- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
EXCELLENT BUYING OPPORTUNITY ......
TURNKEY 40 MANTA SAIL CATAMARAN
$27,000 PRICE REDUCTION 5/15/2013
Owner wants this boats sold NOW - bring all offers.
She is totally self-sufficient, Bluewater cruise ready with
all the options including:
Generator, Air Conditioning, Water Maker, Washer/Dryer, Solar Power and
very good integrated Electronics, just to name a few.
"Chapter X" has been maintained to the highest standards by
very knowledgeable owner-operators.
She has been constantly and continuously upgraded and customized by her present owners.
The vessel shows pride in ownership and
must be seen to be appreciated.
She is berthed in the Abacos - a perfect place to start
your dream cruising adventures.
- Accommodations Overview
- This well maintained and customized vessel sleeps (6) comfortably in three Staterooms. The Port Hull features the Owners’ Stateroom with Head with separate shower. The Starboard Hull features an aft VIP Stateroom and a forward Guest Stateroom. The Guest Head is accessible from both Guest Staterooms. Interior wood trim throughout. Highly durable synthetic teak and holly soles throughout. 6’ Headroom.
- Salon / Dinette / Nav Station
- Raised living area is open and light. U-shaped UltraLeather settee with storage under. (2) Ottomans with matching UltraLeather upholstered tops with storage under. Custom teak folding adjustable height dining table provides seating for (10) or folds down to a coffee table converting the Salon into a spacious living area for entertaining. Expansive windows offer unparalleled views. Nav Station The Nav Station is port side forward. Chart table. Communications suite. Garmin plotter. Charging system controls. Custom USB interface for ship’s computer (controls Weatherfax, GPS input for Maptech plotting software, printer/scanner/fax, AIS receiver, Iridium email interface etc.). Additional built-in storage. 23” Flat screen monitor.
- U-shaped galley up located port aft in Main Salon with every convenience for the gourmet. Adler-Barber Super Cold Machine custom top-loading refrigeration with custom over-sized freezer and dual temperature controls. Princess Gourmet II (3) burner stove (NEW 2011) with overhead exterior vented carbon-filtered exhaust hood. Microwave oven. Raritan Icerette ice maker. Corian counter tops. Custom starboard counter extension with integrated bamboo cutting board. Deep double stainless sinks with Corian drain board insert. Price-Pfiester designer faucet. General Ecology Seagull drinking water filtered faucet. Manual secondary freshwater foot pump. (2) Double overhead cabinets. (1) Single overhead cabinet. Large closing storage locker at counter level and large in-counter storage locker. (2) Drawers and (2) closing cabinets under counter. Under counter fire extinguisher. 12v DC Fan. Dockside pressure water system. Double Galley pantry (starboard).
- Port Hull / Owner's Suite
- Owners’ Master Stateroom is aft with large midship custom teak library with writing desk outboard, large storage pantry inboard and custom teak companionway steps in companionway to private Head forward. Large queen berth facing fore/aft with custom TempurPedic mattress - split queen for easy access to Port side full walk-around Engine Room and fuel polishing system. Cedar-lined hanging locker with under locker storage cabinet. Inboard open and closed storage cabinets with ship’s safe. (4) Storage drawers. Bench seat with under seat storage locker and aft air conditioning control panel. 12v DC Fan. Owner’s Private Head Jabsco quiet flush electric toilet. Vanity with countertop, sink and storage below. Large mirrored medicine cabinet. Separate large step-in shower area. Overhead hatch. 12v DC Fan.
- Starboard Hull / Guest Staterooms / Guest Head
- The VIP Stateroom is aft with small guest library in the companionway to the Guest Head, which can also be accessed from the forward Guest Stateroom and custom teak companionway steps. Aft VIP Stateroom Queen berth athwartship . Cedar-lined hanging locker and under locker storage cabinet. (3) Storage drawers. Bench seat with under seat storage locker. Overhead hatch. 12v DC Fan. Forward Guest Stateroom Double size berth Splendide washer/dryer with outside venting (new control board and belts 2011). Closed storage cabinet forward. Custom teak storage shelves inboard. Closed storage cabinet under washer. Machinery space under berth with water maker, water heater, raw water manifold servicing water maker, air conditioners and generator. 12v DC Fan. Guest Head The Guest Head is midship and can be accessed by both Guest Staterooms. Jabsco quiet flush electric toilet. Vanity with countertop, sink and storage below. Large medicine chest. Storage area. Separate stand up shower area. 12v DC Fan.
