Highly regarded Bruce King design. Well constructed and seaworthy sailing character. Comfortable for cruising with racing abilities if desired. Spacious, classic interior. Battened main, 130% Hood genoa on Harken Mk IV headsail furler (new 2008), lazy jacks with all line leading aft. Universal diesel. Raymarine C80 radar/GPS at helm. At the dock at Burr's Marina in New London, ready to sail away. Owner has little time to sail and is very motivated to sell and therefore has reduced price further. SPRING FEVER has some issues that should be discussed before you come view and consider her.
- Accommodations and layout
- The functional stylish layout below can comfortably accommodate six crew. The forward cabin features a large V-berth with ample space for stowage in drawers beneath, bins, shelf outboard and a hanging locker. Custom made spring mattress for the V-berth (new in 2004). Abaft the forepeak and to port is an enclosed head (Raritan electric head) and vanity with separate shower stall. The main saloon has a U-shaped sofa and dinettee table. The sofa converts to a double berth with the teak table lowered. To starboard there are two bench seats and teak card table which can be lowered to form a single berth. There is a Cole cabin stove on the forward starboard bulkhead. The U-shaped galley is to aft and starboard. Opposite the galley and to port is a double cabin/quarter berth that can be closed off with a sliding panel for privacy or left open for spaciousness and day or passage use of the forward facing navigation station (with bench seat). There are two large overhead hatches (refinished in 2009) and seven opening ports for ambient light and ventilation. The upholstery is navy blue. Classic rich teak interior. Overhead in good condition. Teak and holly sole. 6'3" headroom.
- The full sized U-shaped galley is to starboard and features double stainless steel sink, a three burner CNG stove, engine driven Seafrost reefer (system upgraded with new compressor and tubing in 2001, spare parts aboard), in counter storage, stowage outboard in drawers and on shelving, and below in drawers. Lazy Susan, wine rack.
- Deck, hull and construction
- Solid fibreglass bottom, cored above water line. Navy Blue Awlgripped (1999, at Onset Marine) topsides, deck white with tan molded non skid. Teak cockpit coaming, teak handholds, stainless steel bow pulpit. Anchor locker. Dorades for ambient ventilation Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines. Gates port and starboard. Stainless steel swim ladder on transom. Bower: 35lb CQR anchor with chain rode and nylon leader Lifejackets Teak cockpit table Navy Blue dodger Outboard engine mount Boat hook Fenders Docklines Kedge: Danforth anchor with nylon leader
- Sails and Rigging
- Sloop rig. White painted aluminum mast stepped on keel. Stainless steel wire standing rigging. Fully battened Hood mainsail, with Ericson logo and boat number. 130% Hood genoa on new (2008) Harken Mk IV roller furling. Storm jib. Kevlar light air jib. Rarely used Spinnaker (red, white and blue). Two Barient #32 self tailing primary winches One Barient #23 halyard/mainsheet self tailing winch on coach roof Two Barient #22 winches on coach roof Schaeffer blocks Merriman genoa tracks Vang New clutches Midships Ronstan traveller Navy blue sail cover (2008) Lewmar winch handle Lines lead aft with Schaeffer stoppers
- Electronics and navigational equipment
- Raymarine C80 multifunction radar/GPS at helm Horizon depth meter Horizon knotmeter Horizon anemometer and direction Ritchie binnacle compass Si Tex Loran C 787C at nav stn Horizon Standard VHF Aiwa FM/AM radio/tuner Inclinometer
- Hot water tank (9 gallons) new in 2005. Three water tanks (65 gallons beneath V berth, and two under each bench seat on staboard side main saloon each holding 25 gallons. Holding tank upgraded in 2002 to 22 gallons (under aft end of sofa on port side of main saloon) Fuel tank replaced in 2002 by Mystic Shipyard (50 gallons).
- 12 volt DC system via three batteries and 110 volt AC system via shore power. Ericson electrical breaker panel. Bilge pump. Water pressure pump. Shore power cable. 12 volt interior lighting.
- Engine and Mechanical
- Universal 32hp diesel (Model 5232), hours unknown. Wheel cable steering to quadrant. Manual bilge pump Fixed propeller for cruising installed Folding two blade propeller (spare) aboard
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Howard Taylor, Stonington office The Forge, 22 Bayview Avenue, Stonington Connecticut 06378
- Rudders and Moorings LLC , Stonington Office: Howard Taylor @ The Forge, 22 Bayview Avenue, Stonington, Connecticut 06378 email: email@example.com