- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Eventyr - A "Very Special" Island Packet 40
Eventyr has the distinction of being a custom, shoal draft version with only 3’ 10” draft! AND SHE HAS EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT TO MAKE CRUISING A BREEZE...Roller Furling Sails, Modern Electronics, Generator, Solar Panels, Wind Generator, Water Maker , etc. etc. See Full Specs for all the details on her very impressive inventory and many upgrades!
Whether you plan to single hand or sail with family and friends, the Island Packet 40 is a very smart choice. Not too big - Not Too Small - This Boat is Just Right!
Do Not purchase a mid-size bluewater cruising sailboat until you have seen Eventyr...she will not disappoint you!
- Yacht History
- This Yacht may have been a custom order from the factory because it is the shoal draft version with 3’10” draft. We believe her first owner was from Florida but don't have any further details. The next couple purchased her in 2005 and sailed her to the Bahamas, Leeward and Windward Islands to South America, and we think they left her Curacao for a year while they replenished the cruising kitty. They then sailed the Western Caribbean, through Central America, back to Florida and up to North Carolina where the current owners purchased her in May of 2009. In the fall of 2009 they went to the Bahamas and then next spring returned to North Carolina. They have been cruising up and down the East Coast spending the winters in Florida and summers in Georgia. Now it’s your turn. Where would you like to go? Wherever it is...this beautiful Island Packet 40 can get you there worry-free.
- The IP 40 has a 2 stateroom, 2 head interior. The owner's suite is forward with large Pullman berth to starboard. The roomy private head with shower and teak shower seat is all the way forward. The owner's suite features excellent ventilation and ample storage with bins and drawers underneath the berth plus bureau drawers and a cedar-lined hanging locker to port. Next to aft is the spacious main salon with bulkhead mounted fold-up table. The table folds out a second time for a large salon-wide dining experience. An L-shaped settee to starboard pulls out to make a double berth. Aft of this settee is a nav desk and instrument panel. To port is a settee and cedar-lined hanging locker. The aft head with a shower follows to port and is accessible from both the salon and aft cabin. To starboard of the companionway is the large galley with double S/S sinks, refrigerator/freezer and lots of storage in the form of cabinets, lockers, cubbies, and drawers. To port of the companionway is the entrance to the aft cabin featuring 'extra large' berth, storage bins and drawers and cedar-lined hanging locker which can be converted into a tool and spare parts locker. The engine is under the companionway and is easily accessible from all four sides. Special features salon and throughout: New 2012 Teak and Holly sole (currently protected with custom carpet) Full set of custom Glebe Creek insect screens for all hatches and companionway. Full set of insect screens and Ship Shade pleated shades for all 13 stainless steel ports. 24K BTU Marine Air Air conditioner Four dorade boxes with ABI cowl vents (new 2008). Chelsea Shipstrike clock and barometer on bulkhead Lee Cloths fitted to both settees for use as pilot berths Cambridge Audio Works Speakers LG 22” flat screen TV, and DVD player Jensen AM/FM CD Player (in saloon and cockpit) CATV Cable Connect 6 Hella fans through out boat Several LED lights in salon and stateroom LED lighting in companionway Aft Cabin: Four Lee rod holders mounted overhead and fishing tackle Galley: The L-shaped galley is large and functional with plenty of storage and counter space. It is located near the companion way, which makes it convenient for quick access from the cockpit for sailing or entertaining. Also, the floor in this area has non-skid for safety and easy clean up. Three burner Princess stove with oven Grunert water-cooled, cold-plate 12v DC & 110v AC refrigeration system Separate refrigerator and freezer compartments. Custom Upgraded "Corian" countertops and fiddles w stove and sink covers Pressure hot and cold water. Deep pantry for food storage, and ample storage for pots, pans and utensils Secondary propane safety switch by stove for convenience. Bright halogen lighting in galley Weems and Plath yacht lamp in galley
- Bright halogen lighting in galley for cooking and cleanup. LED anchor light with photo-sensitive switch—turn the breaker on and forget it. Several LED lights in salon and stateroom for low-power consumption. LED lighting in companionway for security and safe entry at night. E.S. Sorensen (Denmark) oil lamp in master stateroom. Weems and Plath yacht lamp in galley. Courtesy lights for entry at night with switch at companionway
- Furuno NAVNET 3D (MFD8) with Sirius Weather receiver Furuno Class B AIS Transponder (Receives and Transmits) Furuno GPS Receiver Northstar 951X GPS/Chartplotter with cartography for Florida, Bahamas, and entire Caribbean Sea and Coastal South and Central America ICOM IC-M710 SSB radio with AT-130 automatic tuner, backstay antenna, extensive ground plane, and Pactor II modem with interface cables for email, weather, weatherfax, etc. VERY strong radio! (needs service but was in full use and activated in April 2012) IC-M504 VHF radio at Nav station with speaker at helm New 2012 ACR EPIRB with optional GPS (installed 20l2 ) B&G Hydra 2000 data network with three multi-function displays (nav desk, cockpit, and helm) plus analog wind instrument (cockpit). System displays speed, depth, apparent and true wind speed, apparent and true wind angle, VMG, all GPS information B&G Hydra Pilot with B&G Type 2 12-Volt linear hydraulic ram mounted below deck directly to steering quadrant.
