Comfortable Cruising Vessel for Long Distasnce - Short Cruises - Great Loop - Live-a-Board
Recent Total Awlgrip Paint - Hull and Cabin Sides - Looks Great !!!
Dependasble Caterpillar Diesel Engines - (2) x 210 HP each --- Kohler 9 kw Generator
Fully Airconditioned w/Reverse Cycle Heat - 3 Zones
(2) Staterooms - (2) Heads w/Showers
The Californian-43 cockpit trawler is a versatile vessel with nice interior accomodations on loads of exteriordeck space. She is built on a conventional modified V-hull with hard chines aft, a long protective skeg keel, and a distinctive trawler style bow. THis is a comfortabl sea boat with an easy ride - and also an excellent vessel for cruising quite waters - or live-a-board
This vessel has the preferred Galley down arrangement which opens up the Salon for a bright airy feel. The Sun deck is particullarly roomy and her aft cockpit allows for a variety of water related activity - fishing, sunbathing, easyu access to a dinghy or dock
Please contact the listing broker to make an appointment to see this vessel.
- LOA.................. 43 ft3 in ........................ 14.2 meters Beam ............... 13 ft 3 in ...................... 4.04 meters Daft ................. 3 ft 6 in ....................... 1.06 meters Bridge clearance.. 16 ft ........................ 488 meters Displacement...... 32,000 lbs ............. 14,515 kilograms ENGINES......(2) Caterpillar 3208 210 HP each ( 2400 hrs) Generator......Kohler 9 kw diewsel , in sound shield, (90 hours) Cruising Speed - 8-10 kts .. 1 1/2 mpg @ 1800 rpm Max Speed.........13-14 kts Tankage: Fuel 400 gal total in 2 tanks ............ 1,515 liters in (2) tanks Water... 200 gal in 3 tanks ................. 757 liters in (3) tanks Holding 50 gal .................................. 189 liters Sleeps 6 in (2) staterooms plus salon
- ACCOMODATIONS and WALK THROUGH
- Sleeps (6) - Two in Forward Cabin, two in Aft Cabin, two on convertible Saloon Settee FULLY AIR CONDITIONED WITH (3) SEPARATE SYSTEMS - REVERSE CYCLE HEAT MASTER STATE-ROOM AFT: - Large full beam Master Site Aft with walk around Queen berth. Opening ports on (3) sides for ventilation and light Numerouse pull out drawers - Hanging lockers Sit down vanity Head w/shower - separate shower stall Separate Air Conditioning unit - (New 2011) GUEST STATE-ROOM FORWARD: - Private Guest state room forward Separate Air Conditioner Hanging locker Drawer storage Guest head w/ shower Double berth to Port WALK THROUGH: Vessel can be accessed from aft swim platform and cockpit, with short walk up to Aft Sundeck. Or from opening in side rails Port or Starbd. A side door on Starbd side ( next to lower helm) provides access to Salon - or you can enter the Salon through a door on the Aft Sundeck. Salon is spacious with L-Shaped settee to Starbd ( converts to double berth). There is considersble open floor space which can be configured anyway the owner prefers. Salon also contains a free standing dinette table freestanding bench seat. The Lower Helm is located forward in the Salon on Starbd side - with opening door to side deck adjacent. large picture windows offer excellent visibility forward. Forward of the Salon - down two steps is the full sized Galley on Port side. The Galley is open to the Salon and is lit by the large forward windows - To Starbd on the Galley level is the guest head w/shower. Forward of the Galley is the Guest state room. Stairs at the aft end of the Salon leed to the Sundeck - and a stairway to Port leads aft to the Master cabin. There is a full walk-a-round deck extending forward from the Sundeck on either side, and large forward deck. The Flybridge and upper steering helm are accessed from he Sundeck, and is fully enclosed with Isinglass on the sides, and canvas top.
