- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
The Catalina 400 is the most popular 40’ yacht ever developed and was built for 15 years. She is owned by a retired airline pilot and has been meticulously maintained and lightly used. She has air conditioning, solar panels w/regulator, recent autopilot, chartplotter, 2-inverters, fuel polishing system, additional holding plate freezer, dinghy davits, bimini/dodger, a factory rebuilt diesel in 2003 with very low hrs and much more. She is a MUST SEE if you are looking for a 40’ cruiser in very nice condition.
- Starting aft, she has a comfortable centerline queen berth with a built-in vanity, and lots of lockers. Her aft in-suite head has a separate walk in shower. Next forward to port is her Nav Station and large U-shaped galley to starboard. Next to starboard is her salon w/a teak table that lowers to make a double berth and settee on the opposite side will sleep an additional guest. Next forward is her guest head and forward of that is her guest stateroom with v-berth and large hatch- perfect for great ventilation or anchor watch. Interior has 6'6" headroom, teak/holly cabin sole and teak cabinets/bulkheads. She has screen for hatches and ports.
- The 400 has a great 2-person galley w/lots of room and counter space Twin stainless steel sinks Princess 3-burner propane stove with oven and wood cutting board Front opening refrigerator with separate freezer each with Adler Barbour UltraCold Machine holding plates with digital temp readout. Locker outboard of the frig was converted to a freezer and insulated insulation. Both frig and freezer have their own Tropic (Water) pump.
- Raymarine RC 520+ Chartplotter w/latest software Raytheon 6001+ below deck autopilot w/ new linear drive unit 2011 Autohelm ST-50 wind, depth, and speed (all have been replaced in past) Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF with cockpit Ram Mic remote Uniden Atlantis 250 Hand Held VHF Jensen stereo w/ cockpit and salon speakers
- 110-volt shore power with two shore power cords 2-85 watt solar panels with Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000-E Regulater that boost solar output and acts as digital battery monitor Solar Panels mounted on port and starboard stanchions and can be adjusted to suns angle for max output and are easily removed 2- Aims Power 2,000 watt inverter (one for port and one for starboard outlets) 5-batteries (Four 6-volt house and one 12-volt starting) MarineAir 16k reverse cycle heater/air conditioner w/ digital controls and in-line boost fan. ProMariner Automatic 30-amp multi-stage battery charger 12-volt fans throughout Phones and cable TV hookup Spreader lights Running lights LED anchor light Electric bilge and shower sump pumps
- Westerbeke 42B, 42hp diesel, factory rebuilt by Westerbeke in 2003 w/242 hrs Spares- filters, etc. Fuel Polishing system cleans fuel and returns it to fuel tank Autoprop (feathering) for efficiency sailing and great reverse power Prop shaft mounted line cutter Spare 3-blade prop Dripless shaft log MarineAir 16k BTU reverse cycle heater/air conditioner with digital controls and in-line boost fan Each head has its own shower, holding tank, & macerator
- Sails and Rigging
- Keel-stepped aluminum mast Full-batten Dacron main with Dutchman system and 2 reefing points recently added w/lines lead to cockpit Mainsail Bat-slide system for easy hoisting and dropping 155% Genoa with new UV sacrificial 2010 NOTE: Both main and genoa reconditioned by sail loft in 2010 Spare jib halyard Garhauer line control ball bearing genoa cars Schaeffer and Garhauer ball bearing blocks 2- Lewmar 58 CST primary winches 2- Lewmar 40 CST sail handling winches Rigid Boom vang
- Hull and Deck
- She features a solid fiberglass hull with shoal draft Lead wing keel (Not less expensive cast iron keel) Her lead keel is over 40% of her total weight making her a very stable vessel. Note on draft: Some brokers may list draft as 5' or less however Catalina did not make this change until the 2006 model year. Draft on all Catalina 400s w/wing keels measured between 5' 4" and 5' 8" (depending on load) until the change in 2006. As with all yachts, draft will vary with load in the vessel. Bimini/dodger Covers for helm, winches, etc Cockpit cushions Maxwell electric windlass 44lb Claw (Bruce style) anchor w/ 150' all chain rode Spare Danforth style anchor w/ 20' chain and nylon rode Anchor/deck wash down system Ocean Marine SS Dinghy Davits Bow pulpit and stern pulpit Double lifelines with gates Edson Steering with twin destroyer wheels Walk-thru transom with Swim platform Wide boarding Ladder on transom Hot/cold cockpit shower
- Additional Information
- Note that pictures and wall hangings not included.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call or e-mail Listing Broker AL POLLAK for more pictures, brochure, or information (727) 492-7340 or e-mail- email@example.com