Beautifully kept 1991 Pearson 27-2 Winged Keel, Tall Rig, Masthead Sloop with Westerbeke inboard diesel, for sale in Brooklyn, New York.
Pearson started building this fabulously popular Bill Shaw design in 1988. Built as a family cruiser, she has an open interior with forward bench seats that serve as two single berths, or, with the table lowered, a very spacious double berth. This forward arrangement permits a friendly galley area to port amidships with a two burner alcohol stove and a large galley sink. The large insulated ice box is opposite to starboard which also serves as a navigation area with a large flat top for charts. The very large head is all the way aft to port, has a traditional manual marine head, sink, and shower. Aft to starboard is an extremely large double quarter berth. The Westerbeke diesel engine is amidships behind the companionway ladder.
Rigged with the tall rig, masthead rig, and a winged keel with transom hung rudder, this is a very friendly sailing boat, great up wind capability, even in lighter airs. Good beam, low wetted area, aft slung rudder also make her a sporty ride down wind. This is a wonderful sailing boat, easily cruised singlehanded or an easy sailor for a couple or a young family.
The cockpit is large enough for cocktails on deck with the family. The wheel is all the way aft, under a bimini, and in easy reach of the sheets. The main halyard leads aft to the cockpit as does the vang and the jiffy reefing. No need to go forward under sail.
Here is an awesome 27 ft winged keel cruiser with inboard diesel and wheel steering, key attributes of a larger yacht. The interior is gorgeous with the open cabin layout and large head, galley, and table. Nicely kept, new electronics, this is a great boat of the serious cruiser, or a family wanting to get into boating for the first time.
- One Large central saloon with opposing seating forward around a large adjustable table. Table lowers to fill in for a large double berth forward. Galley are to port with good access to two burner alcohol stove and galley sink with pressure water. Large ice box / navigation area to starboard. Starboard aft is an overlarge head with manual marine toilet, basin sink, and telephone shower. Port aft is a large double quarter berth that wraps around under the cockpit deck.
- additional details and equipment
- MAKE: Pearson MODEL: 27 Mark II YEAR: 1991 LOA: 26’ 11” LWL: 22’ 6” BEAM: 9’ 2” DRAFT: 3’ 4” SAIL AREA: 332 FT2 DISPLACEMENT: 5800 lbs BALLAST: 2175 lbs BRIDGE CLEARANCE: 35’ HULL MATERIAL: FRP DECK MATERIAL: FRP TANKAGE FUEL: 10 g WATER: 25 g WASTE: 10 g ENGINES AND MACHINERY NUMBER OF DRIVE ENGINES: 1 MANUFACTURER: Westerbeke MODEL: 12B HORSE POWER: 10 FUEL: Diesel HOURS: 1000 DRIVE TYPE: direct COOLING SYSTEM: FRESH WATER (CLOSED) BATTERY STARTING: 1 HOUSE: 1 TYPE: Wet Cell SWITCH: Parallel SHIPS VOLTAGE DC: 12 v SHIPS VOLTAGE AC: 110v SHORE POWER AMPS: 30 NUMBER OF INLETS: 1 CORD LENGTH: 50’ BILGE PUMPS: 1 electric BATTERY CHARGER: 10 amp PRESSURE WATER SYSTEM HOT WATER SYSTEM: electric (not hooked up) ACCOMMODATIONS SLEEPS TOTAL: 4 SALON BERTHS: 2 AFT BERTHS: 1 double HEADS: 1 HEAD: marine manual SHOWER: 1 SINKS: 1 GALLEY AREA: SINK ICE BOX: COOKTOP: ALCOHOL SALON AREAS: SWIVEL TABLE: SEATS 6 PERSONS DECK AREAS COCKPIT SEATS: 8 PERSONS HELM Wheel Steering BOW RAIL STERN RAIL SWIM LADDER PRIMARY ANCHOR: Danforth CHAIN LENGTH: 10’ RODE LENGTH: 150’ ELECTRONICS, NAVIGATION AND SAFETY WIND INSTRUMENTS: RayMarine Direction / close hauled DEPTH FINDER: RayMarine Analog LOG: RayMarine Speed / trip VHF RADIO: Yaesu FIRE EXTINGUISHER/S: 2 LIFE RINGS: 1 LIFE JACKETS: 4 CANVAS CANVAS COLOR: Blue BIMINI MAIN SAIL COVER WINCH COVERS BINNACLE COVER OWNERS NOTES: Tall Rig Masthead Sloop Mainsail: Dacron in good condition Headsail: Genoa 130% Dacron in good condition Harken Roller Furling Gear Lazy Jacks All halyards and sheets lead to cockpit Wheel Steering New Engine Instrument Panel Winged Keel
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact the listing broker, Robert Moore, (203) 858 3858 to discuss this boat or any other boat. email@example.com This boat is shown by appointment only. www.ruddersandmoorings.com