- If electrical independence is what you are looking for, this yacht has it. 3.5Kw Diesel generator, wind generator provides 10 amps of charging in 15 knots of wind, 180 Watt Solar Panel and controller, 1.8 Kw Inverter lets you run most appliances like microwave or hairdryer The Xantrex Trucharge, three stage battery charger, may be used in parallel with Charles charger to provide 80+ amps charging from shore power or generator. Mastervolt 3500 “Whisper” diesel generator Xantrex Prosine 1800 true sine wave inverter. Xantrex Truecharge 40+ 40 amp 12VDC, three stage battery Charles 40 amp 12VDC, three-stage battery charger. 180 Watt Solar Panel and controller New 2012 520 amp-hour house bank ( new 2011 )--four Trojan SCS 225 deep-cycle batteries. 100 amp-hour starting battery ( new 2011 )—single Trojan group 27 deep-cycle battery. 100 amp Balmar externally-regulated alternator with three stage charging plus spare belts. Two 50’ shore power cords and 30 amp to 15 amp converter
- Dependable Yanmar 50 hp engine which will cruise at 6 kts using 0.8 gph 90 gallon fuel tank yields cruising range of 500-600 miles under power. ( plus four 5 gal jerry jugs) Tides Marine dripless shaft seal with spare seals spare parts Inventory for Yanmar Mastervolt 3500 “Whisper” diesel generator (Kubota diesel) with remote control and alarm panel . 800 hours since new, large inventory of spare parts, runs very well, etc . External racor fuel filter in engine compartment. Serviced 1/ 2013 new fuel pump Spectra Catalina 15 gph reverse osmosis watermaker with MPC automatic controls and freshwater flush. Serviced 3/ 2012 (membrane presently pickled for protection) 24K BTU Marine Air Air conditioner. Watermaker is extremely energy efficient, using only 14-15 amps to fill the large 170 gallon freshwater tank. Whitlock Cobra rack and pinion steering with welded stainless steel emergency tiller. Rule 3700 heavy duty bilge pump (new 2006). Ultra-switch bilge and shower pump switches (new 2008). Whale gusher manual bilge pump (operated from helm). 4 – 5 gallon spare fuel Jerry Cans Spare engine starter 3 spare Yanmar impellors 1 spare Mastervolt (Gen) impellor Numerous fuel and oil filters
- Sailing Gear
- In-Mast Furling Main Sail Roller furling Genoa Roller furling Staysail New Gale Sail 2012 Oversized Lewmar SST 54 primaries (self-tailing) with beautiful chrome finish Oversized Lewmar SST 40 secondaries for genoa furling and staysail handling. Lewmar SST 30 mainsheet/halyard winch on coach roof. Lewmar SST 30 outhaul/mainsail furling winch on coach roof. Lewmar single speed 18 winch for staysail handling on coach roof. Three Lewmar winches on mast for main, genoa, and staysail halyards. Custom Harken cheek blocks port and starboard for improved lead angles and reduced deck clutter. Custom preventer system. Forespar telescoping whisker pole with mast mount. Sobstad sails with new UV sunbrella strips. Restitched 2011 Lewmar locking winch handles (2). All sail controls led to cockpit.
