- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
FORMER BOAT OF THE YEAR: Farr 40 One Design
Designed by Farr Yacht Design, Ltd., - there is no better pedigree for a modern offshore one design. These are the people that brought you the Mumm 36, and then the Mumm 30 and Corel 45 - three of the most successful yachts of the 20th century. They are defined by what you, the owners wanted in your racing boats. It can be summed up in one sentence...
If that's the kind of sailing you're looking for, come to the team with a track record for providing it. Following on from the success of the Mumm 36, then the Mumm 30 and Corel 45, is the Farr 40.
- The FARR ® 40 One Design was conceived as a high performance 40 footer that would gather the benefits of modern materials into an economic platform for short course racing that was demanding, exciting and not beyond the capabilities of relatively inexperienced and mature crew members. The boat also had to be capable of competing in the offshore classes and be a competitive IMS performer to give the purchaser a wide range of events in which to compete and to carry through times before class fleets were established. The design of the boat and the formation of Class Rules and Constitution proceeded in parallel allowing input from the operator and builder side of the equation. The Owner/Driver class rule was an influencing factor in the conceptual phase of the design, encouraging us towards easy to tune, simple arrangements that would not take time and energy from the primary activity of sailboat racing.
- 2007 Results
- 2007 Results: DRYC Malibu and Return, January 6 ( 3/11 PHRF A )SCYA Midwinters, Long Beach YC, February 17+18 (1st Farr 40) Newport to Cabo, Npt Harbor YC, March 3-8 (1st to Finish ORR Class D/5th Corrected) Sunset Series, Cal YC (1st Overall PHRF A) Ahmanson Cup, Npt Harbor YC, April 21+22 (2nd/Tied for 1st Farr 40) Newport to Ensenada, NOSA, April 27 (16/27 class, 53rd to finish of 447 PHRF) Leukemia Cup Charity Event/San Diego YC/May 4 (13th PHRF) Yachting Cup/San Diego YC/May 5+6 (1st Farr 40) Cal Race Week/California YC/June 2+3 (1st Farr 40) Long Beach Race Week/Long Beach YC/June 22-24 (2nd Farr 40) Sta. Barbara to King Harbor/SBYC & KHYC/August 3 (3/9 class/8th to finish of 101) PHRF Championship Regatta/Cabrillo Beach YC/August 11+12 (1st PHRF A) Tannenberg Trophy-Squirrel Bank/Del Rey YC/August 18 (1st PHRF A) Jennifer Diamond Charity Regatta/Del Rey YC/August 25 (1st Overall PHRF) Rolex Big Boat Series/Farr 40 West Coast Championships/St. Francis YC/Sept. 13-16 (1st Farr 40/5th of 10 IRC) ASMBYC Championship Regatta/September 29+30 (1st Farr 40/2nd of 10 PHRF) Hot Rum Series/San Diego YC/Nov. 4, Nov. 18, Dec. 2 (1st Farr 40)
- 2008 Results
- November thru February - CYC Winter Sunset Series (11/11, 12/9, 1/13, 2/10) (1st in all four races and overall PHRF A) *¤February 16+17 - SCYA Midwinters, Long Beach YC (1st Farr 40) ¤April 16 - Sept. 3 - Sunset Series, California YC (PHRF A - 1st Overall - 11 wins) *April 19+20 - Ahmanson Cup, Newport Harbor YC (4th Farr 40) April 25 - Newport to Ensenada, NOSA (DNF) May 2 - Leukemia Cup Charity Event, San Diego YC (4/14 PHRF - 1st Farr 40) *¤May 3+4 - Yachting Cup, San Diego YC (1st Farr 40) *¤May 31+June 1 - Cal