- Electronics / Navigation / Communication / Entertainment
- Chapter X ’s electronics and navigation suite is designed to provide multiple redundancies and full integration with the ship’s computer for complete safety, convenience and connectivity at the dock or at anchor. HELM: Garmin 3206 network plotter on custom “Ram” mount with independent GPS antenna on Cockpit arch interfaced to ship’s computer. B&G Digital GPS with independent antenna on Cockpit arch interfaced to ship’s computer at Chart Table. B&G Electro-Hydraulic Ram Drive Auto Pilot (Wind, Course, Waypoint). B&G Instrument Displays - Wind / Depth / Pilot / GPS - NEW Masthead Unit 2010. B&G Hull Speed, Water Depth and Temperature (Starboard Side Transducer). Garmin Depth Sounder (Port Side Transducer). Ritchie Magnetic Compass (professionally calibrated 2008). Raymarine RL70 24 Mile Radar Display. Standard Horizon VHF Ram Mike with full controls for volume squelch and channel -NEW 2011. Garmin XM Real Time Weather Receiver with independent arch mounted antenna. Garmin Network Controller. Guest high power search light control panel. Clarion Stereo Controls. Bose 151 Marine Stereo Speakers. Raymarine Arch-mounted Raydome Array - NEW 2012. Milltech SR161 AIS Receiver interfaced through USB hub to ship’s computer for output to Maptech software and external monitor display at Chart Table. Independent VHF Radio Antenna. Nav Station / Chart Table: Garmin 427 Portable Chart Plotter with dedicated power cable and independent antenna mounted on Cockpit arch and integrated to ship’s computer through USB hub. Standard Horizon VHF Radio Base Station mounted at Chart Table with masthead antenna and remote RAM mike at Helm. Uniden VHF Radio Base Station with independent Cockpit arch-mounted antenna, wireless rechargeable WAM mike (with spare batteries) and PA bull horn on Cockpit arch. Alfa Networks Wi-Fi Extender Antenna. Si-Tex SSB Receiver Tuner independent masthead antenna (backup to Ubiquity Wi-Fi System). Xantrex Link 1000 Charging System Controller and Trace C40 Solar Charging System Controller. Maptech and Garmin Charting Software installed on ship’s computer including complete chart sets (compatible with both chart plotters) covering complete U.S. East Coast, Bahamas and Caribbean south to Venezuela. Explorer chart books for all of the Bahamas. Maptech chart books for Florida & Caribbean. Charting tool kit. Ship’s computer suite (Toshiba XP Pro Laptop, Proview External Monitor, 500 GB External Backup Drive, HP Printer/Scanner. GPS input/output control toggles (B&G / 3206 / 427) to Computer and Auto Pilot. Electronic system shutoff toggles (Garmin XM /Garmin Network / AIS / Iridium). Additional Communications: Westmarine Submersible Rechargeable Hand-held VHF Radio. Xaxer Weatherfax 2000 USB integrated to SSB receiver and ship’s computer through USB hub. Motorola Iridium Satellite Phone with integrated mount for continuous charging, external independent antenna on Cockpit arch, hands-free remote mike at Chart Table and email interface software integrated to ship’s computer through USB hub. Ubiquity high power Wi-Fi Radio Receiver / antenna (arch-mounted) with Pico Station Wi-Fi re-broadcaster for whole boat Wi-Fi. Entertainment: Clarion Marine AM/FM Stereo with Tape Player and remote 12 CD Changer, Salon and Cockpit Speakers. Independent XM Radio Receiver at Nav Station re-broadcasting through Clarion Stereo. 23” Flat screen monitor. Digital movie library on 500 GB external HD. Dockside cable input and Glomex TV antenna.
