- 76 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
S/Y FREESIA (name reserved) is a contemporary classic. Designed by Ocke Mannerfelt, she marries state-of-the-art glass laminate hull and deck construction with on-deck and below decks style reminiscent of an era gone by.
FREESIA was custom built for her original owner by the acclaimed Hinckley Yard in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Her quality construction and superlative attention to detail is pervasive. A unique vessel, she speaks tradition, while at the same time, belies her size with her carbon furling spar and hydraulic winches which make singlehanded sailing a reality while underway. Since her launching in 1993, she has been professionally maintained by a full time crew.
FREESIA has been updated constantly and has undergone major refitting in recent years, bringing her to her present magnificent condition. She is ready for her new owner to take the helm and set forth.
- S/Y FREESIA (name reserved) is truly a rare sailing icon. She was custom designed and built for one of the world’s most experienced yachtsman who wanted a vessel that had classic lines, yet embodied all the latest in modern yacht building and sail-handling technology. Her old world appearances, with butterfly hatches, and raised pilothouse, has attracted admirers in the most prestigious ports of call around the world. While turning heads in these venues, she discreetly entertained royalty in the along the quiet coasts of Scandinavia. FREESIA’s second, and current owner, recognized the unique qualities of this fine yacht and during recent sailing itineraries, brought her back to Hinckley for both refit work and upgrades that truly enhance her rare provenance. Only a change in plans now allow this hallmark Hinckley to be offered for a second time. She is truly a yacht that must be seen to be appreciated.
- HULL and DECK
- White Awlgrip topsides Teak covered decks Construction: Hull is hand-laid laminate of vinylester resins reinforced with knit hybrid Kevlar/E-glass fabric. This DuPont Kevlar® composite greatly increases hull strength against collision and abrasion. PVC 1.5" foam core is vacuum-bagged into the laminate to provide the greatest degree of stiffness and thermal/acoustic insulation. Deck is also Kevlar/E-glass with vacuum-bagged, cross linked closed-cell PVC core. The core is deleted and replaced with solid Kevlar/E-glass in way of all penetration and stress areas. Deck is bonded to a hull flange with reinforced polyester compound and through bolted. FREESIA has a raised bulwark with varnished teak cap rail in keeping with her offshore mission statement. Decks are uncluttered and laid with teak, with custom stainless fittings, well-placed dorade boxes with storage, and butterfly hatches. Bridge Clearance: (Approximately) 105 feet Fin Fixed Keel: Max draft (approximately) 9 feet Spade rudder
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- Rare Honduran mahogany joinery with raised panels is finished in bright varnish. With brass hardware the interior has a rich look and feel of a fine classic yacht. Headroom throughout is approx. 6’ 8” A total of 8 sleep in 4 cabins with three heads Espar heating (2012) Air conditioning, with 5 air handlers (2010) All lighting elements updated to LED (2012) Separate tool room houses an inventory of tools and spare parts The spacious Master Suite forward features a large, center berth, a large hanging locker, and an ensuite Head including a separate stall shower. There is a comfortable seat and a writing desk on the starboard side. A center hallway runs aft to the Salon and off this on both port and starboard are three Guest Cabins and a Head. First, on the starboard side is a Guest cabin with over and under berths and a hanging locker and bureau. A second Guest/crew cabin is also on starboard with over and under berths and a hanging locker and bureau. On the port side forward is a full Head with shower and next aft is a luxurious Guest cabin with ensuite head and shower. This cabin with twin berths was built for and used by a royal family while cruising. The Main Salon is the full beam of the vessel with a gourmet’s Galley to starboard. An abundance of storage lockers and cabinets, Force 10 4-burner stove with oven (2010) and a Hoove Ostin washing machine (2010) are just a few of the many features in this area. To port is a large U-shaped settee with a drop-leaf dining table, all surrounded with raised panel lockers, and book cases. The entire interior of the vessel has grooved panel overheads with Honduran mahogany beams, and this, combined with the light from classic lighting fixtures and custom butterfly hatches, make the below deck spaces a decorative showpiece of museum quality. Off the main salon and to port is separate Tool Room which houses a full inventory of spare parts.
- Moving up and stepping aft, there is a raised Pilothouse. To starboard is the fully equipped, forward-facing Navigation Station. Aft and to starboard is comfortable settee seating and a storage/charging area, handy to the companionway. To port is a U-shaped settee with a large dining table that offers 360° views while at anchor or under sail.