- SALON - GALLEY
- SALON: - Bright and spacious with large opening windows to Port & Starbd. Additional large window area forward that also lights the Galley, and provides excellent visibility from lower helm. There is access to the engine room through (2) large opening hatches ( also access below forward stairs). Room to configure the salon anyway a new owner would like with free standing furniture. L-shaped Settee/dinette - Converts to double berth High - Low table Breakfast bar Lower Helm w/ side door to Starbd side deck Flat screen TV/DVD player Aft companionway to Sundeck Separate Air conditioning unit GALLEY: U-Shaped Galley - 2 steps down from Salon. Bright and airy - well lit from forward windows, and open to Salon. SS Double sink, Filtered drinking water spigot Propane - 3 burner stove and oven Microave oven Apartment sized refrigerator w/ separate freezer Large pantry - Plus loads of cabinet storage
- Engines - Twin Caterpillar 3208 210 HP naturally aspirated diesels * 2400 original hours) - NEW risers 3 years ago. Propellers - twin 4-blade 22.5x20 on 1 1/2"shafts - Spare 3 blade props (2) Fuel Tanks - original tanks replaced with Heavy Duty Aluminum tanks 200 gal each - total 400 gal ( 4-5 years old) Windlass - Lewmar Electric anchor windlass w/ chain gypsy and rope capstan, and emergency recovery kit - Remote up/down switch at bridge helm - foot switches at bow Anchor - 45 lb CQ w/ 160 ft 5/16 chain,, Fortress type Aluminum anchor wi chain & 300 ft rode AIR CONDITIONERS - (3) A/C units-comprssors -- Salon - 16,000 BTU,, Master stateroom - 16,000 BTU,, Guest stateroom - 7,000 BTU - NEW 2011 Ice maker - U-line SS95 ice maker on filtered water line - located on bridge ( new) Water heater - Toro 10 gal - 110v and engine heated
- ELECTRICAL - ELECTRONICS
- ELECTRICAL: Generator - 9 KW Kohler diesel generator w/sound shield in engine room ( NEW - 90 hours) Bttery charger - Charles-93 40 amp, 3 bank charger ( NEW) Inverter -Xantrex Freedom 2500 watt w/ built in charger Lionk 2000 battery monitor (6) 6 volt batteries - HOUSE (2) 8D Starting batteries Dockside electric - 30 amp receptacle for house - 50 amp receptacle for Air Conditioners 50 to 30 amp reducer for house for marinas that only have 50 amp servoce ELECTRONICS - LOWER HELM:: VHF radio Compass EPIRB - McMurdo Smart find Plus 404 -Cat 2 ELECTRONICS - FLYBRIDGE HELM: Garmin 3210 GPS Chart Plotter (NEW) VHF- Standard Horizon ( connected to GPS for MMSI locator distress call (NEW) Furuno LS 4100 fish finder (NEW) Faria digital depth sounder (NEW) Auto pilot -Simrad Robertson AP11 - (connected to GPS) Radar -Raytheon pathfinder SL-70 ( 24 mile range) - Compass (NEW) ENTERTAINMENT: 24" Flat screen TV mounted on Salon wall - w/ built in DVD player Glomex 10" antenna Dockside cable Sirius - AM/FM JBL stereo - speakers in Salon and Flybfridge - remote control on Flybridge
- HULL and DECK
- Popular cockpit Trawler with covered sundeck - Large Flybridge - complete walk around deck - Built on a modified V-hull with hard chines aft, long skeg keel, and distinctive trawler style bow She is good-looking sundeck-cockpit trawler in wonderful condition and very popular due to her functional layout and built to quality standards. From a quality standpoint, the 1985 43' Californian CPMY is a standout and a strong competitor for similar-size boats from such industry heavyweights as Grand Banks and CHB. She was built in the USA and unlike the Asian trawlers the Californian interior was crafted of Mahogany, not Teak. Her hull is solid fiberglass. She will cruise efficiently at about a 9 mph burning only 4 gph total with a top end of 14.6 mph. Bottom peeled and epoxy coated ( 2 years ago) Bottom painted July 2012 Hull: - Completely Awl-gripped, including cabin sides - 1 year ago Bow pulpit with anchor roller Swim platform - wide platform with boarding ladder and under platform lights Teak railing on SS stantions surround the boat Water tanks - Main fresh water tank - 140 gal, (2) auxiliary water tanks - 30 gal each - total 200 gal Holding tank - 50 gal w/macerator pump Electric Davit - above Sun-deck Cockpit - 60 sq. fee ( 5x12) - aft of Sundeck w/ fishing rod holder, (4) step ladder to sundeck, fresh water shower, salt water wash down pump, lazarette storage in floor, access to steering mechanism, and rudder posts. Flybridge ::Fully enclosed flybridge with seating on both side plus captain's helm seat - Complete weather protection with (4) Isinglass side enclosures, and canvas top Aluminum half tower Isinglass enclosure (4 years old)
- Survivak raft - 6 man Revere Elite Offshore in soft valise - not certified BBQ - Magma 14.5 inch propane BBQ with rod holder mount - in cockpit Fenders,( bow storage racks), lines Cutting board - 50" cutting board -prep table - with mountings on cockpit gunnel (2) SS deck chairs (4) aluminum folding chairs 162 qt Igloo cooler Revere First Aid World pack
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.