- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- C 9
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
WAS $1,895,000 NOW $1,450,000
Introducing the newest Yacht to come out of Holland! The Van der Heijden 52’ Commuter is built of all welded Marine grade 5083 Aluminum and powered with twin C9 ACERT Caterpillar’s (575HP ea.).
She has a top speed of 34 knots with a 28 knot cruise, less than 3’ draft and carries 800 gal fuel in integral tanks. She has a 2 stateroom/2 head layout with full galley down and is turnkey including Garmin electronics, bow and stern thrusters and KVH Sat TV. Call for showing or to arrange a sea trial.
Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- The body and the superstructure are made of Aluminum 5083. The thickness of the keel insole is 8 MM, the bottom plate is 6MM and the side plates of the body are 5 MM. the deck and deckhouse are 4 MM. The side decks will be approximately 40CM wide, in accordance with the design. Below the waterline the ship will be welded in a double manner. Two bulkheads will be constructed in the body. Frame spacing will be 35 CM. The Van Der Heijden Yachts 52’ COMMUTER is characterized by the stylish superstructure, a hull with knuckle, flared bow with vertical bow shape and a slim-lined rear side of the ship. The rear side ends in a double curved stern with a large integrated swimming platform. As a consequence, the ship’s behavior in the water is outstanding, stable and comfortable at high as well as at low speeds.
- DECK EQUIPMENT
- Railing: A polished stainless steel railing with a diameter of 32 (Quality 316) will be placed ont he main deck, which will switch over in to two spiral staircases to the cockpit. Anchor Gear: An electrical anchor winch with sufficient tractive power, suitable for both chain an line will be installed under a hatch under the foredeck. This winch will be suitable for an anchor of approx. 40 kG with a 5 meter chain of 10 mm. According to the standards of the shipyard, the latter will be coupled to a 25 meter long anchor line which at the end will be connected to the hull. The chain and line will be guided by a plastic roller to the hawsepipe. Bollards: The ship will be provided with stainles steel bollards with a diameter of 85 MM equipped with a pen. The bitts will be divided as follows: 2 x 2 Bollards on the prow 2 x 1 Bollard a midships 2 x 1 Bolards on the swimming platform All are bolted and provided with a stainless steel protective plate and strip. Radar Bracket: On the rear side, on top of the deckhouse an aluminum radar mast will be installed. The following equipment will be installed on the radar mast: Navigation illumination Air Horn Various antennas Garmin radar Electrical floodlight Deck Furniture: On the aft deck a bench will be integrated in the permanent bulwarks on the cockpit deck with teak covers on top. Storage space will be available in the bench for dock lines and fenders. Hatches: 2 x Engine hatch in the cockpit 1 x access hatch in the cockpit deck with gas struts 4 x hatch in the cockpit bench 1 x Hatches in the foredeck for access to the anchor arrangement 3 x Aluminum hatches in the foredeck, of which one will serve as escape hatch Bulwark: The entire aft deck gangways and aft deck will be provided with continuous bulwarks.
- The vessel will be provided with twin engines propulsion installation. Engines: 2 x Caterpillar C9 ACERT-575 hp Heat Exchanger Outboard water pump Inter-cooling water system with circulation pump Thermostat Lubricant filer Fuel pump Fuel filter Electrical Installation: 24 Volt Starting engine 24 Volt/60 Amps dynamo Revolution and hour counter Volt meter Acoustic alarm Hydronautica EMC Electronic Engine Controls with Remote Reverse Gear: Two gearboxes ZF, type 305-2A with a ratio of 2:1 will be bolted directly to the engines. The gearboxes will have opposite turning directions. Propeller Shaft: The propeller shafts are water cooled and have a diameter of 2.5 inches. The shafts will be coupled to the gearboxes with cardan shafts. The shaft installation is provided with an integrated thrust bearing. Propeller: Two bronze 5-bladed propellers with a diameter of 660 MM will conjointly be installed on the propeller shaft. Size and type in consultation with the manufacturer. Exhaust: Main engines - Water cooled stainless steel exhaust pipes with a sufficient diameter will be installed to the main engines. A water lock, located in the eingine room, will be placed between the exhaust pipe and the engine.
