O E X is race ready and ready to repeat its 1st place Transpac finish in 2009. Race results include LB-Cabo Race Record with a 1st Finish, 1st Class, 1st Overall and two 2nd place finishes. SB-KH Race top three in class 3 years running. Boderline Race 1st, 2nd. MEXORC 08 3rd.
O E X is optimized for offwind sailing with Fractional rig and Masthead spinnakers. She carries the most offwind sail area of any 70 sled.
2008-9 extensive refit with Twin Wheels, udated lead bulb, new rudder and moved forward, kelp cutter installed on rudder, liferaft / propane locker in cockpit floor, new LP painted hull,deck, and interior, new three burner stove and oven.
- General Discription
- All out racing sloop, designed to excell in off wind conditions. Fractional rig with ability to carry masthead spinnakers. With the larger sail area upwind and down O E X is the fastest SC70 sled in light to medium conditions. With a new lead bulb added in 2009, new design rudder moved forward with kelp cutter her overall speed and controlability is a dream. With the twin wheels moved forward, ahead of the traveler and mainsheet, the cockpit is easily worked by the crew. The low profile cabin house make easy work on the deck.
- Electronics and Electrical
- B&G Instrumentation 3 Hercules 2000 Multi Function at Nav station PC interface with Expedition Software Internet modem Garmin 2010C Chartplotter with AIS reciever SSB ICOM IC-M710 VHF ICOM M502 Sat Phone (needs contract) 2 x 8D House batteries 1 G31 Start Battery Simrad AP16 Linier Drive Autopilot Stereo with cockpit speakers High output alternator
- 12 Single berths 6 on each side Galley with Large sink Lots of counter space and stowage Microwave 3 burner stove with oven (propane) Double refrigeration boxes 4.2 gallon hot water heater run off heat exchanger Head (Electric) with vanity and shower head Power Survivor 160 6.7gph Watermaker Navigation station curtain
- Deck Equipment / Gear
- Carbon Fractional Rig with Rod Rigging Carbon boom 6 B&G Jumbo Displays at mast 2 MFD Displays at forward end of cockpit MFD Displays at each helm Twim Helms Cockpit Grinder for Primary winches All halyards lead to cabin top at cockpit with jammers Two Carbon oversized spin poles Mainsheet lead under deck to winches P&S behind helm Traveler behind helm Runners aft with deflectors on lower runners Hydraulic panel aft of helm for Backstay, Vang, Outhaul Grab bar aft of helm at hydraulic panel Complete running rigging with spares Certified Life Rafts Viking 4 & 8 man Life raft stowage in sunken well in cockpit Propane tank stowage in life raft stowage well Headstay aft of bow for great spin transfers on jibes 2 Blade folding propeller Updated lead bulb 2009 Kelp cutter on keel fin New Rudder moved forward and kelp cutter installed New LP paint on deck, hull, and interior 2009 Mast Jack 2 Fortress anchors with chain and rode Delivery dodger Miscellaneous back up gear Complete set of racing sails and delivery sails
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Personal gear excluded.
- For a personal viewing or first hand information contact Bill Petersen email@example.com