- Ground Tackle
- Simpson Lawrence Sprint 1500 windlass with local foot switches at bow and remote rocker switch at helm. Primary anchor is a 44 lb Manson ( 2012 ) with 275’ of 5/16” G4 high test galvanized chain (re-galvanized 2006). Secondary anchor is a 44 lb Delta anchor with 50’ of 5/16” G4 high test galvanized chain and 250’ of 3/4” three strand nylon. Stern anchor is a Fortress FX-23 alloy anchor with 50’ of 5/16” G4 high test galvanized chain and 200’ of ¾” three strand nylon. Chain stopper for primary anchor with heavy duty pawl and chain tensioner for secondary anchor. Choice of pressurized freshwater or raw water at bow for washing anchor rode and foredeck.
- Winslow 6-man offshore life raft—valise packed in lazarette. Certified until 2/2013 Four Kidde Marine fire extinguishers ACR Rapidfix GPS interfaced EPIRB (New 2012) Orion 12-Gauge flare gun and flares (to 2015) Jacklines and tethers. (2 senior) (2 child with harness) Automatic inflating life vest (2). Certified 2011 Cockpit surrounded by stainless tubing in lieu of lifelines. Throwable flotation cushions and miscellaneous life jackets. ACR personal rescue light attached to inflating harness. Lifesling rescue system
- Lines and Fenders
- Braided nylon dock lines (7) + 430 ft. 5/8 double braid 4 large fenders and poly covers One “large” orange ball One “small” orange ball One fender board Additional cordage, lines and fenders
- Dinghy and Motor
- Caribe L10 RIB Yamaha 15 hp Enduro outboard motor o/b mount on rail - UV cover 2 paddles and whistle Foot pump 2012 Yamaha 6 gallon fuel tank plus gas can Yamaha spare parts kit
- Magma Stainless Steel propane barbecue grill with rail mount and rod-holder mount. (New 2011) Dinghy anchors (1) Anchor Kellet West Marine brand boson chair (new 2012) Davis Radar Reflector Davis Emergency Radar Reflector Hatch, winch and Helm Station covers Cockpit cushions (9 pieces) Two 10-lb aluminum propane cylinders New Regulator and Solenoid 2012 (on propane) Cockpit Teak 4 cup holder Full cockpit enclosure in both eisenglass and mosquito screens Numerous shade panels and connector panels. New Bimini 2008, new dodger glass 2008, new Sunbrella on all sails 2008, new Sunbrella hatch covers 2008. Plastic Replaced in Dodger Companion Way 2013 Teak cockpit table with extension to dine 4 adults
- Specific Exclusions
- Owner’s Personal possessions All hand tools All power Tools All personal computers and software All clothing, books and personal effects All handheld electronics All diving gear All fishing tackle and spear guns All portable lighting All linens and towels All cutlery and cookware
- Eventyr has a custom radar arch of 2 inch stainless with integrated system into the safety lines up to the walk throughs. Also has 2 upholstered transom seats extending into the stainless rail system. The Bimini (new 2008)is integrated into the arch with joiner panels of canvas and plastic to the dodger. A unique feature in Eventyr’s galley is the custom Corian counter with integrated cabinets and under stove storage. The Grunert refrigeration system has separate entries for freezer and refrigeration. The forward and aft cabin, along with the salon has custom fitted carpet, that has not been installed since the new teak and holly sole were installed January 2012. 2011 UPGRADES AND MAINTENANCE 180 Watt Solar Panel and controller 4 Trojan 27 House Batteries (Nov.) 1 Trojan Engine, Generator Battery (Nov.) Sails inspected, Staysail and Genoa re-stitched, added new Jib sheet Fuel tank flushed and cleaned Am/FM radio and speakers installed at helm 2 coats Interlux Micron CSC on hull October 2011 2012 UPGRADES AND MAINTENANCE EPIRB (ACR) new and certified to 2014 Replaced water tank with 2 tanks increased thickness from 2/16 to 3/16 alum approximately 160 gallon total Replaced holding tank with poly unit Flooring in master and salon replaced with new teak and holly All sanitation hosed to both heads replaced with white sanitation hose Furino Navnet 3D(MFD8), radar, AIS, Sirius Weather, interfaced from Nav station to helm MaxSea System to be purchased by new owner for computer interface to helm All electrical wiring at nav station cleaned up (36 hour process) 44 pound Manson anchor Water Pressure system replaced with high pressure Sur-Flo pressure pump (old pressure tank removed) Dodger removed and re-stitched ( 2013 ) Plastic replaced in dodger Sirius WX weather receiver mast mount aerial 50 feet new ground copper foil installed
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Mike at: email@example.com or 941-776-0616 Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Click for more info