- In a standard manner, control of the vessel will be executed in a manual-hydraulic manner by means of a plunger pump and will be operated from the cotnrol position. The installation consists of the following components: Two balanced rudder with steel rudderstock with a diameter of 45 MM Two rudder trunks equipped with bronze bearings with lubrication grooves an sealing A hydraulic ram, complete with coupling, relay and copper pipes with a diameter of 10 MM
- Fuel System: The fuel tank constitutes part of the construction. The tank will accurately be cleaned and pressured. A float will be placed in the tank for the benefit of the level meter; extra water separators with sufficient capacity will be placed between the main engine and the tank. The fuel pipes will be executed in copper and the system will be provided with the necessary valves which can be operated remotely. Cooling Water System: Heat exchanger Oil cooler Circulation pump Outboard water pump The outboard inlet will be provided with a Mud box of which the cover will be placed above the waterline and which can be locked by means of a ball valve. Bilge Suction and Deck Washing System: The fore peak, used as chain locker, will be provided with a small drain pipe which extends into the bow thruster pipe. The engine room and accommodation area will be bilged by means of two bilge suction pumps placed in the bilge. Fresh Water System: The capacity of the fresh water system will be approximately 237.6 gallons. The fresh water tanks, made of polythylene, will be placed under the salon floor and will be sufficiently insulated if necessary. A hydrophore will be placed in the engine room, which will take care of the water pressure system. The pipes and coupling will be executed in accordance with the standards of the shipyard. Warm water will be provided by the water heater. The system includes mixing taps at all tapping points of the kitchen, wash basin and shower/bath rooms and will be provided with the necessary filling and ventilation pipes. Waste Water System: The capacity of the waste water sysem will be approximately 105.5 gallons. The drains from the kitchen, wash basins and showers will drain directly overboard. The toilets will drain directly to the waste water tank, which will have sufficient capacity. The toilets in the Guest Head and Master Head are electronically and will be rinsed with clean fresh water. Draining of the showers will be by means of an electronic extender pump with a capacity of 5.2 gallons per minute.
- AUXILIARY TOOLS
- Generator: Onan 11.5KW with sound shield A water cooled diesel generator set of brand Onan will be insalled in the engine room. The generator set will be installed in a flexible manner on a foundation and will be provided with a soundproof box. The whole installation will be completely installed and connected. The exhaust is water cooled and will consist of a water separator and hose, delivered by the generator supplier, and will be connected to a separate outlet through the hull. Ventillation/Air Conditioner: The engine room will be ventilated in a natural manner. To this end, ventilation grooves are placed in the deckhouse on starboardside as well as on portisde, These which will be connected to the engine room by means of channels. The guest and owner cabin will be ventilated in a natural manner by means of the deck hatches and vessels will be cooled via MarineAir A/C system with Breath Easy UV tubes. Side Power: In a standard manner a 90 KGF electrical bow thruster of the brand will be installed. In a standard manner a 90 KGF electrical stern thruster of the brand will be installed. The stern thruster pipe will be integrated under the swimming platform to the stern.
