Manufactured for over a decade the 31 Silverton Convertible was known for her roomy accomodations large cockpit and an overall low cost of ownership. This Silverton is being marketed and sold as a PROJECT as her owner has been in the process of completely updating her since 2009. The updates are purely age related and there is no reported history of any notable damage or incident with the vessel. Keep in mind that this is a WORK IN PROGRESS situation.
Details relating to the entire process will be discussed in the specifications but of particular note please be aware that the port side motor was blown and has been removed from the vessel. The seller has the blown motor in the event that you wish to avoid "core charge" for replacement. The starboard motor is in working order so the boat can be operated under her own power.
The information contained in the specifications represents all of the information that we currently have on the boat. Any further determinations will need to be done by you or your duly appointed representatives.
Affiniti is not in the habit of taking on projects such as this but we do feel that she is a solid boat capable of complete restoration. Reasonable offers will certainly be considered and ridiculous offers will not be.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The main sleeping area is down and forward with large V-berths and hanging locker. Coming aft is the galley to port with a sink, hot and cold water pressure, refrigerator, and 2-burner stove. Across from the galley is the enclosed head with head, vanity with sink and storage. Go up steps to the main salon area with a lower helm station to starboard. Out the back cabin door is the large fishing/cruising cockpit deck. A second set of flying bridge controls can seat 3 adults.
- "31 Silverton Convertible 1978" sleeps a total of six. The forward v-berth sleeps two, Convertible settee in the salon area Two, and dinette converts to sleep two. She has a full galley on the port side aft and enclosed head across from the galley to starboard.
- Norcold TEK II refrigerator Kenyon 2 burner alcohol stove Microwave oven Lots of counter space and stowage
- - Raymarine chart plotter/fish finder - External GPS connected to both plotter and Icom DSC radio (registered MMSI directly with FCC).
- As previously noted the port side engine was blown and subsequently removed from the boat. The seller does have the motor in storage in event event that you would like to exchange it when relacing it to avoid any core charges. Options relating to the engines are several with of course the best case scenario being the complete replacement of both motors with new technology but if that does work for you simply replacing the blown motor with a rebuild will really reduce the expendature significantly. The starboard engine runs well but the manifolds and risers are due for replacement as they are reaching the end of their useful life cycle. Other mechanical notations are as follows: Other Notes: - The transmission on the Port engine worked properly when the engine was removed. - Dripless shaft seals were installed in about 2009. - There is an 120V Air Conditioner on board, but no generator (there are thru-hulls for a generator).
- Miscellaneous Improvements & Updates
- - Fuel Tank (160gal vs 200gal original tank) – replaced 2012 - Rear Bulkhead (under floor, around cabin door) -- replaced 2012 - Salon Flooring w/ new storage areas – replaced 2012 - Electrical system update 2011 and 2012. - New Batteries (3) – 2011/2012 - Xantrex Battery Charger – new 2011. - New Bimini top w/ additional piece of large extra canvas 2011 - Swim Platform, Swim Ladder – replaced 2010 - Jensen AM/FM Stereo/CD and speakers – new 2011.
- Comments & Considerations
- Built on an extremely solid foundation there is certainly lots of room for improvement. The seller has been faced with lots of challenges and has taken his time and addressed each in a manner consistent with marine manufacturing standards. His complete lack of time and demands of his professional life leave him no time to complete this total renovation. It is an opportunity for you to finish up the renovation the way you want to and get out on the water economically.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link www.affiniti-yacht.com 31’ Silverton Convertible Sport Fish 1978 and proceed to the "Affiniti Listings" tab to view this fine vessels videos and additional photographs. Depending on your Internet connection the load time will vary. Discover the Affiniti Advantage! Reasonable offers considered!