a Release Marine high/low expandable table. Storage is abundant and includes an electrically operated rod locker above the seating area. There is a large flat screen TV mounted on the forward bulkhead. Beautiful Teak and Holly cabin sole with satin finish on the cabinetry and woodwork. Teak & Holly cabin sole and carpet runner Custom leather U-shaped sofa Custom Hi-Lo expandable teak cocktail table with cover (2) Custom floor hatches for bilge area storage Bilge area painted high gloss white (3) Digital video recorders for the cockpit cameras Air conditioning/heat 24000 BTU's Overhead rod storage locker that is push button actuated Eye level electrical panel Storage cabinets Day/guest head, w/shower 50" flat screen LCD television Sharp Aquos Bose Lifestyle System Entertainment center with Bose system-three zones
- The large galley features 4 Sub-Zero appliances, Corian countertops with custom sea rails, and ample storage compartments and drawers. Kenyon Ceramic cook top with stainless steel sea rails Stainless cook top hood Corian countertop with custom sea rails Teak & Holly sole with carpet and runners Garbage disposal Sharp Microwave convection oven Storage compartments with drawers Trash receptacle compartment 4 Sub-Zero freezer & refrigerator Ample Counter top lighting
- Master Stateroom
- Island style queen bed with 5" mattress and custom bedding Storage compartment & large drawers below bed Mattress lifts with storage below Port & starboard storage lockers for 8 offshore fishing rods Recessed halogen lighting (24V) Air conditioning with 10,000 BTU's Access to anchor locker Hanging lockers, port & starboard Positive latches on cabinets & drawers Bose Stereo speakers Private access to the head Teak Floors Custom carpet and runners Custom built-in Sharp Aquos flat screen TV Bose lifestyle sound system
- Master Bath
- Walk in Shower Privacy door Corian countertops with custom corian sink Custom vanity with storage cabinets Mirror Overhead lighting (24V) Separate stall with auto shower sump pump Toiletries storage cabinet Ventilating hatch in the deck Designer fixtures & shower fixtures
- Guest Stateroom
- CruiseAir air-conditioning with controls Dresser with custom wall mounted mirror Overhead lighting AC/DC 24 volt reading lights (2) single beds Corian counter tops in the guest head Vanity in the head with storage cabinet Mirrored toiletries storage cabinet Custom built-in Sharp Aquos flat screen TV
- (3) large fiberglass cabinets with doors housing a huge tackle center Splendide 2100Washer/Dryer Refrigerator with icemaker Teak deck & steps Stidd helm seat, adjustable with foot rest on pedestal (2) Stidd matching chairs on the port & starboard sides L-shaped lounge port side with aft lockable rod storage below Sliding companion-way door Fiberglass hardtop Storage cabinet (2) US 9 24 Volt electric teaser reels in recessed compartment Helm deck is CruiseAir air-conditioned with 30,000 BTU's Secondary engine bypass controls Four sided enclosure Center windshield opening for ventilation Overhead hatches in the hardtop Safety handrails Beautiful custom Teak table by Release Marine Helm controls MANEngine displays Stereo speakers, volume controls
- Bait preparation center Tackle storage 75 gallon live bait tank with viewing port molded into the transom Large capacity fish boxes plumbed to Eskimo ice machines Five rod holders Transom gate tuna door Fresh & salt water washdown Custom Release Marine Fighting chair Seating for observers Engine room access door Custom underwater lighting Self-bailing cockpit scuppers
- Custom tuna tower with molded top 16 steps Custom tower sunshade Antenna bracket small dome Sat/Nav mounted on the sunshade Antenna with stand off Bench seat fixed with 72" backrest Control box-50" contoured face, Cabo white Compass, flush mounted Controls and steering One piece molded standing platform Flag staff Lights linear 4 in 1 4 Quartz Spreader lights Anchor and navigation lights (8) rod holders Custom 38' outriggers with 3 spreaders by Pipewelders Center rigger (2) Ray Marine bright display screens with chart plotting 3-D chart plotting, aerial photo charts Radar, night vision, plus a 2nd station autopilot (6) rod holders welded to express tower leg Freshwater Washdown water in the tower
- Electronics & Helm
- (4) Ray Marine bright display screens mounted at the helm (3) E-120 series high performance multifunction displays Ray Marine 15" daylight bright display Ray Marine functions included in displays Chart plotting 3-D chart plotting with aerial & panoramic photo charts Digital sound module 1 KW thru-hull high definition Sirius satellite weather receiver IS250 AIS receiver Engine room cameras Ray Marine radar 10KW 72 mile with 6' open array antenna Ray Marine radar 4KW 48 mile with dome antenna Bose lifestyle three zone sound system Washdown water in the tower Ray Marine life tag wireless crew overboard system with (5) tag pendants Ray Marine Auto helm series smart pilot Ray Marine VHF Ray 218 Ray Marine loudhailer R430 Ray Marine ST60+ graphic Ray Marine VHF Ray 240 speaker Infrared 360 degree night vision camera mounted on the hardtop Globalstar satellite phone Cell phone booster & Wi-Fi booster Satellite receivers Sony digital recorders (3) Cameras, one on each outrigger, one on the centerline Ray Marine keyboard Ray Marine high definition satellite TV antenna
