- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Monk 36, highly desirable late model made in Nova Scotia, ready for your cruise! Before stepping aboard, notice the beautifully shiny blue hull, teak handrail and trim and fiberglass nonskid decks. Roomy bridge layout seats many friends and family with captain at upper helm underway or enjoying social time at anchor or dock. Wide side decks with high rails make work on deck and line handling easy and safe. Two side doors access interior.
Appreciate lovely wood Interior throughout. Salon and fully equipped galley up offer large social space to relax and entertain. Aft master suite sleeps 2 on walkaround queen berth, and has private head with stand-alone shower. Forward guest suite sleeps 2 in v-berth bunks with private head. Sleep 2 on salon settee converted to double berth. Lower helm offers good visibility when underway in inclement weather. Generous headroom throughout: 6' 6" salon and v-berth, 6' 5" in master suite.
Cruise economically at 3 gph. Enjoy comfortable self-sufficiency at anchor and underway with generator operating air conditioning / heat as needed, and inverter operating all other electrical equipment.
- Walk Through Tour
- After admiring this Monk's beautiful blue hull and white topsides, step aboard side deck with light blue/grey nonskid accenting white deck. Notice high rails all around decks for safe movement underway and line handling. Move aft to 2 steps up to trunk with large storage cabinet, hinged mast and boom for steadying sail and as crane. Step up to bridge under bimini with cushioned fixed seating for 5 including captain's chair and room for additional chairs and table to entertain friends. Note captain's 360° view from upper helm with all instruments in view and reach. Move down to aft deck to observe dinghy davits, full length swim platform and swim ladder. From aft deck, move forward on either side to salon entry door. As you enter interior, notice beautiful teak woodwork and teak and holly sole. Lower helm is at starboard entry door with helm chair, and all instruments in reach and view. Walk across to fully equipped galley to port with plenty of cabinets and shelves to store cooking gear, dishes and nonperishables. Note extra long countertop space and double sinks for easy meal preparation and clean-up. Salon seats 4-6 on settee around table with room for more chairs to entertain friends. Move forward and down 3 steps to guest suite with comfortable double v-berth and cabinet, locker and shelf storage. Observe insuite guest head to port with marine toilet, vanity and cabinet. Proceed aft through salon and down 3 steps to aft master suite. Walk around centerline queen bed with unique headboard and posts holding reading lights. Admire full length cabinets, shelves and lockers along both sides. Note insuite head to starboard with walk-in shower, marine toilet and vanity with moulded sink and cabinets. The Monk classic layout is perfect for living aboard, cruising with friends and entertaining at dockside.
- Walking tour: Before stepping aboard, notice the beautiful 2006 awlgripped flag-blue hull and teak rails along with nonskid fiberglass decks. Walk around the wide side decks and step up to the trunk and up again to the bridge, with bench seating for 4 and room for 4 folding chairs in addition to helm chair. The bridge is a large social space for entertaining friends and family. From port or starboard side deck, step into salon through sliding door. Notice the elegant wood paneling and teak & holly sole throughout the trawler. Lower helm station is at starboard door. Salon settee is across from lower helm and forward of port door. L-shaped galley is to starboard aft of lower helm station. Move aft through privacy door and down 3 steps to spacious master suite, beautifully paneled with wood. Centerline walkaround queen berth is surrounded by cabinets, lockers and drawers. In-suite master head with separate shower is forward to starboard. Proceed forward through salon and privacy door, down 3 steps to guest suite with double v-berth and in-suite guest head. This Monk 36 has perfect layout for cruising family with children and a couple with occasional guests. Cruise comfortably all year round with 2 airconditioning / heater units to maintain temperature and humidity in warm and cold climates. Roomy salon with 6' 6" headroom has L-shaped settee that converts to double berth, and separates master and guest suites. Galley is up at level of salon and lower helm social space to keep the cook in the conversation and encourage some help as desired! Lower helm location keeps captain running from below in social activities. Forward guest suite with 6' 6" headroom has double v-berth and ample storage space in cabinets, drawers and on shelves. Guest head is in suite aft to port, with vanity, sink, and manual marine toilet. Aft master suite with 6' 5" headroom has walkaround centerline queen berth with unique head board and reading lights. Extensive cabinet, locker, shelf and drawer storage in master suite shows off her liveaboard capability. Comfortably large master in-suite head has large vanity countertop with sink, electric marine toilet, and large separate shower. • 2 airconditioning / reverse cycle heat units • beautiful wood paneling and teak and holly sole throughout interior • salon settee with hi/lo table converts to double berth • lower helm station and galley at salon level • aft master centerline walkaround queen with headboard • aft master head has separate shower • forward guest suite has private head • forward guest double v-berth • storage a-plenty throughout salon, aft and forward suites
