- 43 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
*Current Survey from February 24th 2012*
This beautiful Baltic 43 located at San Diego Yacht Club is new to the market. For additional information or to set up a private showing please feel free to contact the listing agent at any time day or night. I look forward to hearing from you and showing you what this yacht has to offer.
Baltic 43 is an unique boat built to last and handle everything you throw at it...
Since 1973 - High performance yachts combining safety and easy handling.
Baltic Yachts is today a well-known builder of high performance sailing boats that are exclusive, tailor-made dream yachts of high quality material. We build semi-custom (ranging from 50 to 66 feet) and full custom yachts up to 200 feet, and our business vision is to be one of the leading boat building companies in the world.
In order to build light and strong yachts we utilize the latest high-tech materials and methods, but we are also pioneers in research and development.
We are an independent company firmly rooted in Ostrobothnia on the west coast of Finland where the skilful people working at our yard have a huge knowledge of boat building and can make almost any sailing dream come true. This is a heritage based on local boat building traditions spanning as far back as the early 13th century. All this helps create the special Baltic Family spirit, a unique spirit which is well-known to all our customers, partners and friends.
Welcome to the Baltic Family!
- Current Survey February 24th 2012
- Contact the listing agent for a copy of the current survey that was performed by: Frank K Wyatt February 24th 2012 You will not be disappointed!
- Specifications for WIKD
- NAME: WIKD TYPE: Sailboat - Cruiser/racer BUILDER: BALTIC YACHTS MODEL: BALTIC 43 tall rig DESIGNER: Judel/Vrolijk YEAR: 1987 ENGINE: Yanmar 4JHE 44 HP (1998) FUEL: 170 liters 45 gallons (ss) WATER: 416liters 110 gallons (ss) ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT: LOA: 43.34’ LWL: 35.76’ BEAM: 13.78’ DRAFT: 8.05’ I: 59.67’ J: 17.06’ P: 53.15’ E: 17.16’ DISPL: 19,754 lb BALLAST: 8,488 lb 13.21 m 10.90 m 4.20 m 2.45 m 18.19 m 5.25 m 16.20 m 4.92 m 8,960 kg 3,895 kg Forward cabin with a king-sized V-berth, storage underneath, a seat to starboard and port, hanging locker on starboard side with shelved storage and two cabinets to port and starboard, four overhead hatches for superior ventilation, private head with shower to port; next aft is the salon with a wrap around settee with dining table to port, dining table can be lowered to form a double berth, cabinets and shelves outboard above backrests, entertainment center mounted in salon. Opposite the salon is the nav. station; next aft to starboard is the walk through galley separated from the nav. station by a bar locker with storage for bottles and glasses and the top access refrigerator. Aft cabin with centerline king, seats to port and starboard, hanging lockers and shelves, storage lockers and a private head with shower. Grey leather upholstery in forward cabin and beige leather in salon, nav. station and aft cabin. GALLEY: ? Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water ? Fresh water foot pump ? Seaward marine microwave (built-in above refrigerator) ? Stainless steel 3-burner propane stove with oven and electric propane solenoid ? Propane line cut off valve ? Top- loading refrigerator with two compressors - (1) 120VAC for dockside - (1) engine driven ? Drying locker above sink ? Ample storage and counter space including pantry aft of stove ? Dishes and silverware place settings for four ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT: ? B&G Hercules System 390 with (4) 20/20 displays; (2) mast mounted and (1) port and starboard in cockpit. System has fluxgate compass, sonic speed sensor, depth and wind sensors. Values displayed on each display can be controlled by cockpit-located switches. 360 degree analog wind direction repeater. ? Hercules System 390 depthsounder and 390 master control unit mounted at nav station ? FURUNO 1621 Mk II LCD radar (gimbaled backstay mount) ? Garmin GPSMAP 210 GPS chart plotter ? ICOM M-80 VHF ? AUTOHELM 6000 autopilot, linear drive ? Remote for autopilot ? SONY AM/FM CD player w/remote control ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: ? 12 V DC service batteries 3x120 Ah (1997) Baltic 43 “WIKD” Page 1 of 3 ? Balmar 130 Amp alternator ? OPTIMA gelcell 12 V DC starting battery (1998) ? 110V AC shore power with outlets throughout ? Newmar 110V 50 Amp automatic battery charger ? Newmar 1800 watt inverter 12V DC - 110V AC ? 50' shore power cord ? Phone cord ? Fluorescent overhead cabin lights ? Brass reading lights in all three cabins ? Electric fans in salon,forward and aft cabins (1996) DECK AND HULL: ? Fiberglass and balsa sandwich construction, Kevlar/E-glass hybrid fibers and CK 57 aircraft balsa ? Flag blue hull with gold stripes (linear polyurethane Awlgrip 10/1998) ? Teak decks including cockpit and coamings, teak decks are vacuum bagged in epoxy (no fasteners) ? Elliptical fin keel with balanced semi-elliptical spade rudder ? Recessed anchor locker with Lewmar Concept 1anchor windlass w/gypsy and capstan (1999) ? Deck-mounted windlass switches, cockpit control and windlass safety switch ? Stainless steel handrail over companionway ? Bracket for outboard engine ? Dodger for main companionway, white ? Teak cockpit table w/padded storage bag SAIL INVENTORY: ? Gatorback full batten mainsail ? Cruising mainsail ? Genoa #1 (used once) medium ? Genoa #1` heavy Spectra 1994 North Dacron 1987 Larsen Kevlar/mylar 1996 North Spectra 1987 Hood 1995 North 1987 Doyle Spectra 1995 North Nylon 1987 Hood Poly 1995 North Poly 1995 North Nylon U/K Hood 1987 Hood ? Genoa #2 (used twice) ? Genoa #2 roller furling (reconditioned 1998) ? Genoa #3 ? Spinnaker 1.5 oz. ? Spinnaker .85 oz. ? Spinnaker .6 oz. ? Cruising spinnaker w/sock ? Spinnaker staysail RIG: ? Triple spreader aluminum mast anodized black, Tall rig ? NAVTEC discontinuous rod rigging ? NAVTEC hydraulic boom vang, backstay adjuster and flattener/outhaul with central panel ? Insulated backstay for SSB antenna and grounding plates, factory installed ? Spinnaker pole ? Lazy jacks ? RECKMAN R3 roller furling headstay ? ANTAL roller bearing traveler and mainsheet blocks ? All halyards replaced with Spectra/Kevlar line ? Running backstays WINCHES by LEWMAR: ? Primaries ? Secondaries ? Main sheet and control lines ? Main halyard (2) L-65 AST (2) L-55 AST electric (3) L-44 AST L-43 CST Baltic 43 “WIKD” Page 2 of 3 ? Genoa/spinnaker halyards (4) L-46 AST MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT: ? Holding tank for aft and forward heads ? Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch ? (2) WHALE Gusher 10 manual bilge pumps ? Sea water deck wash ? Double propane tanks ? SHUR-FLO fresh water pump with accumulator tank (1998) ? Electric sump pumps for both heads (forward replaced 1998) ? AC powered fresh water heater and fresh water engine heat exchanger ? Eberspacher diesel heater - forced air to all cabins and heads OTHER FEATURES: ? 3-blade Maxprop ? Screens for deck hatches ? Custom fitted bedspreads for forward and aft berths ? Upholstery for forward and aft berth cushions (1996) ? 45# CQR anchor with chain and rode ? 25# Danforth anchor with chain and rode ? Avon 6 man, offshore valise ? Fenders (6) and docking lines ? Winch handles and snatch blocks ? Boat hook and flag staff ? Bosun's chair ? Horseshoe life ring ? Man Overboard Module on stern rail ? Storm drogue ? Lifesling ? Safety equipment for eight plus ? Emergency tiller ? Bar-B-Q grill ? Swim ladder ? Throw pillows REMARKS: WIKD is in excellent condition throughout. The entire interior forward of the mast is used for the luxurious master stateroom with en-suite head and shower. The tall rig and elliptical keel offer exceptional performance upwind. The layout of the deck and cockpit makes for easy handling. An excellent example of a well appointed and maintained BALTIC 43', WIKD offers a perfect blending of cruising comfort and serious racing capability. LOCATION: San Diego, CA
- Performance Indicators
- D/L = 192 (150-200 = Cruiser /Racer ) B/D = 43%( Above 35% = stiffer boat and higher resistance) SA/D = 18 (16-20 = High Powered Performance) Comfort = 23.2 (Moderate motion) Capsize = 2.04 L/B = 3.1
- Furuno 16 Mile Radar Garmin Handheld GPS Autopilot B&G Hercules Speed Instrument B&G Hercules Wind Instrument B&G Hercules Depth Instrument Icom M55 VHF Stereo W/CD player Paper Charts
- Diesel Heater
- Diesel Forced air heating system throughout the yacht.
- Yanmar 4JHE 40hp MAX Prop Feathering Propeller Type: Diesel Marine High Speed Fresh Water Cooled Alternator 12v high output
- Rigging & Sails
- Spar = Extruded Aluminum Rigging = Stainless Rod Sails = 2 - Main Sails, 3 - 100%, 120% & 150% Genoa, 4 - Spinnakers Winches Lewmar, Two Electric #55's & 65 three speed, two #43, four #40 and three #30 Navtec Hydraulic backstay Vang Babystay Rod rigging dimensions = Inners 7/16'', Outers 1/2'', Backstay 5/16'', running backs wire 3/8'',
- Sail Area
- IJPE : 902.00 sq ft I : 58.00 ft J : 17.08 ft P : 51.58 ft E : 15.75 ft Working Sail Area : 902.00 sq ft
- Stove = 3 burner LPG Oven and Broiler Microwave Refrigeration, Raw water cooled with holding plate Hot & Cold water pressure Newer water heater
- 1 - Fuel total capacity = 45 USG Stainless-Steel 2 - Water total capacity = 70 USG Stainless-Steel Holding Tank
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Baltic 43 is a sloop-rigged IOR-IMS racer - cruiser. The hull is balsa core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fiberglass mat, unidirectional roving and mat-roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well-insulated structure. Unidirectional roving is a special developed E-glass - aramid (Kevlar) hybrid to improve impact resistance, strength and safety of the construction. High-grade resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate. Taking advantage of modern lightweight construction techniques and fiber technology enables a higher ballast-displacement ratio, which gives better performance and seaworthiness. The new, rounded keel shape is based on extensive tank testing and practical tests on one-off racing yachts. Keel performance is optimized. The new keel shape has a higher lift-drag ratio than a conventional fin type keel, and a lower centre of gravity, increasing stability without adding ballast weight. Shorter cord lengths at top and tip improve laminar flow and lower drag. The mast is a three-spreader racing-cruising type. Spar is made from aluminum alloy as a hollow, oval section and provided with aluminum airfoil spreaders. Available in two interior configurations. Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak-faced, with solid teak or laminated teak frames and cappings. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and hand-rubbed to obtain a satin type surface.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.