- Hull Design
- Big and beamy, the 52' Express runs smooth and fast, and remains remarkably dry even in the most challenging conditions. She carries substantial weight aft, enhancing balance and ride characteristics in following seas and waves. Imagine how quickly you can get to your record-breaking marlin with the exceptional performance offered by the 52' Express. Her convex forward sections are designed to keep head seas in check. Two strakes (per side) control spray forward and, together with a flat chine, keep seawater where it belongs. The outboard strake extends aft adding lift and her 16-degree transom deadrise is perfect for her length, weight and speed. Modest propeller pockets keep draft to a very manageable 4’6”. The 52’s hull is a hand-laid blend of stitched multidirectional reinforcements. Vinylester resin is used throughout the laminate and two coats of epoxy are applied to the bottom prior to the application of anti-fouling paint. Core-cell foam is used in the hull sides and bottoms as suggested by Michael Peters, who was responsible for the 52’s weights and balance. All core materials used on the 52' are vacuum bagged in place to insure a proper bond. A foam-core fiberglass stringer system and plywood bulkheads and web frames provide support. Peters shoots for a longitudinal center of gravity (LCG) that’s 58% of the waterline length aft. This can be challenging on a sportfisher as the cockpit essentially dictates engine placement, but the balance of the 52' seems perfect. “Jay Coyle from Yachting 10/2007 “ The 52' Cabo is a Michael Peters modified-V hull. Peters is notable for designing boats that can go really fast (try 175 mph), but he’s also drawn lines for a 38-knot, 78-foot Garlington convertible and a 54-knot, 38-foot Sterling center console. He’s additionally responsible for the Cabo 40' Express (“High Desert to High Seas,” March 2003), which initiated a shift in look and lines for the builder and which, like the 52', features a fine entry and exaggerated flare to keep spray to a minimum. “Captain Patrick Sciacca 3/ 2006 PMY Magazine"
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- (2) MAN 1550 HP common rail engines (1450 hours) 21 KW Onan generator 9 KW Onan generator 50' 220V shore power cord with Glendinning cable master Central vacuum Reverso fuel polishing system (2) Eskimo ice machines plumbed to the fish boxes Backup 24 volt fresh water pump Bilge pumps, four automatic/manual + one auto only Bonding system, transom zincs Engine alarms system Engine driven emergency bilge pump (2) engine room blowers (24 volt) Engine room ventilation fans (110 v) Fire extinguishing system (automatic) Oil change system for Mains-generators-reduction gears Power steering Drip-less shaft logs (Lipseal) High gloss painted bilge areas Electric fuel priming pumps Murphy engine hour gauges Remote engine controls with engine synchronizer & trolling valves High strength bronze rudders High strength stainless steel propeller shafts Holding tank with dockside discharge Freshwater pump AC with backup DC pump AquaWhisper Watermaker (700 gpd)
- Manufacturer Write-Up
- Serious tournament ready fishing machine, the Cabo 52 hull is hand-laid Bi-axial stitched fabric with multi-directional reinforcements. The entire hull is core-cell, core vacuum bagged in place to insure a proper bond. A foam core fiberglass stringer system and web frames provide excellent support. Vinyl resin is used throughout the laminate and two coats of epoxy are applied to the bottom prior to the application of anti-fouling paint. Built for strength, stylish comfort and speed, this Cabo cruises at 32 knots and about 40 knots wide open. Recessed trim tabs and small prop pockets keep the draft to four feet six inches. Topside highlights include exceptional fit and finish, all exposed surfaces are painted using Awlgrip. A spacious 110 square foot cockpit provides a great platform for offshore action including a deluxe bait prep station, lighted 75 gallon livewell with viewing port, large capacity fish boxes plumbed to two Eskimo ice machines, Release Marine fighting chair, rod holders, tuna door, cockpit combing, non-skid decks, mezzanine seating, fresh and salt water washdown. This Cabo’s clean and uncluttered design will satisfy the most discriminating offshore angler.
- Maintenance History
- Haul Out/Bottom Paint (Micron)/Zinc 2/2012 New Cutlass Bearing 2/2012 Major Interval done (Heat Exchangers,1000 hour service) 2/2010 Oil Analysis of Engines, Generators, Transmissions, 5/2012 Last Wax on Hull and Tower 12/12 New CUSHYFLOAT Engine Mounts as part of routine maintenance (1000 hours)
- Excluded from the sale: Owners personal belongings and any other item aboard not specifically listed herein. Name is reserved and must be removed upon sale.
- Broker Comments
- In my 20 year career as a Yacht Broker, I have never seen such a clean and well cared for vessel. Clean and maintained is an understatement.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.