- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Gypsy Lady is one of the latest model B40's on the market. She has only had two owners.
Here is your chance to own one of the most sought after and iconic sailboats ever built. The Bermuda 40 is one of Bill Trip's most celebrated and cherished designs. These classic sailing yachts helped establish the Hinckley Company as a premier American boat builder. 203 of these semi-custom B40's were built from 1959 to 1991.
Her current owner prefers the low maintenance involved with unfinished exterior teak. The exterior wood is showing some heavy weathering now, and will need to be refinished to preserve it. Her original light blue decks are solid and are in good condition. She is basically appointed for day-sailing use, but could easily be updated for cruising.
This yacht is equipped with the optional interior layout that features a dedicated chart table in the aft starboard quarter of the salon.
- Peeled bottom and re-glassed with cloth, epoxy and barrier coat (2003)
- New stainless shaft and cutlass bearing (2003)
- New glass in all port-lights
- Aries wind-vane steering (not shown)
- New transmission (2004)
See the full specs section for a full list of equipment and amenities.
- Gypsy Lady is a beautiful Bermuda 40 MK III sloop with a Teak interior that sleeps 6 and has a separate navigation station. Her bottom was completely stripped and barrier coated with epoxy in 2003. Her uncoated topside teak is in great condition.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- From the main companionway aft, the L-shaped galley is to port, and the aft-facing dedicated navigation station is to starboard. The companionway ladder is removable in order to gain access to the engine compartment. There is a large u-shaped dinette with a drop-leaf teak table just forward to Port. Opposite of the dinette is a slide out transom and pilot berth to starboard. Moving forward you will find a large private head to port, and a large hanging locker to starboard. Continuing forward is the entrance to the private center-line main stateroom. The main stateroom offers a v-berth with bureau, hanging locker and plentiful storage. The entire interior is satin varnished teak with a teak and holly cabin sole.
- Main Salon
- U-Shaped Dinette to Port with Drop Leaf Table Teak Drop Leaf Table Converts to Double Berth Access to Manual Worm Drive Centerboard Control Inside Table Additional Fold Down Seat Aft of U-Shaped Settee Large Opening Hatch Single Pilot Berth to Starboard with Storage Pull-Out Transom Berth to Starboard with Liquor Locker Forward Multiple Hand Holds Throughout Two 12V Fans Fold Away Lighting Full Size Nav Table and Seat Well Appointed Galley
- Forward Stateroom
- V-berth, With Insert and Cushioned Seat Between Storage Below V-berth Bookshelves Outboard Bureau Hanging Locker Opening Overhead Hatch Two 12V Fans
- Stainless Double Sink Hand Pumps for Sea Water Formica Counters Grunert V2A Engine Driven Holding Plate Refrigeration (non functional) Gimballed 3 Burner Stainless Propane Shipmate Stove/Oven Trident LPG Control Hot and Cold Pressure Water Built in Dust Pan in Cabin Sole
- Navigation Station
- Seat With Storage Underneath Full-size Opening Nav Table AC/DC Electrical Panel AM/FM Cassette Stereo Main Switches for Windlass, Main DC, and Starting NECO Autopilot Datamarine Depth Storage
- Wilcox Crittenden Manual Skipper Head Shower Controls Single Stainless sink w/ Hot and Cold Water Hand Pump for Salt Water Lectra-San MSD Teak Grating on Floor Storage
- 4 Barient Self Tailing Winches Dodger (White, Not Shown) Engine Gauge Cluster Covered Switch Panel for Engine and Nav Lighting Hinckley Teak Cockpit Table Cockpit Cushions - White Vinyl Watertight locking opening seats offer sail locker storage Edson Pedestal Wheel Steering. Binnacle Mounted Compass Storage Locker with Propane Storage Cubbie Storage
- Raytheon NECO Autopilot Datamarine Depth Datamarine Speed Datamarine Wind ICOM VHF AM/FM Cassette
- Hand-laid solid fiberglass hull that is molded in one piece. The exterior skin is a layer of 1 1/2oz mat and unidirectional glass with vinyl-ester resin. 6500 lb external lead ballast was cast at the Hinckley yard with 3% antimonial lead and secured to the hull with 1" silicon bronze bolts. Foil-shaped centerboard is a single casting of solid bronze, and is controlled by a manually driven worm gear. Bottom Was Stripped and Re-Glassed with Epoxy and Barrier Coat in 2003 Original White Gel-coat Hull Teak Rubrail
- White Gel-coat Decks with Light Blue Non-Skid Gel-coat Ideal Windlass with Foot Switch Stainless Steel Stem Fitting on Bow Additional Danforth Anchors in Storage Chocks Two Large Stainless Cowl Vents with Teak Dorade Box and Storage Stainless Guard Rail Around Cowl Vents Spinnaker Pole Mounted Forward of Mast Traveler Stainless Stanchions and Lifelines. Lifeline Gates on Port and Starboard Stainless Cleats and Chocks
- Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum Mast and Boom with Lazy Jack System Stainless Standing Rigging All New Running Rigging SeaFurl fuller for Genoa Hood 130% Genoa with White Sunbrella Sun Protection Hood Main Sail New Main Sail Cover
- Ideal Windlass 45LB CQR Anchor w/ 200 Ft. Chain 13LB, 20LB, and 35LB Danforth Anchors Insulated Backstay Ready for SSB Installation
- Brokers Remarks
- Gypsy Lady is a solid late model Bermuda 40. Much of the vessel is still original equipment. Her owner of the past 10 years has mainly day sailed her. She is in need of some interior and exterior work to get her back to Hinckley standards. Her exterior teak is starting to weather, and is in need to finishing. The B40 is one of the only boats on the market today that could easily increase in value, especially after a refit and finish.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact: Kevin Barber at (850) 982-0983 KevinB@EdwardsYachtSales.com www.EdwardsYachtSales.com Click here for more quality Sailboats Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook Let Edwards Yacht Sales help find your next boat. Quality Listings, Professional Brokers .