- HIghly desirable L-shaped galley at salon level. Ample countertop workspace on both sides of deep double stainless steel sink including extended folding counter shelf. Propane 3 burner stovetop with lovely wood block cover gives additional workspace when not cooking on stove. New full-size refrigerator / freezer gives ample food storage for long cruises. Plenty of shelf and drawer storage space surrounds galley above and below countertop. • large countertop workspace • plenty of cabinet and drawer storage • full-size 2012 Norcold refrigerator / freezer • deep double SS sinks • toaster oven • microwave oven
- • Lowrance GPS chartplotter 2009 • Raymarine radar • Simrad AP16 autopilot 2005 with controls at both helm stations • ICOM VHF radios at both helms, plus remote mike at lower helm • Compass at both helm stations • Speed & depth instruments at both helm stations
- DC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: • two 8D batteries serve house bank and engine • alternator charges 8D batteries • Xantrex True Charge 40 amp multi-stage battery charger • generator starting battery • separate bow thruster and windlass battery installed under v-berth AC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: • dual 30 amp shorepower system with cords • 6kw Northern Lights generator 2005 powers all AC electric system including airconditioning/heat units and charges both battery banks • 3000 watt inverter/charger 2006 powers AC appliances and outlets except airconditioning/heat units • four 6v golfcart batteries charged by high output alternator serve inverter
- Engine and Mechanical
- HIghly desired single diesel powered engine has 4 blade prop and runs efficiently at 8 knots, 1600 rpm, 3 gallons per hour. Owners have cruised 2,500 hours since engine rebuilt in 2006 and have periodic oil sample records since rebuild. Northern Lights 6kw generator installed in 2005 powers all AC current including airconditioning/reverse heat while underway and at anchor. 3000 watt inverter provides AC current from separate house battery bank to electrical appliances and outlets except airconditioning, and charges batteries. This Monk is equipped with mechanical devices desired on a trawler. • Caterpillar 3116 350 hp diesel engine with 2,500 hours since rebuilt in 2006 • 2006 Northern Lights 6kw diesel generator, 1145 hours, in sound shield • generator control panel at lower helm with hour meter, and temperature, oil pressure, & voltage gauges • Raycor fuel filter for engine and another for generator • dripless shaft • Reverso oil change system for engine, generator and transmission • Splendide washer / dryer combo • Xantrex 3000 watt Inverter charger • bow thruster • Lofrans electric anchor windlass • trim tabs • fuel tank site gauges • macerator pump • heavy duty dinghy davits with pulley system • mast and boom assembly lowers easily to clear 15' bridges • automatic and manual bilge pumps • line cutting spurs on shaft
- Deck and Hull
- Monk wide deck layout with nonskid and high rails provides safe movement on deck while underway and while docking, anchoring and boarding from dock, dinghy, and swim ladder. Bridge bimini canvas and extension protect everyone from sun overexposure. With stern mounted davits, your dinghy and outboard engine are stored out of the way, providing trunk deck space for the large storage cabinet. Electric Lofrans anchor windlass with two anchors and foot controls at bow makes for easy anchoring. Notice the heavy duty hauspipe cleats to hold lines firmly at dock. Fiberglass swim platform is accessed from deck via stern ladder and from water via folding swim ladder. • hull awlgripped flag blue 2006 • canvas bimini and extension on bridge • comfortable captain chair and forward-facing guest seating on bridge • electric Lofrans dual windlass with bow foot controls • Bruce anchor with 150' chain and Fortress with 150' rope rode • anchor washdown at bow • mast and boom assembly lower easily to clear 15' bridges • large custom storage box on trunk deck • high side rails • nonskid fiberglass decks • flared bow design reduces splash over bow in heavy seas
- Broker's Comments
- Nicest late model Nova Scotia produced Monk 36 on the market. If you're in the market for a sturdy, comfortable, roomy, efficient mid-size trawler, this is your boat. She's aggressively priced to sell and readily available to see by appointment.
- Dinghy, outboard engine and personal items excluded. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Capt. Calvin Cornish CaptCalvin@EdwardsYachtSales.com or 941.830.1047 or Wendy Young 941.916.0660 for more information and to see this highly desirable Monk 36. Out of state buyers may buy and cruise this Monk 36 in beautiful Florida for up to 180 days with no Florida sales tax!! Ask Capt. Calvin for details. See FloridaTrawlers.com for more trawlers.