Well cared for and maintained Fleming 53 has benefitted from numerous recent improvements to include major mechanical overhaul. This represents a great opportunity to experience what makes Fleming one of the finest cruising yachts in its class.
- Entering the salon from the aft deck through the double doors you are immediately impressed by the spaciousness and ambiance. The attention to detail and exquisite handmade teak paneled cabinets gives rise to feelings of warmth and relaxation. The 16’ beam provides space enough for dining and lounging areas and great care has been taken to balance scale with function. The open floor plan of the salon encompasses the galley and dining area which can comfortably seat six. Along the port side of the salon is an L-Shaped settee anchored by a custom teak desk and storage unit with drawers installed in 2007. The starboard side includes an entertainment center along with a recliner and ottoman. 26” Sony Bravia XBR LCD HDTV KVH TracVision M5 (2) Direct TV Receivers Omni Directional TV Antenna Cable TV Hookup Samsung CD/DVD Player Yamaha RX-V596 A/V Receiver with Speakers and Volume Control in Salon, Master Stateroom, Pilothouse & Flybridge Weighted Hi-Lo Coffee/Dining Table Custom Salon Screen Door (2011)
- The spacious galley has Corian counter tops and is equipped with double bowl stainless steel sinks, convection microwave, ceramic three burner cook top, and a full-size refrigerator/freezer with ice and water dispenser. A storage compartment just forward of the cook top accommodates a full range of saucepans. A locker and small pantry on the starboard side provides additional storage and a convenient serving counter for morning coffee. GE Profile Convection Microwave (2003) Princess (3) Burner Cook Top & Oven Amana 21.6 Cu Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser & Teak Door Panel (2004) Corian Counter Tops (2004) Broan Trash Compactor Grohe Mixer Faucets New Water Heater (2010)
- The accommodations layout features a central passage which has proved to be so desirable over many years in Fleming Yachts. This layout contributes to an easy and convenient flow of traffic through the boat as well as making it possible to appreciate the full length of the boat from forepeak bulkhead to transom. The arrangement provides bunks to starboard, a VIP guest cabin to port and an en-suite master stateroom forward. The accommodations are dressed with teak and Formica and offers great comfort and convenience without any steep stairs to negotiate. The master stateroom includes a queen island berth with two skylights. Ample storage is accomplished via two large drawers under the bed, his and hers hanging lockers, drawers, & book shelves. A Phillips17” LCD HDTV is mounted to port and is connected to the Direct TV receiver. Both master and guest head are exceptionally spacious with generous glass and stainless steel shower enclosures. Each head contains Headhunter head systems and Corian countertops. A Splendide WD2100XC combination washer and dryer (installed in 2010) is located in the guest shower behind folding doors. The port stateroom consists of twin single berths. Storage is provided through a large hanging locker and drawers underneath each berth as well as built-in shelving along the aft and outboard wall. The starboard stateroom features the bunk layout with a slide out upper berth. Hanging locker, drawers and bookshelves provide ample storage for gear.
- In many modern designs it has become fashionable to eliminate the inside steering station, but the Fleming features a pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. Fleming created a dedicated place from which the boat is piloted and controlled without any distractions from other on-board activities but which is still only three steps from the salon and galley. Four interior steps safely lead to the upper flybridge station. Specially designed removable consoles provide ample room for a full range of modern electronic equipment without intruding on the full range of engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space. There is also a proper chart area with drawers and a chart light. Both AC and DC electrical panels swing out to provide easy access to wiring connections and the inside of the flybridge console is accessed through cabinet access doors. The watch-keeper has their own helm seat and an adjacent, raised L-shaped settee and new rotating table (2011) provide a comfortable social area with excellent visibility through the side and forward windows. Visibility forward and to port and starboard is excellent, and the two sliding doors open to the wide side decks. The traditional teak and holly sole is standard. There are large drawers and working space for charts, cruising books, and navigation instruments, binoculars and everything else a captain needs to chart and follow a safe course. A large stainless steel teak-trimmed destroyer wheel fits the ambiance of this ultimate cruising yacht. Furuno Black Box Radar, 4’ Ant & ARP Nobletec Navigation Software on Computer (2011) (2) 20” NEC Displays for Radar & Chart Plotter Robertson Autopilot AP-26 Furuno FA-150 AIS Furuno RD-30 Multi-Display Furuno GP-37 GPS/WAAS Navigator Furuno GPS Navigator Flow Scan Fuel Flow Gauges (2) ICOM M602 VHF Naiad Stabilizer Controller Bow Thruster Control 13” Sharp LCD TV Sony Closed Circuit TV (Engine Room & Masthead Looking Aft) Magnum Inverter Control (2011) Xantrex Battery Monitor Ritchie Compass Glendinning Synchronizer ACR Spotlight Control (2011) XM Weather KVH-252 Satellite Phone
