- 51 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 70 FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
AVATAR is in excellent condition. She is a stoway sloop with an Ash interior. Flag blue with teak decks. Two staterooms, two heads. New sails, air conditioning, electronics, dinghy and outboard. Sail-a-way!
- AVATAR is a reverse-cycle heated/cooled SW-51 Stoway Sloop that has been continually upraded as noted throughout the listing and maintained in Bristol fashion with annual haulouts. She was built with many custom features such as her very light and airy French Ash interior and beautiful inlays in the cockpit coaming and now with all new leather interior. She is a special yacht.
- HULL and DECK
- Topsides: Flag Blue Awlgrip (New 2007) Cabin House: White Deck: Teak covered Boottop: Double white Cove: Gold Exterior Trim: Varnished Teak Construction: Hand-laid fiberglass hull and deck of cored construction for additional strength per weight. The hull has an Airex core and the deck is cored for additional stiffness. The deck is set into a 6" flange molded into the hull; fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Hull stringers and longitudinal stiffeners are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts. External lead ballast with a centerboard and a slot closure device. Varnished teak rub rail at sheer with solid stainless steel half oval Bridge Clearance: 68' 6" without antenna Deck Features: Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with gates Hinckley custom teak seat built into bow pulpit Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Stainless steel Hinckley bow stem iron Teak varnished cockpit coamings, winch island, aft lazarette cover and dorade boxes Custom compass rose inlays in cockpit coamings Smoke Gray hatch & companionway covers Dorade sliding inside vent closures Bow ventilators Custom forward teak-covered flush deck locker
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings with custom compass rose inlays Teak cockpit sole with drainage scuppers Opening watertight cockpit seats provide storage Cockpit Dodger – Sunbrella White grab rail with zippered front window Stainless steel dodger grabrail covered with elkhide Edson wheel steering - Stainless steel destroyer type wheel and elkhide rim cover Helm binnacle compass with cover Navigation instrument gauges mounted over companionway Stainless steel binnacle guard with custom mounted instruments HRH varnished teak fold-down Cockpit Table Hinckley varnished teak drink holder - binnacle mounted Varnished teak helm seat Cockpit cushions including custom helm seat cushion Cockpit speakers Watertight 12-volt outlet installed in sail locker Handheld pressure freshwater cockpit shower – mounted in winch island
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- Accommodations include sleeping berths for six (6): French Ash interior woodwork Laminated door and locker frames Varnished Teak and holly sole New 2011 Green leather interior - Main salon, quarter & pilot berths, nav station and fwd stateroom settee Custom brushed stainless interior hardware Built-in handrails Curtains Ship's Clock and Barometer – Nav Station Brass clock and barometer – Main Salon Reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning to forward & aft staterooms 2012 Stereo system and 2 flat-screen plasma TV’s. Vessel Walkthrough: Forward Cabin Double berth forward Spacious storage drawers under berth Built-in lockers above berth Separate 4-drawer bureau to port Oversize wrap-around seat to starboard Large wardrobe hanging locker with shelves aft to starboard 2012 Flat-screen Plasma TV – connected to cable and HRH antenna Recessed bedside book rack 12-volt reading lights Cruisaire reverse-cycle air conditioning in forward Owner's cabin - New 2010 Forward access to forepeak partitioned chain & rope locker A door can offer private access to the forward head or remain open to form a suite. Ensuite Forward Head (Next aft to port) Large head with separate access forward and aft Formica-lined, plexi-door stall shower Sink and counter Electric Sealand Vacuflush toilet with Y-valve and holding tank (2007) Full-length mirror on inside of forward cabin door Built-in waste container Stainless steel towel bar/grab rails Aft door closes off this forward area to form a spacious private suite. The Main Cabin Custom HRH installed recessed lighting throughout Built-in liquor/wine rack Seth Thomas brass clock and barometer Port: Large dinette Beautiful Ash burl table with built-in book rack Lockers with built-in crystal stowage outboard Starboard: Pull-out transom berth Pilot berth above and outboard. Starboard entertainment center: 2012 Bose DVD/CD/FM/AM Tuner – connected to Main Salon TV 2012 Flat-screen Plasma TV – bulkhead mounted Speakers in main cabin area and removable desk speakers. Galley (Starboard ) : Inboard-outboard galley with white formica countertops and varnished ash trim Litton microwave oven over outboard Shipmate 3-burner stainless steel stove with broiler and oven, and matching formica cover Grunert electric refrigerator/freezer – outboard forward Sea Recovery watermaker Large food storage lockers outboard Double stainless steel sink inboard on centerline Single handle hot and cold water faucet mixer/pull-out sprayer Saltwater & freshwater hand pumps Dish and storage lockers over sinks Dome lights over countertop Ports above outboard Guest 12-volt fan Aft Quarter Cabin Suite (Port): Large double berth (4) Storage drawers under berth Storage cabinets over berth Large spacious hanging locker Full-length mirror with varnished wood trim Opening port light (2) Guest 12-volt fans 12-volt reading light 2011 Cruiseaire reverse-cycle air conditioning/heat system ducted to aft stateroom Ensuite private head - with Shower Electric Sealand Vacuflush toilet with Y-valve and holding tank (2007) Waste container built-in Stainless steel sink Stainless steel towel/grab rails Storage lockers Full Navigation Station: (Starboard) Aft facing - Opposite the aft quarter cabin Opening varnished nav desk with instrumentation mounted above 12-volt and 110-volt electrical distribution panels outboard Phone jack and custom instrumentation housing at aft end of nav table Aft Cockpit Companionway Located aft, between nav station and quarter cabin Teak mounted port and starboard handrails Foul weather gear rod storage behind steps. Companionway ladder can swing out of the way to the deckhead.
