- 49 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE UGLY!
This boat has some issues and may be considered a "project boat". Owner says "let her go!"
Over the years, her teak decks have leaked now and then and created some issues which have manifested in rotten wood in some spots below. A surveyor noticed wood rot in the forward and rear engine room bulk heads as well as in some of the deck supports below. I have added photos that show some of the problem areas and have labled them.
Having said all that I think that a good portion of the boat is still nice looking, but it's going to take someone who is not afraid to take on a project and has the time and expertise to make her the Beauty, she once was
Beginning in 2001 this beautiful navy blue Defever has received a major refit.Complete New Paint Job
- Fuel Tanks replaced !!
- Beautiful New Mahogany & Stainless Mast
- Teak Decks Recently Recaulked & Refinished
- New Portals & Windows
- New Teak Mini Blinds
- Corian Counter Tops
- New Stainless Refrigerator
- New Custom Cabinetry in Galley
- New Berber Carpet
- Teak & Holly Sole in Galley
- Three A/C Units
- Sharp Aquos Flat Screen TV in Custom Cabinet
The list goes on and on. Have a look at the specifications, then give us a call for full details on this outstanding vessel.
- Displacement: 50,000
- Total Power: 135 Cruising Speed: 8
- Fuel: 800 Fresh Water: 280
- Accommodations & Upgrades
- This Defever 49 Pilothouse Trawler is a soft chine trawler with a pilothouse and Portuguese Bridge design. The soft chine gives you a stable and economical ride that are expected of Defever 49 Trawlers. This long range cruising trawler has a low fly bridge profile with a semi-displacement hull with full-length, prop-protecting keels. This handsome and timeless design features wide and well-protected side-decks, a roomy pilothouse with excellent visibility, port & starboard deck doors, pilot berth, and a beautiful full teak interior. This DeFever 49 Pilothouse frist appeared in fiberglass in 1977. Mr. Arthur DeFever originally desigened this popular pilothouse trawler back in the 1960s for Grand Banks. Called Alaskans, these sturdy passagemakers soon became the envy of the serious offshore cruiser. "Tar Baby" has a beautiful warm wood interior with a two cabin layout. The master stateroom is under the pilothouse with the guest stateroom forward with a private head and shower for each. Starting in the bow, this is a standard Defever 49 RPH layout with the guest stateroom forward with a single berth to port and a raised single berth to starboard, hanging locker, drawer and shelf storage, an overhead hatch and access to the rope locker. The guest head has been upgraded and refinished. It has a shower aft to port and opposite is a large hanging locker. The Master Stateroom is mid-ship just below the Main Salon with a queen center-line berth. Privacy door secures this stateroom from the rest of the vessel and guests. Built-in night stands on each side of the bed along with a built-in lighted, mirrored vanity across from the foot of the bed. There is fantastic storage in hanging lockers, built-in shoe shelving, drawers; along with drawer storage below the bed and storage under the bed. Reading lights on each side of the bed. New designer comforter, and decorator pillows highlight the comfort of this stateroom. The private head with separate bathtub/shower is to starboard. Curved stairs to starboard lead up to the pilothouse. The pilothouse features a centerline helm, electronics & gauges, chart table, deck access from either side door, and plenty of cabinet and drawer storage. The spacious L-shaped dinette is aft of the helm station with with Ultra Leather cushions on settee and matching watch berth. There is a teak table, and new carpet. Steps lead down to the main deck where aft lies the galley to port with new corian counters and under counter sink with new facets. Opposite to starboard is a large pantry and a Kenmore 22 CF stainless Refrigerator/Freezer. The galley offers tremendous storage for food and cooking supplies. Aft, is the main saloon with occasional chairs