- Stepping up from the raised pilothouse there is a large cockpit with a drop-leaf, varnished teak dining table on centerline and spacious bench seating on port and starboard. At the aft end of the cockpit is a separate helm-seat area and with a teak rimmed wheel and navigation/sail control islands to port and starboard. This allows the vessel to be easily sailed shorthanded even offshore. There is a custom stainless/sunbrella bimini that covers the entire cockpit to offer protection from sun and the elements while offering many secure hand- holds while under sail.
- NAVIGATION and ENTERTAINMENT ELECTRONICS
- Complete new 2010 Navigation instruments: Raymarine E120 Chartplotter with Navionics Charts *Full chart inventory available Raymarine Radar RD424 4-KW 48-Nm range Y-Tronic AIS receiver 2 x Raymarine ST60 Speed/log 2 x Raymaine ST60 Wind Simrad Robertson AP20 Autopilot Icom VHF IC-M505 (GMDSS) Single Side Band radio TracPhone FB150 (2010) Sony Radio/CD player (2010)
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Mast and rigging constructed by Hall Spars,Rhode Island. Mast (stoway) and boom are carbon and standing rigging is rod. The standing and running rigging was checked (2011) and serviced/replaced wherever needed. Sails: (all North Sails) controlled by Harken furlers (2011) and Lewmar Commander Hydraulic. Main sail – in-mast furling (2010) Genoa (2010) New staysail (2010) Cruising chute/Gennaker Winches: True single-handed capacity underway Lewmar self-tailing winches for all sheets, outhaul and one halyard. Lewmar 3-speed primary winches *10 Hydraulic systems (genoa, staysail, windlass, deck winch, 2 staysail winches, 2 main winches, main sheet winch and outhaul winch) (Refit anchor locker 2012)
- Electrical System is 24V and 220V - from Genset, shore power or inverter (for outlets) Fisher Panda 12-kw Generator (2010) – 2,485 hrs (Dec 2012) - .6 gal/hr House batteries -12, 2-volt cells (total 1000 amp/hrs) Mastervolt electrical monitoring system Philippibattery monitor (2010) (3)Batterychargers (primary, spare and engine/generator starter battery) European 220-volt electrical system Universal power converter (2010) Transformer (2011)
- Engine: Yanmar 4LHA-DTP 200-hp diesel engine (2011), with alternator, Borg Warner/Twin Disc gear box to V-drive and 3-blade Gori reversible propeller (2011). 1,540 Engine hours – Dec 2012 Maximum speed under power - approx. 10.0 knots Cruising - approx. 8.0 - 8.5 knots Fuel consumption - approx. 14 litres/hour - Range 1800 Nm 2.0 gal/hr @1600 rpms, 2.5 gal/hr @1800 rpms, 3.0 gal/hr @2000 rpms Dual engine start/stop controls: 1-helm, 1-nav station Bow Thruster - Richfield 300T hydraulic Watermaker – Spectra Newport 700/5000 (35-gals/hour)(2010) (2) Thermoline air conditioning compressors, (1) pump and (5) air handlers (2010). (2) Refrigerator pumps, (1) freezer pump, (3) compressors (2010) (1) Water pressure pump (2012) and (2) water tanks (3) Automatic bilge pumps (starboard lazarette, main bilge and port bilge (2010) (1) Crash bilge pump, 220V, runs off generator (2010) (3) Vacuflush heads to black water system (2012) Tankage: Capacity (4) fuel tanks, (3 aluminum) approx. 480 gallons Capacity (3) stainless water tanks approx. 385 gallons Capacity (2) stainless grey water tanks approx. 79 gallons - (showers and kitchen) – (pump overboard) Capacity (1) stainless black water tank approx. 65 gallons - pumpable from deck or overboard Built according ABS classification (2008) In addition: Tank Tender system – 4 fuel tanks (3 aluminum) – port (157 gal), stbd (122 gal), forward (115 gal) and bladder (86 gal). Water and black water tanks pressure tested 2012
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Lewmar 3000 hydraulic Anchor windlass Dreadnought Fisherman 350 LB. main anchor Spare Bruce anchor 500 feet x ½” G4 HT galvanized anchor chain 2 x Avon 12-person life raft 12’ AB Inflatble dinghy with 30-hp Tohatsu engine (2012) Teak passarelle Stainless steel/teak swimming ladder Hatch covers Custom cockpit bimini Awning (2012) Jon Buoy Exclusions: Personal Clothing Personal Items Wok Tools U.S. (Metric tools stay with vessel) Paintings (2) in salon and pictures (3) in guest stateroom Binoculars Books Towels Snorkle equipment
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 • Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Eric Champlin Office: 772-403-5387 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com