- Thermal Insulation: The entire vessel above the waterline will be insulated with isolation foam (PUR). Acoustic Insulation: The engine with the flanged reverse gear will be arranged in a flexible manner. The salon floor will be covered with noise abosrbing material these measures prevents a transmission of sound of th eengine to the construction as much as possible.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
- The vessel will be equipped with the following fittings, wall sockets and so forth. Forward Owner's stateroom: 6 LED lights with alternating switches, 2 bed lights, 2 wall sockets Owner's Head: 2 LED lights Starboard and Port Guest Stateroom: 2 LED lights, 2 bed lights, 1 wall socket Guest Head: 2 LED lights Galley: Neon cove lighting, 2 wall sockets 220V with EL Salon: 8 LED lights, 2 wall sockets 220V, 1 TV connection, 1 radio connection, cove lighting Engine Room: 2 water-tight neon lights, 2 wall sockets water resistant 110v. All wall sockets will be provided with grounds. Electrical System: The vessel will be equipped with a 24 Volt and 220 Volt electrical installation, where possible, placed on cable carriers. The electrical system will be constructed as follows: 24 Volt starting system for the engine 220 Volt shore power system for board use general services 110 Volt outlets throughout A switch box will be installed at the hall to the rear cabin in which the necessary automatic safety fuses and earth leakage circuit breaker will be placed for the 12, 24, and 220 Volt groups. A full automatic switch for the 220 Volt system will be placed in the switch box. The latter will switch the following functions with the subsequent priority: 1. General operation 2. Shore Connection 3. Converter In the "shore connection: or "Generator" position, all the 220/110 Volt equipment and illumination groups will be available. In the "converter" position, all heavy groups will be out of operation. The light groups like illumination, socket outlets and radio will remain operational. The 220 Volt shore connection will be placed at the rear side of the ship. Shore Connection: One shore connection at the transom, stainless steel, including 1 x 50' -50 AMP cable with glendinning cable master. Converter/Battery Charger: A Viction 24/5000/120 will be installed. Batteries: A total of 6 batteries (maintenance free) will be installed, each of 12 Volt 130 AH. These will be divided in such manner that a starting battery for the engine of 24 Volt 200 AH is created as well as 200 AH for the bow thruster and a peak capacity of 200 AMP. For the starting batteries, the Generator will have its own power supply. All bateries will be placed in the engine room. Charging of the batteries will take place by means of dynamos. Generator with battery chager or shore power supply with battery charger.
- NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- Navigation Illumination: Starboard light (green) Port light (red) Stern light (white) Bow light (white) Anchor light (white) All in accordance with the standards of the shipyard. Control Position: Depth gauge Speedometer/ Distance meter Fuel & Water Gauges Instrument panel supplied by Caterpillar Garmin GPS 7212 Icom VHF marine radio Garmin Autopilot Fusion Stereo/CD with Bluetooth Jabsco Search Light
- Interior: The finishing of the interior for partitions, cabinets, beds and so forth will be executed in accordance with the standard requirements of the shipyard. Locks and hinges will be of a sound quality (stainless steel) and will be executed in accordance witht the standards of the shipyard. The accommodation will be panelled as depicted on the accompanying set-up drawing included in the atachement. Exterior: The entire main deck, foredeck, cockpit deck and swim platform will be covered with teak decking system according to the standrads of the shipyard.
- APPLIANCES/ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Galley: 1 Ceramic cooktop (2 burners) Bosch Refrigerator Exhaust fan Fisher Paykel Drawer Dishwasher Asko Washer/Dryer combo AEG Microwave/convenctional oven Stainless steel sink In consultation with the customer/shipyard a substitute brand is possible, if technically feasible and/or of the same price/quality. Entertainment System: 1 BOSE surround set with DVD player 1 TV screen: 42" LG Flat screen w/lift Samsung Flat screen TV's in staterooms w/DVD Fusion Stereo/CD w/Bluetooth Windows and Portholes: All windows in the superstructure will be made of hardened double security glass and will be glued in the construction. The glass used will be tinted grey. The portholes will be made of 6 MM security glass and will be glued into the construction. Escape Hatches: An escape hatch will be installed above the forward cabin; the escape hatch can be opened from the inside and will be installed in an aluminum frame of 500 x 500 MM. Equipment: 4 Fenders in the color dark blue with a diameter of 30 CM (per fender a 2-meter line) 6 mooring lines of approx. 10 Meters each 1 x National flag with flagstaff 3 Fire extinguishers of 1 KG a piece 1 x Automatic fire extinguishing system for the engine room
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics, and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawl from market without notice.
- Please contact Craig Cadwalader for additional information: 954-536-5083 email@example.com