- Next Generation 5.5 kW 120v diesel generator (New generator head 2011). (6) Lifeline AGM 6V deep cycle house batteries (660 total amps). (2) Lifeline AGM 12v engine starting batteries (75 amps each) on/off switch, isolation and parallel switch. (6) 75 watt Siemens solar panels. Trace multi-stage solar charging controller/monitor. (2) 120 amp, three-stage high output alternators. “Zinc Saver” galvanic isolation system. Integrated Xantrex 2500 watt inverter and 100 amp multistage battery charger. Magnasine inverter 2500 charger with line 2000 monitor. Xantrex Link 1000 battery monitor (NEW 2012) and automatic battery combiner/splitter. Integrated 12v DC / 110v AC electrical system with outlets throughout. Redundant 12v DC electrical system with multiple charging options. 12v DC Fluorescent lighting throughout with 12v DC LED dual (white/red) Helm lighting. Well marked 12v / 110v breaker panel at chart table with spare breakers, 110v input control (shore power / generator) and integrated line voltage displays. (2) 50’ 30 amp Shore power cables with 50 amp “Y” adapter - bundled in custom Sunbrella cover with cable TV and telephone cables. 12v DC Fans in all Cabins, Heads and Galley.
- Spectra 16gph Water Maker located in mechanical space starboard forward cabin for easy service (NEW Clark pressure pump 2008 and spare membrane). (2) Jabsco Quiet Flush electric toilets. (2) 20 gallon Polyethylene holding tanks -(1) for each head - located port and starboard with independent “Y” valves and macerators. (2) Tankwatch III holding tank level monitoring systems - (1) for each head. Baffled aluminum 100 gallon water tank located under starboard aft cockpit bench with remote gauge at Nav Station and independent deck fill fitting. (2) Independent shower sump systems with separate pumps and electronic float switches. Seaward F-1200 12 gallon 110v electric / engine hot water heater (NEW 2012). Upgraded fresh water system with Jabsco continuous flow high volume pump and Shurflo pressure tank.
- Deck Equipment and Features
- Includes 3.1 meter Caribe RIB dinghy with anchor, chain and rode, patch kit, air pump and adapters and 15 hp Mercury outboard motor professionally serviced since new (NEW 2010). Vinyl soft top - restrung 2011. Arrigoni Design upholstered reversible / adjustable Helm seat with adjustable foot rest. Helm Station line box and line bag. (2) Volvo engine control panels. Water tight cabin entry way with custom Phantom retractable screen to the Main Salon. Total Cockpit enclosure with zip out sections. Sunbrella Cockpit seat cushions and back rest cushions -NEW 2010. Custom weatherproof starboard Cockpit table. (2) Large locking transom lockers. (2) storage lockers under Cockpit bench. Igloo 94 cooler located aft transom arch. Magna BBQ grill located port side aft transom arch and plumbed to main propane tank with independent shut off. Stainless steel corner bow rails with integral seats. 28” Stainless steel stanchions. Double line lines port and starboard. Boarding gates with double life lines port and starboard. Combination steaming / foredeck light with stainless steel guard. (6) Bomar aluminum opening deck hatches. (Interior surrounds and removable screen inserts NEW 2011). (8) Bomar aluminum opening ports with screens. (4) Hatch-mounted Nicro solar powered ventilators ( (2) forward hatches and (2) Salon hatches). (9) Large stainless steel deck cleats ((2)forward / (2) midship /(2) aft / (2) inboard aft transom / (1) midship forward for anchor chain). Bow and Stern deck wash down systems. Polycast 3/8” molded acrylic tinted Salon windows. Bomar watertight companionway door with (3) dogs and locking handle. (2) Large foredeck lockers with locking latches. (2) Midship sail lockers with locking latches. (2) Polyester coated trampolines (restrung with NEW sliders 2012). Original one-piece stainless steel boarding ladder starboard transom (new collapsing stainless steel boarding ladder not installed). (2) Stainless steel Cockpit top mounting ladders. (4) Port side polyester mesh line bags for jib down-haul and spinnaker control lines. (2) Stainless steel cabin top rails. Manta custom dinghy davits with 6-part lifting tackle designed to use power winch for easy single-handed lifting - 3-part for / aft lines and dual 3-part spring lines hold dinghy securely when underway. (2) Stainless steel transom rails. Ocean Kayak with paddle and removable padded seat. (1) 44lb Delta anchor (primary) powder coated white 2008. (2) Fortress FX-23 aluminum anchors (secondary). 