- Maximum Draft
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Horse Power
Designed by Russell Coutts / Andrej Justin.
Built by Pauger Carbon. Hull Nr. 8.
Complete RC 44 hull on RC 44 designed flat rack container!
All items needed to race and meet class requirements!
Dock lines and fenders, boat covers and shipping Mast/boom/rudder and spreader covers!
Fitted 20ft workshop and storage container, equipped with Sail racks and tools for boat work.
The boat will come as last raced, fully set up and ready to go race, rig tune numbers and notes along with targets and settings – all included!
The carbon construction provides a stiff but light structure with a low centre of gravity. The sail area is very generous and the open cockpit allows the boat to be raced short - handed.
G -3 39m² 517sqft
G -1 60m² 646sqft
Main 70m² 753sqft
Gennaker 170m² 1722sqft
Gennaker 150m² 1399sqft
This is a light-displacement racing yacht designed to be fast downwind and powerful upwind. It has a high aspect ratio keel with a trim tab and rudder.
EASY TRANSPORT CONCEPT
The specially designed canting trailer, easy detachable stern scoop and simple keel to hull attachment with a conical joint/coupling makes the boat very easy to transport and store. The mast is also built in two structural parts making the boat easy to transport on the road with no oversize restrictions.
The hull, deck, structural liner, keel, rudder and rig were calculated and structurally optimised using Nastran software for the FEM analysis.
Hull, deck and stern scoop are built in sandwich construction of epoxy resin and exclusively carbon unidirectional and biaxial fabrics, while the twill carbon woven rowing is used to give a smooth, clear, carbon look finish on all external surfaces. The core material is 5-20mm and 75 to 200 kg/m3.
The internal structure is a double cross frame designed to take all the keel, mast and shroud loads minimizing the hull and deck stress and deformation. It is built of epoxy resin and exclusively carbon unidirectional and biaxial fabrics, while the twill carbon woven rowing is again used to provide a smooth finish on all visible surfaces.
Female moulds for the hull, deck liner and spoiler are built to extremely high standards from CNC machined plugs, to guarantee minimal building tolerances. All composite parts are built according to SPSystem specification, vacuum bagged and postcured in an oven.
KEEL & BULB
The keel is built of carbon pre-preg material in carbon moulds postcured at high temperature and pressure in an autoclave. A weed cutter is fitted in the keel leading edge. The trim tab is built in carbon with RTM technology. The lead-antimony bulb is cast in CNC machined steel mould for high precision and faired with epoxy compound.
RUDDER & STEERING SYSTEM
The rudder and tapered rectangular section rudder shaft are one piece carbon built with RTM technology in a high precision female mould. The rudder shaft structure is FEM optimised and dimensioned according to ABS loads for speed of over 26 knots.
The steering quadrant, steering pedestals and wheels are exclusively designed and built in carbon.
The oversized Jefa self-aligning bearings, chain transmission steerers, steering sheaves and reliable vectran cable guarantee extremely precise performance with low maintenance.The result is a well balanced boat that handles with two fingers even when sailing at surfing speeds!
The deck hardware is oversized to provide low maintenance. All the control lines, main sheet, backstays and gennaker retriever system are fitted under the deck to keep the deck as clean as possible. The hardware layout was optimised in extensive sailing trials with Russell Coutts' match race crew.
- twin steering wheels
- pedestal driven primary and mainsheet winches
- recessed jib tracks and winches
- ergonomic sidedecks and steering position
- customized top quality deck hardware
- Non skid treated walk upon areas
- custom carbon toe rail is fitted from bow to mast
- Halyard: 2x B40.2 STA - Primary: 2x B530 TCR UD pedestal driven - Main: 1x B55.3STR pedestal driven (Harken)
- Jib system: midrange (4:1 car purchase) - Main system: bigboat (2:1 mainsheet, 4:1 car purchase)
- foredeck hatch AC style shaped, the carbon cover has fast release fittings
- cockpit engine drive inspection hatch fitted with a carbon cover with fast release fittings.
MAST & RIGGING
- mast is produced in two segments for transport reasons, the joint is at the second spreader position and is secured with titanium bolts and titanium backing plates
- fractional rig with three backswept spreaders
- Standing rigging continuous in PBO with turnbuckles below the deck
- carbon boom
- pivoting retractable bowsprit carbon
- Running backstays are non structural
- The PBO forestay with hydraulic ram tensioner fitted with headfoil
- Running rigging is in Spectra.
2 sets of carbon CT battens incl. Some battens with differnet stiffnes
1x Mainsail (2009)
1x Mainsail (2010)
1x Mainsail (2011)
1x Mainsail (2012)
3x Genoa (2011)
3x Genoa (2012)
1x A1 (2010)
1x A1 (2011)
1x A1 (2012)
1x A2 (2010)
1x A2 (2011)
2x A2 (2012)
A complete set of B&G Hercules2000 sailing instruments with mast unit
- electronic compass
- speed and depth transducers
- trim tab and rudder angle transducers
- multi-display on the coffee grinder pedestal (for rudder and trim tab angles)
- five 20/20 maxi displays fitted in a carbon rack on mast.
- manual bilge pump
- automatic electric bilge pump