to starboard and a queen sleeper sofa to port. During the refit the salon also received new vinyl wall covering, new custom teak window treatments, and berber carpet. There is a built in teak cabinet with a 20” flat screen Sharp TV under the pass through counter top. Above this is a built in bar and convenient hand hold. The upper deck offers the centerline flybridge with helm seat forward, gauges and electronics, and guest bench seating port & starboard under the bimini top. Behind the flybridge is a huge open deck with plenty of room for the dinghy, and additional toys. On the stern there is a opening door that allows access to the teak swim platform that is equipped with a stainless swim ladder. Many new upgrades were made on this vessel during the 2001 refit. Fuel tanks were removed and replaced along with new hoses. New Racor fuel filters. All windows were removed in the pilothouse and main salon and replaced with tinted safety glass. The portholes were replaced with stainless steel Hood portholes. The heads have been replaced with electric flush with LectraSan treatment system. Boat was painted with Imron by the Washburn Yard in the Solomans in Maryland. New Leather look upholstery New Berber carpet New Windows & Ports New Teak Mini Blinds
- Galley Details
- Very nice convenient and functional U-Shaped Galley with many upgrades. New Corian Counter Tops New Sink New Teak & Holly Flooring New Custom Cabinetry Sunbeam Microwave New Kenmore Stainless 22 CF Refrigerator in Teak Enclosure Propane Stove/Oven Pressure Water System w/ New Water Heater Lots of Storage
- A new 15" Sharp flat panel screen was added to the interior helm station that displays "Capt'n" navigation software. Very well engineered electrical panel and a full array of instruments. ICOM M120 VHF ICOM M126 DSC VHF Robertson AP300X Autopilot Datamarine Navigator Speed and Log Datamarine Internat'l Offshore Depth Northstar 941X GPS (2) 8" Danforth Compasses Furuno 1761 Radar Sony PCV-RX660 512 MB DDR & 80GB Hard Drive Computer w/Navigation Software Sony 15" Flat Screen Nav Display Onkyo Stereo & CD Player (interfaces with computer) Glendenning Synchronizer 20" Sharp Aquos Flat screen TV Trident Barometer & Clock (Pilothouse)
- Electrical/ Mechanical
- Original engines are in good shape with lots of life left in them. Engine rooms shows care and attention that has been afforded mechanical systems. New fuel tanks installed at refit in 2001, complete fuel polishing system, with additional 900FG Racor with De Bugger unit. Three newer air conditioning units, large battery banks, new water heater, and more. (3) Marine AC Units (16K, 16K, & 12K) (2) 8D Engine Batteries (4) Golf Cart House Batteries (1) 4D Generator Battery Heart 2500 Watt Inverter 130 Watt Charger Heart Link 2000 Battery Monitor Onan 12KW Genset Model MDJC (w/Racor 500) Electric Davit Winch Electric Windlass Propane Solenoid Switch Raritan Atlantes Electric Heads Raritan ElectraSan Waste Treatment System Morse Engine Controls 50Amp Dockside Electrical Cable
- Deck Details
- The pilothouse is perfect for long passages and cold or rainy weather. And the bridge atop the pilothouse gives the best possible view of shallow waters for sight navigation. 66# CQR Anchor w/300' chain 24# Guardian Anchor w/20' S/S chain & 300' 3/4" nylon rode Electric Anchor Windlass w/foot controls Deck Washdown Fenders & Lines Jabsco Remote Control Spotlight Avon 10' RIB Dinghy Johnson 9.9 Outboard Chicago Electric Tool 3000lb. Electric Winch for Dinghy Lift Bimini on Flybridge Textilene Sunscreen on Pilothouse Windows Various Canvas Covers BBQ Grill
- Spares include: Heat Exchanger, Alternator, Starter, Water Pump for Engine Coast Guard Safety Package including Life Jackets
- Owners personal items not listed here are excluded from the sale. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Broker - firstname.lastname@example.org - 941-518-5614 Please e-mail me! I'm getting too many calls. Click here for more information. We gladly cooperate with all Florida Licensed brokers on a 50/50 basis. Brokers not licensed in Florida contact us for further details.