- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"Passageway" is a beautiful example of one of the most popular boats of all time, the Grand Banks 42 Classic. The 42 GB has long defined what many people think of when the term "trawler" is used and with good reason. These boats are proven cruising vessels with timeless style, safe and efficient design, comfortable and roomy layout, and top quality construction.
"Passageway" has seen exemplary care by a knowledgeable owner and it shows inside and out. The gelcoat and brightwork shine, the interior is fresh and inviting and there have been numerous updates throughout.
With her 3116 CATs, "Passageway" can cruise an ultra efficient 8.4 knots @ 1250rpm while only burning 3.5 Gallons Per Hour! She also has the versatility to get up an move if needed with a top speed of over 18 knots!
* Just completed the 2000 hour service on the boat June 2013. Boat has been fully waxed, varnish redone in October of 2013 and is turnkey ready for her next adventure!*
Convenient to see in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, just minutes off I-95 and less than 30 minutes from Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)!
- Vessel Walkthrough
- A rare model with stainless steel handrails (3 entry gates) over teak toe rails. Also a custom made swim platform twice the normal size with s/s swim ladder. Grand Banks 42 layout: Guest cabin forward with V-berth (filler section for larger sleeping area), solid teak parquet sole and en-suite head with shower (Teak grates), vacuflush toilet and large beveled mirror. The salon offers a straight line galley forward to port, lower helm opposite to starboard. Headliners in perfect condition. Aft of helm is dry bar with U-Line ice maker, a large custom upholstered L-settee with corner table top/storage and classic GB teak hi-low table w/2 leafs. Custom lined draperies throughout. Opposite the salon table, on the port side, is a 2-person custom upholstered settee with corner built-in freezer w/temperature gauge. New (2007) 26 in. Toshiba flat screen TV and Bose surround sound theater including DVD and CD memory. Storage under all settees. Two GB custom upholstered chairs. Teak overhead grab rail entire length of salon. The aft Master cabin features a centerline island queen berth, large hanging lockers along entire starboard side and two large hanging lockers forward. Many drawers including large drawers under queen berth. Beveled mirror. Solid teak parquet sole. The head is a very functional “split-head” in that the shower stall is on starboard with head and sink to port. Teak grates in shower. Commercial window tinting done in 2008. Sun Screens (new 2010). Raymarine 120 flybridge and helm (new 2007). Salon . Teak cabinetry . Solid teak parquet soles . Custom lined drapes . Custom upholstery settees and (2) custom upholstered chairs . Lift-up L-shaped settee (starboard) w/storage under and corner table w/storage . Lift-up straight settee (port) w/storage under . Bar cabinet with glass and bottle storage . Toshiba Regza 26” HD LCD TV (new 8/2007) . Bose Lifestyle Home Theater w/surround sound, DVD + CD memory (new 8/2007) . Bose remotes for inside and upper bridge allowing different listening choices . GB fixed hi-low teak table w/2 drop leafs. . Formica topped bureaus . Grand Banks chrome reading light . U-Line ice maker . Teak overhead grab rail . Roll-up mesh bug screens for both side doors . Insect screens for all salon windows except forward window . Window locks . MarineAire air-conditioning: three zones with reverse-cycle heat (new circuit board 2008) . Commercial window tinting all side windows & doors . Storage drawers under port & starboard salon entry steps Galley . Grunert water cooled holding plate refrigeration (new 6/2008) w/ temperature gauge . Grunert holding plate freezer w/temperature gauge . Gourmet 3 burner propane cooktop w/oven and broiler (new 2010). . Seaward solonoid control for propane. . Stainless steel sink w/new single level faucet . Formica counters w/pull out shelf, sink covers w/built in cutting boards . Samsung microwave . Electric exhaust fan with s/s hood over stove . Pantry . Spice rack . Abundant drawers and storage for plates/cups, etc . Solid teak parquet soles . Dish storage locker forward Master Stateroom . Island Queen centerline berth . Teak Bureau (4) drawers . (5) additional drawers under berth . (6) drawers bed table (port) . Book shelf and additional storage under portside table . (2) drawers bed table (starboard) . Beveled mirror . Solid teak parquet sole . Lined drapes . Large hanging lockers entire port side . (2) large hanging lockers forward w/automatic lighting . (2) GB chrome reading lights . Overhead lights . Rear hatch w/screen . MarineAire unit . (3) windows - (2) slide w/screens . (4) 110 outlets . 