- HELM & NAVIGATION ELECTRONICS
- 2012 Standard GPSCP300I GPS– at helm 2011 Raymarine Wind, Depth, Speed, Compass and Rudder angle indicators 2012 Standard Horizon VHF Radio (STGX2100) with AIS Robertson AP200DL Autopilot and hydraulic ram - 2011 Overhauled Raytheon Marine Radar/GPS/Color Chartplotter (2001) RL70C Pathfinder color display – Nav station RL80C Pathfinder color display - Cockpit Navtec multi-function panel in cockpit – hydraulic backstay and vang NMEA input for laptop computer Motorola Cell phone
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Tall-rig stoway sloop Hood Electric stoway mast – motor overhauled 2007 – kept aboard as spare Reckmann Sea Furl (2012 overhauled) Rod standing rigging (2007 all new) HRH varnished teak rigging rollers Spinnaker gear Storm trysail track Navtec hydraulic boomvang (rebuilt 2010) & backstay (rebuilt 2011) Spinnaker MPS halyard New topping lift with adjustment at boom (2012) New spinnaker/reaching pole (2010) 2nd Forestay (2010) Winches: (2) #36 Electric self-tailing primaries - Barient (2) #32 Electric self-tailing secondaries – Barient (1) #50 Electric self-tailing main sheet winch – Lewmar (2) #27 Halyard mast winches - Barient (2) #24 Halyard mast winches - Barient (1) #24 Outhaul winch - Barient Sails: Mainsail - Stoway –10.62 oz with battens (Doyle – 2011) 135% Genoa (North - 1998) Mainsail (2) Additional Genoas Spinnaker Staysail Gennaker
- Heavy-duty 12-volt system with Sentry 60-amp battery charger 2012 New house and start batteries Separate 12-volt starting battery 53-amp alternator for starting battery system (2010 overhauled) House/Lighting batteries – 450-amp/hours capacity (2011 new) 105-amp alternator for the lighting system Spare AC & DC circuit breakers Watertight 12-volt outlet installed in sail locker. Westerbeke 8-Kw BT8 Generator (957-hrs total Jan 2013 and only 22-hrs since 2007) - with 110-volt outlets. All necessary maintenance has been done including extensive repair to generator exhaust manifold. Shore power system and shore power cord. 2012 Magnum 2000-watt/100-amp charger/inverter/remote panel & battery monitor Hubbell telephone shore cord Trace interface power to TV
- 1999 Westerbeke 70 FWC diesel engine. All necessary engine maintenance has been performed since 2007. Engine hours = 716.8 hrs (Jan 2013) since 1999 engine Tachometer total hours = 3521.8 (Jan 2013) Hurth 2:1 reduction gear Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft with 3-blade Maxi propeller. Soft-mounted engine with Scatra drive Racor filter Electric fuel priming pump Reversible electric oil transfer pump Electric sump pump Bilge alarm system Electric impeller bilge pump Henderson double-action manual pump Both head dorades have reversible fans Shut-off valve for LP gas Reverse-cycle Air conditioning/heat to both forward and (2011) aft staterooms 2011 New pressure water pumps and bilge pumps 2007 New water tanks (2) Holding tanks
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Maxwell-Nilsson V3000C Windlass - Electric with chain wheel, chain stopper and deck switch CQR 50# Anchor - mounted in bow roller chock Chain - light alloy 250' x 5/16" Chain Danforth 35# HT Anchor - mounted in deck locker Anchor Rode - 200' x 5/8" Nylon Luke 70# Fisherman Anchor Danforth 20# Anchor 200-ft nylon rode with chain Equipment: Saltwater Jabsco 6900 deck wash– forward anchor locker Boarding & Swim Ladder HRH Teak Outboard Motor Bracket (6) Fenders Docking Lines Boat Hook Flagstaff (4) Fire Extinguishers Life Jackets Lensref Radar Reflector Emergency Tiller EPIRB Avon 6-Man Life Raft with cannister - mounted in deck chocks TV/FM Antenna - installed at masthead Guest Masthead Tri-color Light Windex - extended aft of masthead 2007 brightwork covers – by Stitch Works, Jamestown, RI Avon Dinghy with 9.9 Yamaha outboard motor
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378