- The flybridge is easily accessed from the pilothouse or by ladder from the cockpit. The two-seater upper helm is located to port and provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling harbors. The electronics console houses an array of engine instrumentation with easy access via a cabinet access doors aft of the settee in the pilothouse. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee with a large fixed table while the port side consists of an additional seating area and access to the dumbwaiter. 15” Big Bay Display Repeater Robertson AP-26 Autopilot Remote Furuno RD-33 Repeater (2012) ICOM M-412 VHF (2012) Bow Thruster Control ACR Spotlight Control Engine Start/Stop Hynautic Hydraulic Engine Controls Engine Control Gauges Glendinning Synchronizer Ritchie Compass (2) Shakespeare Galaxy 18’ VHF Antennas Flybridge Windscreen Replaced 2011
- DECK & CONSTRUCTION DETAIL
- In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, each of which can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform. On deck she has the familiar walk-around decks we are used to seeing on all the Flemings and the high bulwarks and Portuguese Bridge provide security for both children and pets. Four gasketed and lockable hatches provide access to the engine room and lazarette. Hand Laid Solid Fiberglass Hull Integrally Molded Guard with Stainless Rub Rail Simulated Planking Grooves in Hull Fiberglass and Teak Swim Platform Stainless Steel Swim Ladder Teak Cap Rails, Cover Boards, & Bow Rails Bow pulpit with Lofrans Windlass Primary Anchor: 55lb Delta style with 275’ High-Tensile Chain Rode (Chain replaced 2011) Secondary Anchor: Delta style with 150’ of ¾” Nylon Rode Forward Shore Connect Teak Decks & Flybridge Cockpit Freshwater Wash Down Shower Foredeck Fresh & Raw Water Hose Bibs Fiberglass Radar Arch with Custom Mast Upgraded Nautical Structures Low Profile Davit Tender: 12’ Nautica RIB with 40HP Yamaha (2006) Shaft Line Cutters (2011)
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
- The engine room is accessed from a hatch aft of the salon doors through the outside leading down to the well laid out engine room. Systems and engineering are a notable feature of all Fleming Yachts whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available for the job and make sure that it is readily accessible for maintenance. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Aquadrive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and isolate the engine by using soft engine mounts. The lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and parts. Having the A/C compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency and minimizes noise. Additionally, all battery isolation switches are accessible from outside the engine-room. T-Caterpillar 3208TA, Turbocharged & Aftercooled, 375HP (~5,600 hrs) 400 hrs on Remanufactured heads, Serviced Aftercoolers, New Injector, etc (2012) Aquadrive Anti-Vibration Thrust Bearings (Serviced 2007) Primary Generator: Onan 15 KW (~3,250hrs) Secondary Generator: Onan 8 KW (~3,800hrs)- Electrical Generator Rebuilt 2012 Bow Thruster- Hydraulic PTO off Generator Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers (Rams Replaced 2012) 12V DC Electrical Service MS-3000 Inverter Charger (2010) (4) Fiberglass Fuel Tanks (1,000 Gal Total)- (New 2009) Polypropylene Water Tanks (300 Gal Total) (1) Black Water Tank (100 Gal Total) Electric Oil Change/Fuel Transfer System Used Oil Storage Tank Hynautic Hydraulic Steering Reverse Cycle Air Con with 4 Zones Galvanic Isolator (2008) Battery Monitor (2008) (4) 8D Gel Cell Batteries for House Bank (2) 4D Gel Cell Batteries for Engine Bank (2007) 50 Amp Shore Connections both Fore & Aft New Fresh Water & A/C Pump (2012)
- CRUISING EQUIPMENT
- Life Jackets Switlix Six Man Life Raft Dock Lines Fenders Shore Power Cords Flare Kit
- Flybridge Console Tender Cover (2012) Black Texalene Windshield Cover Cockpit Sun Shade Flybridge Bimini (2012)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click Here for more Fleming Information Visit Our In-Water Showroom Click For More Previously Owned Flemings