Race Week, California YC (2nd Farr 40) *June 27-29 - Long Beach Race Week/Farr 40 West Coast Championship Regatta, Long Beach YC (1st Farr 40) *July 26+27 - Fiesta Cup, Santa Barbara YC (1st Farr 40) August 1 - Sta. Barbara to King Harbor, SBYC & KHYC (3d Farr 40) ¤August 9+10 - PHRF Championship Regatta, Cabrillo Beach YC (2/8 PHRF, 1st Farr 40) ¤August 23 - Jennifer Diamond Charity Regatta, Del Rey YC (1st Overall PHRF) ¤Sept. 6+7 - Harris Series, California YC (1st PHRF A) Sept. 10 - King of the Hill, California YC (1st Overall PHRF) September 27+28 - ASMBYC Championship Regatta, King Harbor YC (3rd PHRF A) ¤Nov-Dec - Hot Rum Series, San Diego YC (Nov. 9, Nov. 23, Dec. 7) * = Farr 40 West Coast Season Championship Regatta ¤ = Defending 2007 Champion
- 2009 Results
- January 3 - DRYC Malibu and Return (2d F40/2d PHRF AA) *¤February 21+22 - SCYA Midwinters, Cal YC(1st F40) ¤April 16 - Sept. 3 - Sunset Series, Cal YC (PHRF A - 1st in Class) *April 18+19 - Ahmanson Cup, Newport Harbor YC(1st F40/Overall Ahmanson Cup Winner) April 25 - The Border Run, NOSA(1st F40) May 1 - Leukemia Cup Charity Event, San Diego YC(1st F40-4/45 PHRF) *¤May 2+3 - Yachting Cup, San Diego YC(1st F40) *May 30+31 - Cal Race Week, California YC(2nd F40) *¤June 26-28 - Long Beach Race Week/Farr 40 West Coast Championship Regatta, Long Beach YC(1st F40/Boat of the Week) *¤July 25+26 - Fiesta Cup, Santa Barbara YC(1st F40) July 31- Sta. Barbara to King Harbor, SBYC & KHYC(1st F40) Sept. 8 - King of the Hill, CYC(1st Overall) Sept. 12+13 - Richard Henry Dana Charity Regatta, DPYC(1st F40) September 26+27 - ASMBYC Championship Regatta, King Harbor YC October 24+25 - Campbell Cup, LBYC ¤Nov-Dec - Hot Rum Series, San Diego YC (Nov. 8, Nov. 22, Dec. 6) * = Farr 40 West Coast Season Championship Regatta ¤ = Defending 2008 Champion
- Go Here for So Cal Farr 40 Info
- Some 2011 Results
- PIRANHA MAKES IT SEVEN YACHTING CUPS IN A ROW Ensenada 2011 – PIRANHA WINS PHRF A WITH BEST CORRECTED TIME IN PHRF CLASSES PIRANHA REPEATS RHD WIN FOR AUDI CUP
- Sail Inventory
- Light Jibs 2007 North #L7 2005 North #L5 LT/MD Jib 2009 North #LM1 Medium Jib 2009 North M7 2006 North M6 Heavy Jib 2004 North H3 2000 North HP Heavy Jib + 2004 North #HP1 #4's 2004 North #HW2 2001 North HW1 Main 2009 North #MN6 2004 North #MN4 Masthead 2010 North 1S #VMG-S1 2008 Quantum 1S #1S-2 2010 Ullman 1.5S #1.5S-4 2008 Quantum 1.5S #1.5S-2 2006 North 2S #2S-1 2001 North .75 Runner # S-3 Specialty 2010 North Jib Top # JT-2 2003 North VMG #V4 2003 North Tweener #T3 2003 North Runner #R4 2003 North Runner #R2 Fractional 3 extra frac kites
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- My name is Dave Millett and I have over 25 years experience in both power and sail. Let me help you make your boat dreams a reality. Fast, fun, and easy is what you will experience with me. Call 714-260-5901 to start your new lifestyle now. Email me too at D.Millett@DenisonYachtSales.com Why buy from Denison Yacht Sales? We have been serving the yachting community for 55 years. 7 Locations to serve you 2nd only to yachtworld.com in boat searches 50 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to selling your yacht 50 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to finding your dream yacht