- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
CHALLENGE is a tall-rig cutter sloop with removable staysail sail and an aft cockpit with sleeping accommodations for seven. This yacht is well equipped for coastal and bluewater cruising, and has cruised the Pacific between the US West Coast and Austrailia, and the East Coast between Bermuda and New Foundland.
- HULL and DECK
- Light Gray topsides (Awlgrip 2009-10) Teak overlay Decks White cabin top with Gold cove stripe Single wide blue boot stripe Blue bottom Construction: Fiberglass balsa-core construction. Underbody – Fin keel with centerboard and skeg rudder Draft: 4’11” board up, 8’9” board down Deck features: Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits – with bow pulpit seat Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Stainless steel boarding ladder Varnished teak trim Cast aluminum toe rails Deck hatches – cockpit and forward deck hatch Screens for all opening hatches and companionways Deck and cockpit lighting Two dodgers over hatches – Aft Cockpit = hard, Deck = vinyl
- Hard Dodger – Custom, White (4) Cockpit cushions with backs Awning – over boom Teak cockpit table and glass holder Pedestal wheel steering Monitor self-steering wind vane Compass
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- CHALLENGE sleeps seven in Forward Stateroom, Aft Quarterberths and the Main Salon in her fully varnished mahogany interior. Cabin sole is teak and holly. Head room is 6’ 4”. Woven custom interior fabrics – with slipcovers. Espar D4L heater – aft and main salon (2) Oil lamps – galley and main salon Barometer Ships Clock Stereo Screens for companionways Lots of lights and storage 24-hour chronograph Forward Cabin has a V-berth arrangement. Next, the Salon has an L-settee to port with centerline folding dining table centerline. Starboard is a settee with lockers over outboard. Head: The full head is next aft to port with Lectra San head. Galley: Starboard is a full galley. 3-burner gas stove with oven – (2) 20# bottles Sea Frost engine-driven refrigeration (2010) – front-loading freezer and refrigerator with top-load as well Pressure hot and cold fresh water, hand pumped seawater Aft, the full-width Aft Quarterberth and Navigation Station : Center aft-facing Nav Station Sleeps 3 - in a single to starboard and a port double quarterberth. This area includes the aft companionway to the Cockpit.
- ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm ST-7000 Autopilot, with remote Furuno 1830 Radar Furuno GP32GPS ICOMVHF Datamarine 3000 fathometer – with helm repeater Datamarine LX360 – with helm repeater Datamarine S100KL knotmeter – with helm repeater Datamarine 3030 repeater – with helm repeater Datamarine speed/distance remote – with helm repeater Compass (fluxgate) Icom Ham radio with auto tuner Radar Watch detector Dell laptop with Nobeltec software
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Tall cutter rig with boomed staysail equipped for cruising. Mast - Keel stepped mast. Mast height above DWL is 65 ft. Harken roller furling Harken custom running backs Harken mainsheet traveler system Navtec rod rigging Navtec insulating backstay/ham radio antenna Navtec hydraulic boom vang 1x19 stainless to 5/8" Navtec turnbuckles with toggles Rope running rigging to internal halyards Storm trysail track Spare wire stays Whisker pole Spinnaker pole Spinnaker topping lift (2) Jib halyards, (2) main halyard, (2) spinnakers, (1) staysail halyard Spare wire stays Winches: (Barients - All self-tailing) #23 Mainsheet #23 Main halyard #23 Reef/outhaul (2) #27 starboard and port genoa (2) Spinnaker winches Topping lift Sails: Mainsail – with cover 140%Genoa 120%Genoa- Hood 110%Genoa Spinnaker – Sobstad , full tri-radial Staysail - Hood Storm Trysail Staysail
- 12-Volt DC and 110-Volt AC systems: (5) 105-amp batteries (2) Engine alternators (2) Solar panels - custom dodger mounted
- 2009 Yanmar 55-hp FWC diesel engine Max 3-blade feathering prop with spurs Saltwater washdown pump LectraSan head system (2008) Engine compartment fire suppression system
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Nilsson V-1000 windlass Stainless anchor roller 45# CQR anchor 300’ anchor chain 25# Danforth anchor with 6” chain + 150’ nylon rode Equipment: (2) Custom full boat covers - Fairclough (Summer and winter) Docklines and fenders Magma propane BBQ grill – tafrail mounted Life jackets Lifesling (4) Fire extinguishers Firdell Blipper radar reflector Avon6-man liferaft with custom cover (uninspected) Garhauer davit for outboard
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378