- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Just returned from 3rd Bahamas Cruise!!
New Aluminum Fuel Tank & Poly Holding Tank 2012. New Garmin 4210 & Weather WX, New Curtains and Cushions 2009, New Exhaust & Muffler 2011, New Stainless Steel Hot Water Heater 2012, New Bottom 2004, New Electric Windlass 2010, New Bimini & Side Curtains 2010, New 9' Apex Dinghy 09 and 4HP Yamaha & 15HP Johnson.
Meticulously Maintained with 18 Year Log.
- Monk 36 is often considered the best 36’ trawler. Economical 2 gallon/hour allows a cruise to the Bahamas on one tank of diesel! She is designed by legendary West Coast Off Shore Commercial Naval Architect Ed Monk Sr. “Set Free” just returned from her 3 rd Bahamas Cruise and is meticulously maintained by her owner of 18 years. She has made a 52 hour run from Orange Beach Alabama to St. Petersburg, Florida. A 27 hour run from St. Petersburg, Florida to the Dry Tortugas and burned 138 gallons in 70 hours from Ft. Lauderdale through the Keys to St. Petersburg last winter and handled 12 plus seas off Great Stirrup Cay in the Berry’s with on the dog getting sea sick! The owner is moving up to a larger live aboard trawler. New Aluminum Fuel Tank and Holding Tank in 2012, New Cushions, Bimini, Curtains, Hot Water Heater, Exhaust, Garmin 4210 and Weather WX in 2012 which will allow for safe and easy navigation, Water Pumps and Three 8-D Batteries allow years of cruising ahead! Full beam Aft Master suite is quite and spacious. The Master has a Centerline Queen and Full Shower and Tub with lots of Hanging Lockers and Drawers for casual and dress up times. Her Forward Stateroom offers privacy and has a Head with Hanging Lockers for guests and additional storage. The Full Galley allows for long range cruising with large storage under the settee for months of cruising provisions. A 2009 9’ Apex Dinghy and Engine allows for exploration and the Stainless Steel Simpson Davits are top of the line and easy to operate. “Set Free” is clean and ready for the Great Loop, Keys and Bahamas again. With her Fiberglass Walkaround Decks she provides Safety and Simplicity.
- Entering the Salon from the walk around fiberglass decks can be done from either port or starboard sliding doors. In the Salon you'll find an L-shaped drop settee to port and large storage area below. Opposite to starboard is the lower helm with Garmin GPS, Furuno Radar, Auto Pilot, bow Thruster, Windlass, VHF, Compass and Depth Sounder. Aft to starboard is the full Galley with double stainless sink, fresh water Sea Gull filter, large refrigerator/freezer. Princess 3 burner stove/oven, microwave and storage. Full Teak & Holly floors and Teak walls adds warmth and durability.
- Seating for 6 Fold out drop down table converts to double berth Storage beneath 19" TV with built-in DVR
- Princess 3 burner cooktop/oven Microwave Double stainless steel sink with faucet Refrigerator/freezer - New 2009 Hot & cold pressure fresh water system with Sea Full water filter for drinking & ice Storage below Large windows & New Curtains
- Master Stateroom
- Down three step aft through the teak door is the Master Stateroom. Queen centeline bed is convenient to make-up and provides drawers to starboard and hanging lockers to port. The full head with shower and tub is convienient for cruising.
- Master Head
- Enclosed Shower/Tub Mirror Sink Toilet Storage area below Stainless steel porthole with screen
- Guest Stateroom
- The Forward Stateroom is a large 6'6" v-berth with storage under and multiple drawers and hanging locker to starboard. The second head provides privacy and additional storage. Stainless steel portholes with screen.
- Guest Head
- Mirror Sink Toilet Cabinet Storage Towel Rack
- Teak wheel New standard Horizon VHF Cetrek auto pilot Compass Electric windlass control Full gauges & depth finder Furuno radar Stereo System Garmin 492 GPS Bow thruster control Port & starboard doors for access to decks
- The Flybridge is easy access along the fiberglass non-skid decks. The flybridge has seating for 9 people and is convenient for at least 6. The bridge is fully enclosed and has Garmin 4210, Weather WX, Windlass, Bow Thruster, Stainless Steel, Autopilot, 2 Captain Chairs, Compass and Large Storage under seats and forward under the helm.
- Furuno radar at lower helm Cetrek autopilot - at both helm Garmin 4210 & 492 GPS Depth finder 2 VHF radios
- Electrical System
- 4.4 Westerbeke Generator 3-8D Gel Battery Banks 110 & 12 Volt electric panel Lewmar electric Windlass w/ upper, lower helm and deck controls
- Mast & boom Stainless steel Simpson Davit - Imported from England
- Engine Room
- New Aluminum fuel tank- 2012 Clean heat exchangers- 2011 3-8D Gel battery banks - New 2010 Macerator - New 2008 Fresh water pumps - New 2009 Exhaust muffler - New 2011 53 Gallon Holding tank - New 2012 Gen Water pump - New 2011 Perkins Water pump - New 2011 Halon system 4.4 Westebeke generator Easy access to strainers
- Aft Deck
- Fiberglass non -skid 2-fishing pole holder Life ring Life sling Magma gas grill 4HP Yamaha spare dinghy engine
- Fiberglass non-skid Stainless steel cleats & anchor post
- Bow pulpit Fiberglass decks & hull Extended Teak swim platform Transom - port & starboard access Mast & boom Spreader lights on mast Stainless steel Hawse pipes, cleats Varnished Teak handrails, stainless stanchions Large stainless steel scuppers aft, port & starboard Double anchor rode w/chain Electric windlass
- Personal Item and Tools
- Broker's Remarks
- "Set Free" is a remarkable value and as seaworthy beyond it size as she has been through 12 plus foot of seas off the north end of the Berrys in the Bahamas attests!!!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht