- Solid hull constructed by the Jarvis Newman Yard in Southwest Harbor, Maine, in 1986 with hand-laid fiberglass using 5 doubles of mat and woven, plus reinforcing, bonded bulkheads and glassed stringers. The Robert Rich Boatshop in Bass Harbor completed RANGER in 1987 with excellent workmanship and design. Oak framework and cabin house over fiberglassed marine plywood decks. Flush self-bailing cockpit without a step, painted in gray nonskid. White gel coat topsides. Painted handrails, toe rail, and trim. Weather decks also painted with nonskid. Exterior is all painted for ease of maintenance. Bottom sandblasted and barrier coat applied, 2005. Teak swim platform.
- Engine and Mechanical details
- The professionally maintained Cummins 210 has 2920 hours. 4-blade bronze propeller, stainless steel shaft w/line cutter. Stainless steel Destroyer wheel. Hydraulic steering ram. Skeg mounted rudder. Cruises well: 13 knots at 2200 rpm. Maximum speed 16 knots at 2600 rpm. Economy: An average of 1.76 gallons/hr at speed range of 6 to 13 knots. The owner's log of fuel use and engine hours is available.
- Accommodations and galley
- Below, RANGER comfortably accommodates a cruising couple. Access to the chain and line locker forward is followed by the spacious double V berth with insert in place (7'3" long). The cushions are upholstered in blue fabric, outboard the forepeak is lined with cherry ceiling. There is ample stowage beneath berths. Ambient light and ventilation provided by opening hatch and one opening port. Each berth has reading lights. Abaft to starboard is a large hanging locker and bin followed by large enclosed shower and Raritan head with holding tank, Y valve, and option to discharge overboard. Abaft to port is the 6'2" long galley with stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, Alder Barbour refrigerator, and 2-burner propane stove with oven. Cabin sides and top are white Formica with cherry trim/fiddles and a painted gray cabin sole. Two solar cabin vents. Three closed ports. Headroom is just under 5'11". The companionway leads up and aft to the pilothouse and large cockpit. The helmstation is to starboard with helmsman chair. There is a matching chair to port. Both chairs have green cushions. Forward windows have wipers. Ranger also has four folding directors chairs and a folding dining table. The cockpit is self-bailing with nonskid deck. There is excellent engine access beneath engine covers, and the steering linkage can also be accessed through hatches in the deck. The pilothouse has roll-up canvas backs with windows. Aft is a generous teak bench that runs completely athwartships with stowage beneath and a green seat cushion. A teak entry stepladder can be used both port and starboard.
- Three large deep-cycle 12V batteries under platform. 1-2-Both Master Switch. Circuit breaker panel. Bilge Pumps, steaming lights, navigation lights. Two electric wipers. Shore power.
- Raymarine GPS w/radar, 2003 Depthmeter VHF radio 5" Ritchie compass Weems & Plath barometer Weems & Plath chronometer Electric chain windlass Stainless steel bow rail Danforth Anchor Bower CQR anchor with chain rode and nylon leader Zodiac Coaster six person liferaft Docklines Fenders Cabin heater Life jackets Flares
- RANGER is a well maintained and equipped Downeast pleasure cruiser. An ideal picnic boat and also perfect for a cruising couple. Thoroughly seaworthy and capable, with a Jarvis Newman hull that has a great reputation. A handsome boat that catches the eye at a mooring or anchorage.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Rudders and Moorings LLC , Stonington Office: Howard Taylor @ The Forge, 22 Bayview Avenue, Stonington, Connecticut 06378 email: email@example.com