- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 465 GTE
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
FINE LINE is a custom 40’ Billy Knowles cold-molded express sportfish. Considered by many to be the finest mid-sized express ever made, she was the inspiration for the 44 Garlington. She has just completed an extensive 2 year open-checkbook refit by a team of the finest craftsman including new engines, gears, electronic controls, hydraulics, tower, electronics, refrigeration, teak, paint and bottom fairing. Benefitting from meticulous maintenance and a complete service history, she shows as new with very low hours. FINE LINE delivers that elusive combination of economy, speed, acceleration, and maneuverability. She is equally at home fishing the Bahamas, Sailfish Alley, or prowling the Canyons. Her soft, dry ride and seaworthy manners will impress the most discerning buyer. If you desire the very best classic custom sportfishing yacht, look no further.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The vessel is entered through the centerline companionway. To starboard there is a settee, convertible to a berth. Directly to port facing aft is the electrical cabinet including engine and Genset starting panels. Forward to port is the enclosed head with sink and shower. Going forward is a stateroom with separate door.
- Main Salon
- Varnished solid cherry sole Settee convertible to a berth LED TV with HDMI hook-up LED AC/DC lighting A/C Stereo 5 large storage lockers Large removable floor hatch for easy bilge access
- Large extra deep stainless steel sink with H/C water Gagganeau electric smooth top stove Commercial microwave Norcold stainless steel refrigerator 4 drawer cabinet 4 large storage lockers Custom keeper box
- Master Stateroom
- Queen centerline berth A/C Cruiseair with digital control panel Large removable hatches for easy bilge and anchor rope locker access LED AC/DC lighting Port and starboard cedar lined hanging lockers with storgae under
- Teak cockpit sole 1 inch thick, epoxy fastened and crowned for quick drainage Teak covering boards 1 inch thick 3 in-deck hatches aft for easy access to bilge Custom refrigerated in-deck stainless steel fishbox with hatch and macerator Custom 50+ gallon in-deck livewell Rybovich full size teak fighting chair with teak ladder back and separate rocket launcher Custom bait prep station to port with storage under Custom stainless steel freezer to starboard with drink box over 6 swivel rod holders Fresh water washdown Salt water washdown Courtesy lighting Deck lighting 50 amp electrical connection Port and starboard in deck fuel fills
- Aluminum Marlin tower with buggy top, console, and seating Upper helm station with Glendinning electronic controls and Edson steering wheel NorthStar 10” 6000i GPSEngine instrumentation on helm pod visible through ventilation hatch Rupp double spreader outriggers with triple leads and Hal-locks. Rupp center rigger 6 rod holders on rocket launcher
- Electronics and Helm
- NorthStar 10” 6000i GPS NorthStar 952 GPS Furuno 1942 MK II 10” 6KW 64NM 4’ open array radar Furuno FCV-1100L 10”colorscope Furuno NavPilot 500 autopilot Si-Tex 110 SST LCD sea surface temp Icom VHF Standard VHF 2- 12’ x 12” Bowmar ventilation ports Palm Beach style teak helm pod with electronic controls Complete instrumentation: tach, engine and gear temp, engine and gear oil pressure, engine water temp, voltage Glendinning electronic control system with trolling valves Stidd helm seat on pedestal Port and starboard bench seating with storage under Alarm panels, buzzers, and lights Helm cover 3 sided full polycarbonate enclosure Fiberglass hardtop with sound attenuating headlinerEntire electrical panel raises electrically for ease of service
- Nor-Pro 9NY 8KW Genset (3 cylinder Yanmar), approx. 250 hours 50 amp shore power 6 Trojan AGM batteries in 3 banks Xantrex 40 amp battery charger Galvanic isolator Sintered bronze grounding plate Grounding system with transom zinc
- Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar GTE 465 HP diesel engines approx. 400 hours Walker Air-Sep upgrade Twin Disc MG-5075A 2:1 gears with Twin Disc KS 1195 oil coolers, trolling valves, Murphy gages Glendinning electronic control system with electronic trolling valves Aquamet 22 shafts PSS shaft seals 24 x 32 4 blade DQX Class 1 propellers with spare set Stainless steel V- strut Stainless steel rudders Sea Chest with scoop strainer for SWW, A/C and refrigeration coolant water 2 x 160 gallon fuel tank with crossfeed and shut offs Cruise-Air A/C Gunnert bait and deck freezer and refrigeration High water alarm Engine room access through cockpit hatch and through hatches in bridge lazarette Bridge deck easily removable for major service Air vents in cockpit and bridge for salt free combustion airBronze scoop strainers for engines and Genset
- Brokers Comments
- This custom cold-molded masterpiece of South Florida boatbuilding art, shows as new and is entirely turn –key and ready to fish. She has been fully “dialed in” by her experienced broker-owner getting 1 nmpg at a cruise of 26 knots. Guaranteed to be one of the best riding boats of her size, period. The most common comment Fine Line receives is “She is the nicest looking boat I’ve ever seen”. Come see her for yourself!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.