2 large under floor storage lockers Aft Head (Functional Split Head) . Vacuflush toilet (fresh water) . Molded corian sink and counter . Single lever faucet . Beveled mirror . Solid teak parquet sole . Drapes . Teak towel bars . Roomy reach-in cabinets and drawers . Holding tank monitor . 110 GFI . Separate shower on starboard . Teak grating sole . Sump pump . Port window, light and hatch . Heat and air conditioning Guest Stateroom . V-berth with filler for larger sleeping area . (4) drawers under berth . Large handing locker . (2) GB chrome reading lights . Overhead lights . Overhead hatch w/solar fan . MarineAire Unit . Solid teak parquet sole . Door to engine room . Under floor storage locker . Forward entrance compartment to anchor locker Guest Head . Vacuflush toilet (fresh water) . Teak grate . Beveled mirror . Molded corian sink and counter . Single level faucet . Wrap around shower . Overhead lights . Window w/screen and curtain . Heat and air conditioning . 110 GFI . Roomy cabinets and drawers . Overhead light . Sump pump Flybridge & Upper Helm . Stainless steel handrails . Teak decks . New seat cushions 2011 . GB teak table . Custom sunbrella canvas bimini (2 pieces) covers entire bridge . Side sunbrella canvas curtains (new 2009) . Custom made covers for all bridge seating . Fore and aft facing bench seats . L-settee . Overall seating for 12 . Storage boxes w/teak grates under all seating and teak beds . Built in marine stereo speakers in seats . Satelite 406 Epirb . Raymarine 120 Chartplotter with Sea Talk High Speed Network (new 2007) . Sirius weather . Camera view to salon . Ritchie Compass . Trim tabs . Glendinnning synchronizer . Morse engine controls . Raypilot 650 Autopilot . ICOM IC-M502 VHF w/auto distress . Autohelm Tridata wind and speed . Autohelm rudder indicator . ARC-100 auto spotlight control . Windlass control station . Bilge pump indicator lights . Amp meter, voltmeter, oil pressure, water temp, tachometers . Telephone repeater antenna . DC phone charger . 10 ft 4 in Apex inflatable dinghy w/padded cooler seat, separate pump & nav lights . Dinghy oars mounts on tubes & anchor w/75’ of braided anchor line . Honda 15HP engine (2009) . Electric motor on boom for lowering dinghy w/canvas cover . Backup winch system for dinghy lift . Teak chocks dinghy bed . Magma propane grill . White exterior sun shades for all salon doors and windows . Rear transom canvas cover . Name board canvas covers . Windlass canvas cover . Foredeck windlasss foot controls . Raw water anchor washdown . Custom teak swim platform . Spreader lights from mast to cockpit . Bruce Anchor . Emergency tiller . New Groco through hull fittings and strainers for main engines (2012) . New blue hoses installed for engines and generator (2006) . Aft shower hookup . Stern trolling rod holder and mount . 50 amp - TV + phone cables bow and stern . 8 person emergency Swift life raft w/cradle [optional] . Air horn Lower Helm Station . Raymarine E-120 Chartplotter with Sea Talk High Speed Network (new 2007) . Sirius weather . Raymarine S3G course computer (new 10/2008) . Ritchie Compass . Camera view to aft deck and rear . Glendinning synchronizer . Morse engine controls . Raypilot 650 Autopilot . ICOM-ICM502 VHF w/auto distress . Window wiper controls . Autohelm Tridata wind and speed . ARC-100 auto spotlight control . Windlass control station . Amp meter, voltmeter, oil pressure, water temp, tachometers . Trim tab controls . Air horn
- Electrical Equipment
- . Mase 8.5 kw generator (new 2002) . Xantrex Freedom 3000 Inverter (new 2010) . 12 v system . 110 v system . Bow and stern 50 amp shore power inlets . TV & phone inlet at bow and stern
- Engine Room
- . Twin 3116 T/A Caterpillar Diesels . Twin disc ration 2.47:1 . 2” Aquamet 22 stainless steel shafts . Racor 900 ma filters . 4 blade stone marine 27# props . Fuel polishing system . Seaward S1900 water heater . Paragon PJR0A water pump . Groco accumulator tank . (3) Rule 2000 GPH bilge pumps . (2) Rule 500 GPH bilge pumps . Vernatone exhaust mufflers . Engine coolant overflow resevoirs . Water cooled stuffing boxes . Fuel sight gauges for both tanks . Holding tank w/macerator pump . Fresh water tap . 110 receptacle . 4 overhead lights . Sound insulation on ceiling
- 1250rpm 8.4 knots 3.5gph 1550rpm 9.2 knots 7gph 1800rpm 10.5 knots 15gph Max rpm 18.7 knots
- While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.