- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Engine Type
NEW BOTTOM PAINT - JUNE 2013!!
The Hunter Passage is one of the few 42 foot sailing yachts with a center cockpit layout which actually works. The interior is spacious and open with 6'4" headroom in the main salon, galley with plenty of storage, and two guest cabins fore and aft providing excellent accommodations for extended trips. The center cockpit design makes an ideal live-aboard.
Dog House Too is an exceptionally clean and professionally maintained example. She is offered for sale by her current owners and represents a great opportunity for new owners to purchase a fully turn-key boat ready to sail away.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Hunter Passage 42 blends center-cockpit comfort with surprising performance in a contemporary cruising boat with bluewater capabilities. Her powerful masthead rig, roller furling jib and cockpit line-handling make those long passages truly enjoyable. There is even a double sun pad for those long, lazy afternoons. Below, the 42 is truly a work of art. Designer fabrics, hand-rubbed teak, and Corian counters provide the warm, friendly atmosphere, while her 14-foot beam gives the spaciousness you need. The incredible salon is perfect for dining in or entertaining the crew. Any mate will appreciate the layout of the fully-equipped galley. Refrigerator-freezer, LPG stove with oven, microwave and storage galore will change your outlook on cooking aboard. Privacy is paramount for extended cruising and the Hunter 42 with its two-stateroom, two-head design keeps it that way. The sumptuous master stateroom offers a queen-size walk around berth, incredible storage and hanging lockers, plus a full head, complete with a shower-tub. The full-size berth, desk vanity, and adjoining head in the forward guest quarters will be a comfortable refuge after a great day at sea. Hunter provides a complete sailaway combination including an electronics package, electric anchor windlass, stereo-CD, inverter, and a full complement of safety gear.
- Exterior Description
- Boarding the boat is easy through either of the mid-ship side gates or up the transom ladder. The side decks are flat and offer plenty of foot space for access to the forward, aft and cockpit areas of the boat. The foredeck is clean and open offers a nice space for lounging or sunbathing. Aft is additional space for lounging and access to the swim platform and aft lazarette storage. The center cockpit features a dodger and bimini with a full enclosure. Helm controls make handling a breeze and visibility is quite excellent. The trademark Hunter Arch places all of the mainsail controls within easy reach for ease when shorthanded.
- Rigging & Deck Hardware
- Z-Spar Two Spreader, Anodized Aluminum Mast with Roller Furling System for Mainsail and Internal Halyards Z-Spar Anodized Aluminum Boom Z-Spar Rigid Aluminum Boom Vang Schaeffer Roller Furling System for Genoa Stainless Steel Standing Rigging Polished Stainless Steel Chainplates (2) Lewmar 50 Self Taling Primary Winches (1) Lewmar 44 Self Tailing Mainsheet/Halyard Winch (1) Lewmar 30 Self Tailing Halyard Winch Garhauer Rope Clutches Schaeffer Genoa Cars Lewmar Opening Ports and Hatches Line Bags for sheets and Halyards (6) Aluminum Morring Cleats Stainless Steel Double Bow Roller Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit with Integrated Bow Seat Double Lifelines with Stainless Steel Stanchions and Boarding Gates Port and Starboard. Stainless Steel Stern Rail with Boarding Gate
- Interior Desrcription
- Entering through the companionway brings you down a few steps into the main salon. There is a large curved dinette with a high low table to port and bin/bottle storage behind. Additional table seating and storage is provided through the use of the double ottoman. Across to starboard is a settee for additional seating and storage. There is ample light and and airflow provided by the many ports and windows throughout the interior of the boat. Just aft you find the nicely laid out galley with all of the amenities to prepare a delicious meal while underway or in port. There is plenty of space on the Corian style counter tops and an abundance of storage throughout. Hillerange 3-burner Stainless Steel Stove/Oven Combination Sharp Microwave Oven Stainless Steel Double Basin Sink Front and Top Loading Refrigeration Top Loading Freezer Forward is the VIP Cabin with center-line double berth. There is storage underneath and cabinet to the side. Port is a desk/vanity with Hanging locker, and individual seats both port and starboard. The forward/day head is accessible from both the main salon and VIP cabin and features electric head, Vanity with sink, And separate stall shower. Moving aft from the salon and adjacent to the galley, is access to the mechanical systems, nav station, large locker space. This area is the entrance into the master aft cabin. Surrounding the large center-line walk around berth, you have ample storage cabinets, drawers and hanging locker space for all of you needs. There is an en-suite head featuring separate stall shower and mini-tub, electric flush head, vanity with mirror, and molded in sink.
- Northern Lights 5kw Generator (290 Hrs) 30Amp/125V Shorepower with Cord (2) 8D House Batteries (1) Group 24 Start Battery Balmar High Output Alternator Link 2000 Battery Monitor Heart Freedom 20 Inverter (2000 Watt)
- Garmin 541s GPSmap Raytheon R20XX Radar Raytheon Radar Dome on Mast Autohelm ST7000 Autopilot with Remote Autohelm ST50 Knot/Log Autohelm ST50 Wind Indicator Ritchie Compass Uniden UM525 VHF Radio with Wireless Remote Jensen AM/FM/CD/DVD/IPod souns sytem. Speakers w/ individual volume controls 24in Flat Screen TV in Main Salon
- Misc Equipment
- Maxwell Anchor Windlass 35lb Bruce Anchor w/ 100ft Chain and 300ft Rode Shower at Swim Step Binnacle with Stainless Steel Destroyer Wheel, Compass, and Dual Lever Engine Controls Folding Teak Cockpit Table Racor Fuel Filter Dodger and Bimini with Full Enclosure Docklines and Fenders
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.