- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- LP 688 D
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This Nordhavn 40 NET EFFECT is a full displacement long range passage maker well known for its fine construct and sea keeping ability. This Nordhavn is equipped for serious off shore cruising with Paravane stabilizers, a 105 hp Lugger 668 D engine that cruises her at 7.5 knots and has a range of 2500 N Miles with 920 gallons of fuel in twin Fiberglass tanks. NET EFFECT IS also equipped with a Yanmar 3GM 30 HP Wing engine to get you home safe as a backup and has the latest in electronics. Once you have arrived - the beauty of this Nordhavn 40 is her side power Bow thruster and stern thruster for easy docking and closes quarter maneuvering. She also has the well proven Nordhavn dry stack exhaust system and gravity feed fuel system, producing one of the most reliable marine engine systems fitted on any yacht. NET EFFECT interior is also designed for long range cruising. She has a spacious salon, a U shaped galley and a raised pilothouse with a pilot berth and two spacious staterooms below decks, featuring a forward island queen and a guest stateroom. The head is well appointed with a large sink and vanity and shower. Teak and holly throughout the vessel. NET EFFECT was one of the last Nordhavn 40s built in the US by Pacific Seacraft. This qualifies her for NAFTA so there are significant tax advantages for Canadian buyers. She can also be chartered in the US because her keel was laid here. If you are looking for a great cruising boat in a small package then NET EFFECT is at the top of the class.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Entering from the aft deck into the main salon NET EFFECT has storage and an L shaped couch to port and a storage and couch to starboard. Proceeding forward is the galley to port and a Subzero with ice maker to starboard. Six large opening windows surround the salon in addition to the oversized watertight aft deck door. Light, ventilation, and visibility are excellent. Moving forward down the stairs and to starboard is the enclosed head with a separate stall shower. There are two opening hull port-lights with storm shields that provide light and ventilation. Port is the guest stateroom with bunk berths and hanging lockers and access to the engine room via water tight door. The innovative hull strakes make the engine room very spacious. Moving back out to the companion way you and proceeding forward you enter the owner’s cabin with a large queen berth, lots of lockers and drawers provide plenty of storage, washer and dryer. Opening hull port-lights as well as deck hatches provide good light and air. The anchor locker is forward of the berth and is large and deep enough to accommodate over 400 feet of chain. Moving back aft to the companionway and up two steps to the main salon you turn and step up four more steps to the pilothouse. Watertight opening, Dutch doors on each side, a settee with table is aft and the upper pilot berth can be found aft and above the settee. A chart table, electrical distribution panel, electronics, engine controls, and helm. Great visibilities are provided by fifteen windows, hatches and ports. Stepping out to the protection of the Portuguese bridge you can access the upper dingy storage deck storage on the starboard side of the pilot house. A mast and boom with electric winches can deploy the dinghy. The dry-stack exhaust runs to the top of the mast. In the cockpit is a very large lazarette locker and built in cockpit seating. On the starboard side of the cockpit is an entrance and another door on the transom.
- Main Salon
- Six Windows for great lighting and fantastic view Dinette high-low table with two folding sides Overhead hand rails & lighting Levelor blinds Offshore outside clear cover for windows Clock
- Galley & Laundry
- Sub Zero refrigerator & Freezer Broan Trash compactor Water tank gauge sight tubes Large Custom spice rack GE Microwave Spectra Watermaker Force 10 Marine Stove & Oven Propane Corian Surfaces Magna Propane Grill in cockpit Stainless Steel dual deep sinks Splendide Washer & Dryer
- Master Stateroom
- Centerline Queen Berth Six Starboard Lockers Port Hanging Locker Large overhead opening hatch Two opening port lights with storm covers Direct TV HD Unit & flat screen Two large drawers in the base of the berth Seat Reading Light Starboard hanging Locker Overhead lights
- Guest Stateroom
- Hanging Locker Two Large drawers under bunk Door to engine room Two opening port lights with covers Two Bunks, Lower can be used as double Splendide 2000 Washer/Dryer Vented model
- Maxwell VWC 220 Electric windlass & Remote deck and helm switches 110 lb. Bruce anchor & 250 ft. of 3/8 BBB chain Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit,& two rollers Deck Hatch Deck Ventilators Salon storm window covers mounted on front of bridge Bow rails Spotlight Forward & aft Switlick six man life raft with hydrostatic release Propane Tank Locker will hold two 20 lb. tanks Portuguese bridge Paravane passive stabilizer system with dingy lift
- Electronics & Helm/Pilothouse
- Raymarine C140 Chart Plotter New 2010 Raymarine Fish finder New 2010 Raymarine 48 mile HD radar New 2010 Raymarine ST 60 Auto pilot Raymarine ST 60 wind speed Icom VHF IC M502 Raymarine Trackvision with three receivers EPIRBs Windshield Wipers Large helm wheel with Hynautic Steering Two Side Windows Overhead Hatch Compass Pilot house berth Two Aft windows Large bench seat
- Two Engine drive alternators A/C Shore Power & Cord Northern Light 8 KW Generator AC/DC Panel Central Bonding system Hot water heater House Battery Bank Main engine, Wing & Generator banks
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Lugger 668 Diesel 105 HP Main Engine Yanmar 27 HP Wing Engine Northern Lights Generator New Dry Stack exhaust & muffler system Oil Exchange System Fuel Management & Transfer system Racors for all Engines Sleipiner Bow Thrusters Sight glasses for all fuel & water tanks Keel Cooler for Main & Wing engines Spectra Newport UV watermaker Preventative Maintenance Replaced Keel Cooler Hoses Dropped and Flushed Keel Cooler Rebuilt Oil Cooler Repairs Replaced Exhaust Muffler Replaced Hot Water Heater
- Broker's Comments
- This is a nicely equipped Nordhavn. The owner’s boating needs have changed and will entertain under 40’ diesel trades.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.