- 41 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Yanmar 2GM 20F
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
In the outset of 2011, the current owner had the entire boat gone through to bring her to prime racing condition. All work was performed by one of the most experienced local riggers and one of only two with extensive experience commissioning new J Boats in Southern California. Items addressed at that time were a new bottom, mast and standing rigging were pulled and serviced, engine and transmission serviced, electrical/electronics systems all gone through, floorboards removed, refinished, and refit, and the entire boat was detailed inside and out. Since then she has been maintained to highest standard and is in like new condition.
This is truly a beautiful, turn-key boat, which is ready for her new owner to enjoy immediately.
Highly motivated seller looking to move up to larger race boat. Trades Considered!
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- From its large carbon wheel to the fine teak joinerwork and Ultra-leather or suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the new J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht… in the best sense of the word. Yet, J/124’s focus on short-handed sailing qualities doesn’t preclude many days of offshore coastal sailing. Her narrow beam and low center-of-gravity are hallmarks of seaworthiness. All the important stuff is there: An adequate galley and chart table; the accessible top-loading icebox; 6 feet of headroom; three separate sleeping areas; a dodger for all-weather protection; and a cockpit made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on. The high-tech composite hull evolves from J’s that have dominated IRC competition in Europe over the past three years. The Hall Spars mast and ACC rudder are carbon fiber. Easiest configuration of all is the optional and removable Hoyt self-tacking jib boom with roller furling jib.
- Hull and Deck
- Hull and deck built with patented SCRIMP resin infusion molding process using bi-axial hybrid skins and Baltek end-grained balsa core. SCRIMP molded composite structural grid incorporating keel floors, mast step and longitudinal supports. Ten year transferable warranty against hull blistering. 7.0 draft high-lift, low CG lead keel with bulb bonded/bolted to molded sump. Bow anchor locker with deck hatch suitable for spinnaker/snuffer storage. Off-white deck with high traction molded non-skid. Contrasting color single boot stripe molded into hull. Four (4) custom polished mooring chocks and six (6) stainless Herreshoff style mooring cleats. Two stainless grab rails on coach roof. Double lifelines with bow rail, split stern rail, and two lifeline gates. Three overhead deck ventilation hatches and five white framed opening ports. Halyards and reef lines led aft to two Lewmar self-tailing winches on cabin top. Harken jib sheet system with 4 jib tracks, two foot blocks and two Lewmar self-tailing primary winches. Euro-style mainsheet system led from mast below decks aft to Lewmar self-tailing mainsheet winches near helm. Spinnaker sheet and tack line system including five folding Wichard padeyes and Harken turning blocks. Roller furling control line led to cockpit. Spacious cockpit with tall backrests, large cockpit seat locker, propane locker and two lazarette storage lockers. Molded stern boarding platform with SS telescoping swim ladder
- Propulsion and Steering
- Yanmar 3JH4E 40hp diesel sail-drive with Flex-O-Fold two-blade geared folding propeller. Yanmar engine panel recessed in cockpit. 25 gallon aluminum alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port. CSI composite rudder with carbon shaft mounted in Jefa self-aligning, low friction rudder bearings. 1.4m Carbon Fiber Lewmar Y-spoke wheel on custom molded pedestal with Ritchie compass and stainless binnacle guard. Aluminum emergency tiller. 12 volt house electrical system, with two 105amp AGM batteries, rotary battery switch, and 12volt distribution panel in Navigation area. Gimbaled Force 10 two burner propane stove with broiler, and one 10lb bottle located in cockpit propane locker. Pressure cold water system in galley and head with 35 gallon water tank. Manual fresh water foot pump in galley. Attwood self-contained shower sump and pump. Raritan marine head with Y-valve and overboard discharge pump and 15 gallon Ronco holding tank. Par Max shower drain pump Rule automatic 12V bilge pump in keel sump. Whale manual bilge pump mounted in the cockpit.
- Spars and Rigging
- Hall Spars, autoclave cured, Carbon Fiber mast, with double spreaders, finished in Awlgrip white above deck and clear coat below deck. Aluminum boom with 10:1 outhaul and internal sheaves for mainsheet system. Hall Quik Vang with purchase system. Nitronic 50 continuous rod rigging package with Hall pre-assembled headstay. Harken jib furling system. Sailtech integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Interior Details
- Main cabin elegantly appointed in white laminated panels with cold-molded teak trim and varnished teak hull sidings. Varnished teak and holly cabin sole. Galley area with stove, large high-polished Scandvik sink and outboard storage. Navigation station with above counter instrument console, storage drawers and top loading, molded icebox w/freezer section beneath. Conveniently located aft head with water closet, wash basin and access door to cockpit storage locker. Aft port quarter berth with hanging locker and privacy door. Forepeak area, accessed through varnished, double teak main bulkhead door, with V berth, vanity to port, and hanging locker to starboard. Acrylic companionway drop board.
- Sail Inventory
- Quantum Carbon Fusion Mainsail - 2011 UK Carbon 155% #1 - 2011 UK Carbon 145% #2 - 2011 Quantum 105% #3 Quantum A3 Assym - 2011 UK A2 Assym - New Quantum A1 Assym - 2011
- B&G autopilot Full B&G 3000 system 1 multifunction readout at the sea hood 4 B&G 20/20 displays at the mast Simrad CP31 Chart Plotter Icom M422 VHF Sony Stereo System Inverter Xantrax LINK 20
- Work done January 2011
- New Bottom (Sprayed) Yanmar engine and Transmisson Service Mast and Standing rigging pulled and serviced Floorboards removed, refitted, and refinished Hull and deck buffed and waxed All Stainless cleaned and polished Interior detailed
- Additional Equipment
- Factory dodger by Thursten Mainsail cover, wheel cover, winch covers Carbon Mast Carbon 3 spoke wheel Wabasco Diesel heating system
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact either John Zagorski or Bill Petersen for more information regarding this boat. John Zagorski - (310) 947-2092 Bill Petersen - (310)871-1977 firstname.lastname@example.org Bill@denisonyachtsales.com