200 ft 5/16” High test hot dip galvanized chain (new 2008 – rust free). (2) 50 ft 5/16” HT htg chain with 200’ 5/8” nylon rode for secondary anchors. Maxwell 1200 electric windlass (rebuilt with all new seals and rewound motor 2008). Maxwell deck mounted control switches and emergency crank. Custom stainless steel double anchor bow roller. (1) Anchor chain locker. Integrated custom braided anchor bridle for primary anchor. Custom braided secondary anchor bridle with heavy snatch block. Custom 1” 3-strand nylon mooring bridle for forward bow cleats with quick release snatch hook. (2) Expandable boat hooks. (2) 100 ft 1” 3-Strand nylon hurricane lines. (2) 60 ft 5/8” 3-Strand nylon hurricane lines. (8) 3/4” Nylon double braid burgundy dock lines (2 x 50 ft, 2 x 35 ft, 2 x 30 ft, 2 x 25 ft). (2) Fend-Air 12” x 48” Marine Fenders with burgundy covers and mesh storage bags. (2) 12” x 24” Fenders with burgundy canvas covers. (2) Wood fender boards with rub strips and rubber end caps.
- Sails and Rigging
- Chapter X ’s powerful, easy to handle rig with self-tacking CamberSpar jib, fully battened main with two reef points and single line reefing, boom brake and all lines running aft to the Helm make her a dream for single-handed sailing. All running lines lead back to Helm. Fully battened main sail by Mack with dual reef points and self storing sail cover. 1.5oz Asymmetrical furling spinnaker with full control lines and Aramid luff line. Fully battened CamberSpar self taking jib with downhaul lead to Cockpit and sail cover. All running rigging leads aft through Harken deck organizer and independent line clutches to Helm Station for easy single-handing. Harken 6-line clutch system. Harken 44 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winch at Helm. (2) Winch motor controls - NEW 2012. Harken 44 2 speed manual self-tailing winch center aft Cockpit for spinnaker sheets. (2) Manual winch handles. Spare Harken manual mast winch. Harken 6-sheave line organizer. Running back stays port and starboard. Dutchman boom brake. All running lines replaced 2008. Rigged spare main halyard. Full set spare lines starboard forward locker. Rigid boom vang.
- Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- All mechanical systems are designed for maximum reliability and easy access for service and maintenance. Twin 30hp Volvo MD2030 diesel engines (approx 400 hrs since purchased by current owners). (2) Volvo sail drives with counter rotating Volvo 3-blade folding props and line cutters. Puratech in-line fuel polishing system with Algae-X port hull (services both propulsion engines and generator). (3) Reverso electric oil change pumps (one pump each for Volvo engines and separate pump for generator makes oil changes a snap!) (2) Volvo single-lever shift/throttles. (2) CruisAir 12,000 BTU air conditioning systems with reverse cycle - Salon / Aft Staterooms and Forward Staterooms with independent temperature control panels (cool / heat /auto) in Main Salon and Master Suite. Splendide washer/dryer with outside venting (new control board and belts 2011). All through hulls and seacocks non-corrosive Forspar Marelon. Main raw water through hull (starboard forward mechanical space) NEW 2010. Groco Hydromatic self-cleaning raw water manifold for air conditioning, water maker and generator. (3) 12v Engine room blowers located port and starboard engine rooms and generator locker. Isolated propane locker with 20 lb aluminum tank servicing Galley range and BBQ grill with solenoid shutoff switch in Galley and remote shutoff in locker for BBQ. Spare 20 lb aluminum propane tank. Whitlock pull/pull cable steering system. Emergency tiller. (2) Baffled aluminum fuel tanks total 146 gallon capacity located under port aft Cockpit bench with remote gauge at Nav Station and independent deck fill fitting. (2) 1750 gph 12v Automatic electric bilge pumps with electronic float switches and independent breakers at electrical panel. (2) Whale Gusher 600 gph manual bilge pumps.
- Safety Equipment
- Nothing was spared with safety equipment was selected for long range cruising – this is a safety first boat! Techfloat self inflating throwable ring and recovery line. Revere Coastal Commander 6 person self-inflating life raft canister (NEW 2008, recertified 2011). Comprehensive “ditch” bag with emergency supplies, hand-held water maker, battery powered Garmin hand-held GPS etc. 406 MHz EPIRB (NEW antenna 2010) (tested and registered). (4) Fire extinguishers and smoke/CO2 detector in Main Salon. (4) ABC fire extinguishers - (1) port / (1) Galley / (2) starboard). Comprehensive flare kit with many flares of various types. (2) High capacity 12v DC automatic electric bilge pumps with manual bilge pumps for each hull. MOM8A self-inflating “man overboard” module with life ring, tower beacon and strobe (recertified 2011). (6) Type I universal adult PFDs. Emergency heaving line module (75’ 3/8” floating). (4) SOSpenders self-inflating PFD’s with integrated harness and dual tethers. All equipped with emergency kit including strobe, flashlight, knife, whistle, flare and chemical light stick. SeaCurity electronic intrusion alarm system with dual strobe light and pagers. Masthead strobe light. High power directional search light mounted on Cockpit arch and controlled via pad at Helm Station. Davis Echomaster radar reflector. (2) Heavy off-shore jack lines fore and aft and light weight jack line across Cockpit transom.
- Comfort and Convenience Summary
- Chapter X ’s comfort and convenience features take the camping out of your cruising adventures and put you in the lap of luxury as you explore your favorite tropical islands. Splendide washer/dryer vented outside with water tight stainless mushroom cap for effective drying. Spectra 12v 16 gph Water Maker will run on solar system output allowing for complete water independence at anchor. 23” Flat screen monitor with digital video library on external 500GB HD. Clarion Marine stereo system with Bose speaker systems in Salon and Cockpit and (12) disk remote CD changer. XM Radio receiver at Nav Station broadcasts through Clarion stereo. (2) CruisAir air conditioning systems with reverse cycle with independent temperature control panels in Main Salon and Master Suite. 450 Watt Siemens (6) panel solar system and 5.5 kW Next Generation diesel generator with automatic charging and high capacity inverter allows for complete power independence for extended periods at anchor. Ubiquity external Wi-Fi radio receiver with up to 5 mile range and Ubiquity Pico station Wi-Fi re-broadcaster makes whole boat a Wi-Fi hot spot for multiple internet connected devices. Motorola / Iridium satellite phone system with external arch mounted antenna, mounting cradle, hands-free speaker /mike and email software interfaced to ship’s computer allows for communication in the most remote locations. Overhead carbon-filtered stove vent hood with outside exhaust, Corian counter tops and custom counter extension and integrated cutting board, NEW Princess (3) burner range and custom teak folding dining table seats (10) or folds down to coffee table. Custom split queen TempurPedic mattress in Master Suite. Removable custom weatherproof starboard Cockpit dining table. Large port side custom teak library with writing desk and starboard side guest library. Master suite overhead book shelves and built in ship’s safe.
- Additional Comments
- Meticulously and continuously cared for by full time live-aboard cruisers for the last 6 years, Chapter X boasts complete documentation on every system in 10 volumes including her original Manta Owner’s Manual. She also boasts service documentation on every major system and a large inventory of spare parts. Like all Manta’s she is supported by a unique and very active “owner’s only” bulletin board. She is offered for sale where she lies in the Abaco Islands of the Bahamas. Chapter X is USCG registered and return airfare from West Palm to Marsh Harbour is offered to her new owners on closing.
- Personal items.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Barry Lipoff - Central Listing Agent - 941-587-4229