- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 55-A FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
SUSAN MARIE is a nicely refurbished 1967 yawl classic! In many ways she is closer to a 10-15 year old boat as most of her systems have been replaced during that time frame. This classic is easily seen in St. Michaels, MD.
- SUSAN MARIE sleeps six in two cabins with a traditional layout plan that includes a Dickinson propane fireplace. She is finished with a varnished Honduras mahogany wood interior with a white overhead and a solid varnished teak and holly cabin sole. In the past 10 years virtually every component has been replaced or rebuilt. She is easily seen in scenic St. Michaels, MD. All bulkheads, cabin sole and paneling were stripped to bare wood and re-varnished in 1996. There are two 110-volt outlets. New clock and barometer Recent interior cushions and curtains Entertainment is provided by: Radio/CD player and speakers Color TV with mast top antenna
- HULL and DECK
- Majestic Blue Awlgrip topsides Off-White house and deck with beige nonskid molded in. White single boot stripe Red bottom paint – Interlux Micron 66 Varnished teak rub rail with stainless steel cap CONSTRUCTION: Solid hand laid fiberglass hull, reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Deck is set in a 6" flange that is molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint and has molded in nonskid. Keel with Centerboard: External bronze keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts and bronze airfoil centerboard operated by a worm gear with override in case of grounding. All exterior teak was taken down to bare wood and finished with Cetol. Bottom work : Soda/sand removal of old bottom paint Five coats of Interlux epoxy barrier coat One coat of Interlux Micron 66 DECK FEATURES: Varnished teak toe rails, handrails and exterior trim Stainless steel stem iron with bow roller Stainless steel bow pulpit, stern pulpit and rails Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Chrome dorade ventilators on varnished teak dorade boxes Opening white translucent hatches Aft Lazarette storage Chrome spinnaker pole chocks
- Edson pedestal wheel steering Cockpit cushions Cockpit dodger Bimini cover with connector Custom helmseat with cushion Edson cockpit table Removable teak sole grate Varnished teak cockpit coamings have stainless steel trim with winch storage pockets. There are three varnished teak covered aft lazarette storage areas (two for propane). The cockpit offers spacious seating capability that includes large opening dry storage sail lockers. The Edson pedestal with wheel steering includes: Awlgripped destroyer-type wheel Stainless steel pedestal guard Binnacle 6" Compass – cover rechromed Engine Controls Sailing gauges that are easily visible while sailing. Table - Edson varnished teak fold-down pedestal-mounted cockpit table Edson varnished teak pedestal-mounted cup holder
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- FORWARD CABIN: V-berths (6’ 8”) forward has filler to form a double berth Cushions covered in Blue fabric with white piping. Seat between berths has storage within Bookshelves are port and starboard, outboard the V-berths Drawer and bin storage below V-berths Mahogany 6-drawer dresser - port Hanging locker with shelf is to starboard 3-Fixed ports with curtains (2) Fans mounted on forward bulkhead Opening overhead hatch for natural light and ventilation. Forward is access to the forepeak chain locker. A door separates this cabin from the main cabin area. HEAD, Forward Port: Next aft is the private head with features that include: White formica countertop with teak trim Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and a hand-held shower. Teak sole grate 6-drawer cabinet Linen locker Clothes hamper Towel rack Wilcox-Crittendon head with Y-valve to holding tank Opening portlight with curtain Custom mahogany shelf and mirror MAIN SALON , Amidship: Traditional style layout plan has port & starboard pull-out transom berths with pilot berths outboard and storage drawers under. Cushions are finished in Blue fabric with white piping. A varnished mahogany drop-leaf dining table is on center. Forward starboard are two hanging lockers. Integral varnished mahogany handrails are outboard port and starboard Custom Salon features added in 2001 include: Dickinson propane fireplace is mounted on forward port bulkhead Cstom mahogany glass rack Custom Binocular holder Custom TV/CD player cabinet Liquor cabinet with key lock Ports with curtains and an opening overhead hatch offer natural light and ventilation. GALLEY , Aft: To port: White Formica countertops with teak trim Shipmate gimballed 3-burner stove with oven. The stove cover increases counter space. Large stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water There are drawer, locker, bin storage areas. Dome lights over Fan above To starboard: Grunert air/water-cooled bin refrigerator/freezer Sliding door storage is outboard. NAV AREA: The starboard Galley doubles as the Nav Station. Refrigeration countertop acts as a Nav table There is chart storage over Dome light is over An oilskin locker is aft along with the companionway steps to the cockpit. The steps are removable for easy engine access behind.
- HELM & NAVIGATION ELECTRONICS
- Robertson/Simrad APII Autopilot with linear drive Simrad RA-772UA Radar Garmin Map 176C GPS Shakespeare SE 2000 VHF Radio Horizon SL4 Speed indicator/Log Horizon DS-45 Depth Sounder Danforth/ White Constellation 6” Compass
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Hood electric Stoway in-mast mainsail furling/reefing system Hood mizzen Sto-boom furling system New Hood sails 2007 Pro-furl headsail furling system. Standing and running rigging (2001) by Chesapeake Rigging Harken main traveler system (2003) by Chesapeake Rigging Manual boom vang Whisker pole Custom Forespar spinnaker pole Winches: (2) Lewmar #48 ST winches (2) Lewmar Secondary winches Sails: Mainsail - North Genoa- North #2 genoa Storm jib Spinnaker Cruising spinnaker Mizzen sail - North Mizzen staysail Custom snuffer for cruising spinnaker – North
- 12-Volt DC Electrical System: Starting battery - 60-amp/hr House dual purpose battery - 6-volt 200-amp/hr Balmar ISO amp, dual isolated output alternator 12-volt battery system re-wired. 110-Volt AC Electrical System 1500 West Marine WCU-15 1SOOV inverter 110-Volt shore power and shore cord Newmar electrical panel with 6 AC & 16 DC circuit breakers
- Westerbeke 55-A FWC diesel engine with 2:1 transmission: Raycor fuel filter Muffler system Maxi 3-blade propeller Emergency engine temperature alarm Engine instrument panel Spare filters and belts Raw water sea strainer Raw water pump Deck washdown pump system Edson manual bilge pump Automatic bilge pump Seward 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater (1999). Engine and stove fuel shut-off valves Aluminum propane tanks Propane detection system Wilcox-Crittendon manual overboard discharging head with “Y” valve (system rebuilt 2003) to 30-gallon holding tank (1996).
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Lewmar low-profile electric windlass CQR 35# anchor mounted in bow roller with 200’ x 3/4” rode + 40’ x 5/16” chain (1996) Danforth hi-tensile storm anchor - with custom rope to chain (2001 - never used) Equipment: Navigation & spreader lights Horseshoe life rings Life jackets Man overboard pole Deck wash down system Custom Hinckley helm seat Fire extinguishers Flares Folding teak boarding ladder Teak companionway screens New Flag and staff New VHF antenna and windex wind indicator Custom rawhide steering wheel cover
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378